U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2012, 01:46 PM

19 posts, read 49,047 times

Advertisements

I am on weight watchers, and I am trying to come up with good recipes, does anyone have any that are healthy and filling?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2012, 01:59 PM

19 posts, read 49,047 times
And I now realize this should have been placed under "Recipes" forum.

Old 06-10-2012, 02:14 PM

2,187 posts, read 4,003,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCW25 View Post
I am on weight watchers, and I am trying to come up with good recipes, does anyone have any that are healthy and filling?

I have a reallyyyyyy old one from Diet Workshop from like 20 years ago, but I still make it and just love the taste and texture of it. Take a jar of Not So Sloppy sloppy joe mix (they apparently still make it because I have seen it since I moved to Illinois last summer) or Manwich sauce and add to 1 pound of ground turkey which has been browned and drained. Take a bag of coleslaw mix and I usually add about a half a bag to the mixture. Stir in until the cabbage/carrot mix is coated with the sauce. Cover and let it simmer for about 15 minutes or so. Serve on a bun of your choice. I love the crunchy sweetness of the cabbage mix, and it adds fiber to your diet as well. Have no idea how that calculates into points on WW, like I said this is from at least 20 years ago. If you try it, let me know what you think.

PS I have also put this over baked potatoes and I like that too!!!

Last edited by CFoulke; 06-10-2012 at 02:15 PM.. Reason: forgot something....

Old 06-10-2012, 06:14 PM

18,736 posts, read 23,331,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCW25 View Post
And I now realize this should have been placed under "Recipes" forum.
I have a ton and I am on WW too lost 52 lbs so far I will post them in the recipe section with the points plus values.

Old 06-10-2012, 06:32 PM

Default Weight Watcher Friendly recipes with points plus values

Pan seared Shrimp

16 large shrimp peeled and deveined tails left on
juice of one lemon
1 tsp parika
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1 tsp Kosher salt
1 tsp red pepper flakes
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp garlic powder

Pat shrimp dry with paper towel, season both side with paprika, salt, garlic powder, red pepper flakes and Italian seasoning. Pre-heat large fry pan to medium high heat. Cook shrimp on both sides for 2 minutes each. Pan should sizzle when you add shrimp. Squeeze fresh lemon juice over the top and serve immediately. I made this last night and served it with rice and sauted fresh spinach W/garlic and oil. Serves 4 people or 2 very hungry people.
serves 4 people, 4 shrimp per person. 2 Pts plus per serving

Ginger Lime Chicken
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
1/4 low sodium soy sauce
3 Tbsp fresh lime juice
2 tsp lime zest
2 Tbsp fresh ginger minced
2 cloves of garlic minced
1 Tbsp honey
2 tsp sesame oil
2 Tbsp scallions
1 Tbsp olive oil
In a large non-reactive bowl, combine soy sauce, lime juice, lime zest, ginger, garlic, honey, oil , mix well. Remove and reserve . Add chicken to bowl, tossing to make sure each piece is coated; refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours. Pre-heat a non stick skillet or you can grill these outside on your Grill until chicken is no longer pink. DO NOT over cook or chicken will be dry. You can also broil them under your broiler.

Serves 4 people and it's 1 chicken breast per person for 5 Pts plus.

Zucchini Fries

This is a baked version of the traditional fried zucchini sticks.

2 large zucchini's cut lengthwise and cut into zucchini sticks
1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
2 eggs beaten with about 1/4 water added
salt and pepper
1 cup flour

Pre-heat oven to 400

Season beaten eggs & water with salt and pepper

dredge zucchini sticks in flour, then egg, then bread crumbs

Keep repeating until all zuchhini are coated.

take a cookie sheet lined with foil and place a cookie cooling rack on top. Spray rack with nonstick spray, place zucchini sticks in a single layer on rack. Spray with a little olive oil. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until zucchini is tender and crispy. no need to turn them because they will get browned on both sides this way. Serve with ranch or horseradish sauce.

Serves 4 people and it's 8 fries per serving . 3 Pts plus per serving

Old 06-10-2012, 06:37 PM

Balsamic Chicken with Mushrooms
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
3 Tbsp balsamic Vinegar
2 Tsp Olive Oil
2 tsp dijon mustard
1 clove garlic chopped
1/3 cup low sodium chicken broth
1/4 tsp dry thyme or fresh if you have it
2 cups slcied fresh mushrooms, I used portabella.

In a nonstick skillet, heat 1 teaspoon of oil.
In a medium bowl, mix 2 tablespoons of vinegar, the mustard and garlic. Add chicken and turn to coat.
Transfer chicken and marinade to skillet. Sauté chicken until cooked through, about 3 minutes on each side. Transfer chicken to a platter and keep warm.
Heat remaining teaspoon of oil in skillet. Sauté mushrooms for 1 minute. Add broth, thyme and remaining tablespoon of vinegar. Cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are deep brown, about 2 minutes longer.
Serve chicken topped with mushrooms.

I got these from the WW E-tools website. I have made these many times and you wouldn't know they are low calorie and fat. serves 4 people and it's 4 Pts plus per serving= 1 chicken breast with mushrooms.

Old 06-12-2012, 06:09 PM

Default WooHoo!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
I have a ton and I am on WW too lost 52 lbs so far I will post them in the recipe section with the points plus values.

Congrats Lubby - that is EXCELLENT weight loss. I gave up years ago and had gastric bypass in 2000. Almost 13 years now - still keeping it off. It is a life long struggle......

Old 06-12-2012, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFoulke View Post
Congrats Lubby - that is EXCELLENT weight loss. I gave up years ago and had gastric bypass in 2000. Almost 13 years now - still keeping it off. It is a life long struggle......
How much did you loose with the bypass? Congrats to you too.

Old 06-12-2012, 10:53 PM

I am down gulp.....about 200lbs. Yes, I was a very large girl - decided I wasn't ready to die yet and got off my big fat tuckus and started over. It was my last hope - truly - and it saved and changed my life. My only regrets were allowing myself to get in that shape in the first place, and waiting so long to get the help I needed. Never again......

Old 06-13-2012, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFoulke View Post
I am down gulp.....about 200lbs. Yes, I was a very large girl - decided I wasn't ready to die yet and got off my big fat tuckus and started over. It was my last hope - truly - and it saved and changed my life. My only regrets were allowing myself to get in that shape in the first place, and waiting so long to get the help I needed. Never again......
It's a tough journey but together we can do it. Keep up the good work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes