Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 04:19 PM

61,612 posts, read 86,931,655 times

Advertisements

You can make a delicious coffee following this instruction:

- measure 3 teaspoons of freshly ground coffee into 12 ounces of fresh
cold water in small saucepan
- bring it just to a boil then take it off the heat immediately
- cover with a saucer, and let it sit for 3 minutes
- then strain carefully into a cup.

If you buy the filter ( permanent )
then you can make it so:

1. boil water
2. take a coffee cup, place the filter on the top of the mug
3. scoop the desired amount of coffee, place in the filter (for a strong cup,
use 3 teaspoons for one 12-ounce cup )
4. pour the boiling water slowly all over the coffee grounds, and let it drip into
your coffee mug, remove the filter
5. add sugar and/or cream to your coffee (to taste)
6. enjoy!

If you use a drip and paper filters:

1. boil water
2. get a coffee cup
3. get the drip, insert paper filter, wet the paper a little
4. place the drip with the filter on the top of your mug
5. scoop the desired amount of coffee (for a strong cup, use 3 heaping
teaspoons for one 12-ounce cup.)
6. pour the boiling water slowly all over the coffee grounds and let it drip into
your coffee mug, remove the drip with the filter
7. add sugar and/or cream to taste
8. enjoy!

If the coffee is to strong, add more hot water or milk. If too weak, well, the next time add little more coffee to your filter
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2011, 07:12 PM

1,963 posts, read 5,618,415 times
One of my friends keeps an Aeropress coffee maker in her office since the company machine is filthy & tastes like sewer water. The Aeropress is manual & non-electric & works like a French press on steroids. The taste of the cup is like a Moka pot brew or even vacuum pot.

Old 11-18-2011, 01:13 PM

738 posts, read 2,955,574 times
My college coffee pot was $4.95 from Walmart, it was a 12-cup machine and lasted 4 of the years I was there without fail. The coffee tasted the same as my massive espresso/coffee/frother contraption I got as a wedding gift that cost 30x as much.

Old 11-18-2011, 01:31 PM

12,951 posts, read 13,659,169 times
I use an electric hot pot and the basket from a broken expresso maker, all thrift shop finds. Just hold the basket over a cup and slowly pour the hot water in an let it drain into the cup. once the cup is half full fill it the rest of the way with hot water. Taste like the best americano.

Old 11-18-2011, 08:13 PM

22,652 posts, read 24,563,352 times
Best way to make STRONG coffee:

1. Grind FRESH coffee beans very fine (finer than espresso).
2. Bring water to a hard boil, turn heat off.
3. As soon as the heat is turned off, take a generous amount of coffee-
and put it into the water, stir and cover.
4. Let sit for 2 minutes and then stir again..........then pour the coffee through-
a FINE metal strainer.

5. ENJOY!

Old 11-21-2011, 12:24 PM

573 posts, read 970,388 times
You can one of those melitta one cup strainers and the small cone type filters or the smaller basket type filters (and fold it over so that it will fit) and put regular drip ground coffee into the filter and pour boiling water. The advantage of this is your coffee is always hot. You don't use as much as you would with a 4 cup drip coffee maker (unless you like strong coffee) and it is ready very quickly. Occasionally the strainer gets clogged but you just gently tug on the end of the paper filter sticking up and it will start flowing normally. I've been doing this for years.

Old 09-21-2020, 01:12 AM

5 posts, read 7,574 times
Default How to make coffee without a coffee maker

I have my coffee maker broken, so I wonder how can I make coffee without a coffee maker. I know how to make coffee using a french press, but I guess there are many more ways to make it. Please share your recipes!

Old 09-21-2020, 02:49 AM

339 posts, read 148,120 times
How to make coffee without a coffee maker?

You could use Instant coffee if you like that idea! Personally, for me, instant is gruel
1 tsp instant coffee and add sugar or creamer, boil water, pour water in the cup and stir, done!

I use a pour over method since I only drink one cup of coffee in a day! (This is the easiest method in my view)
I use a #2 filter with my pour over cone, pour boiling water into filter lined cone that has the coffee grounds and cinnamon. When cup has the amount of coffee you want to drink, you throw the filter away, rinse out the cone, stir coffee, drink!

You could use a coffee filter, tie off the filter and brew it like you were brewing tea.
Never done this but sounds pretty self explanatory,right?

You could use a very fine mesh strainer and cheesecloth or even a coffee filter!
Proceed the same as the pour over method!

Last edited by FierceKaia; 09-21-2020 at 02:51 AM.. Reason: spacing issues

Old 09-21-2020, 07:20 AM

7,480 posts, read 6,248,665 times
Before I discovered the pourover holder, I simply used a paper towel over the cup, put a scope of coffee in the towel and pour boiling water into it. It works.

Old 09-21-2020, 07:27 AM

1,145 posts, read 1,008,293 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ature=emb_logo

https://international.melitta.de/en/...19,detail.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes