Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 03:02 PM

13,395 posts, read 45,017,299 times

Advertisements

Well, tomorrow is this month's cocktail party.
Looks like I have a wealth of ideas from which to choose.
Thanks for keeping this thread going, everyone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2007, 03:18 PM

5,024 posts, read 8,892,986 times
How about ham roll ups? Lay out thin slices of ham (like the square-ish kind you buy for sandwiches), spread with softened light cream cheese. Place a whole green onion (ends trimmed) on one long end of a ham slice, and roll up tightly, like a sushi roll. Cut with a sharp knife into small slices. Place on a plate - cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate til the gathering - or eat promptly.

These go like candy at any party I've brought them to.

Old 10-04-2007, 03:19 PM

279 posts, read 1,139,132 times
Hey Cricket- I have made the roll ups plenty of times and you are correct they go like crazy... and are so easy to make

Old 10-19-2007, 09:50 AM

491 posts, read 339,712 times
Walnut and Blue Cheese-Coated Grapes
Recipe courtesy of Gourmet Magazine
Ingredients
2/3 cup finely chopped walnuts
6 ounces crumbled Cabrales (Spanish blue cheese), Roquefort or Gorgonzola may be substituted
4 ounces cream cheese
20 loose seedless red grapes (about 1/4 pound with stems)

Directions
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. On a sheet pan spread out the walnuts
and toast in the oven for 7 to 9 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.

In a bowl with an electric mixer, cream together the blue cheese and the cream cheese until smooth.
Put one tablespoon of the cheese mixture in the palm of one hand and in it roll a grape, shaping the
mixture around the grape to coat. Cover the remaining grapes and chill on a sheet pan for 15
minutes. Roll the cheese-coated grapes in the walnut mixture to cover completely and chill for 30
minutes or until coating is firm. Using a sharp knife cut grapes into halves.

I love this grapes, they are always a hit at my parties...Enjoy with wine, of course..

Old 10-21-2007, 05:12 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,017,299 times
Sounds delicious, purtex, and nice for fall.
We have this month's cocktail party on Friday.
I was going to make a parmesan cheese black bean dip, but I might try your grapes instead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes