Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 11:44 AM

986 posts, read 1,658,550 times

Advertisements

Chicken Bulgogi (Korean BBQ)

Ingredients

3 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
1 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon white sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
1 carrot, julienned
1 green onion, chopped
1/2 yellow onion, chopped
Directions

1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine soy sauce, sesame oil, sesame seeds, garlic, sugar, salt, and pepper. Place chicken, carrots, and onions in the bag; seal, and shake to coat the vegetables and chicken with the sauce. Refrigerate for at least 2 1/2 hours. I prefer to marinate mine overnight.
2. Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat. Remove chicken and vegetables from marinade, and place on a large sheet of aluminum foil; seal. Discard marinade.
3. Place on grill, and cook for 15 to 20 minutes. (This can also be broiled in the stove for roughly 10 min).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2012, 10:03 PM

3,244 posts, read 1,301,223 times
Default Lubby...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
Ginger lime chicken:
4 chicken breasts cut into 1 inch cubes
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 Tbsp Honey
fresh lime juice, I use 1 lime
2 tsp fresh grated ginger or 1 tsp dried ginger
2 cloves of garlic minced
Mix all of the above in a bowl, add chicken and marinate at least 1 hour. Saute in a pan until cooked through, serve over rice.
I'm making this one tomorrow night! It sounds wonderful!
Thanks so much for everyone's input. There are others up there that have my attention, and plan to try them as I go.

Old 08-06-2012, 10:11 PM

578 posts, read 1,088,331 times
Chicken piccata. The best chicken dish ever. Recipe above but 1 add just before you put over linguine drizzle just a little truffle oil over the noodles. Heaven

Old 08-07-2012, 07:47 AM

20,821 posts, read 28,146,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby Wilfong View Post
I'm making this one tomorrow night! It sounds wonderful!
Thanks so much for everyone's input. There are others up there that have my attention, and plan to try them as I go.
Thanks I have many other recipes too check out the recipe forum. I had this last night but I used chicken breast tenders this time and it was delicious.

Old 08-07-2012, 09:47 AM

3,401 posts, read 3,073,069 times
When I cook way too many chicken breasts, I use the following recipe:

QUICK AND EASY CHICKEN CHOW MEIN

2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
2 Tablespoons margarine
2 cups celery, chopped
1 1/2 cups chopped onions
2 cups chicken broth (I use low sodium when I don't have any of my own homemade)
1 (16 oz) can Chinese Vegetables, drained
3 Tablespoons cornstarch
3 Tablespoons soy sauce (I use low sodium so you might have to add more to taste)

Lightly brown cooked chicken in melted margarine. Add celery, onions and chicken broth and cook covered 10 - 15 minuets or until celery is tender. Add drained Chinese vegetables and simmer for about 2 to 3 minutes. Dissolve cornstarch in soy sauce and add to chicken mixture. Cook, stirring constantly, until slightly thickened. Serve over cooked rice.

Old 08-07-2012, 10:01 AM

Chicken cordon bleu

12 thin chicken cutlets
12 slices thin deli ham
12 slices thin deli swiss cheese
1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
1 stick butter melted
1 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup white wine

Pre-heat oven to 425

On a cutting board lay out chicken cutlets and place a slice of ham and a slcie of swiss on each. Roll each one and dip in Melted butter, then dip in bread crumbs. Place in a 13X9 or bigger baking dish. Bake uncovered on 425 for 20 minutes. Mix broth and wine together. Lower temperature to 350 and pour broth mixture on top of chicken and bake and additional 10 minutes. Take a knife and cut into a piece, if knife comes out easily, juices are clear and chicken is no longer pink it's done. Do not over cook or it will be dry.

Chicken fricasee

6 bonless skinless chicken breasts sliced thin
1 large onion chopped
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp dry thyme
2 Tsp gravy master or kitchen bouquet
2 cups hot water
1/3 cup flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp parika
1 1/2 tbsp corn starch mixed into 1/4 cup water

In a large fry pan melt butter in olive oil,on medium high heat, when butter starts to foam and sizzle it's ready for the chicken. mix salt, pepper and parika into flour, dredge each cutlet in flour and place in pan. Cook on both side for 3 minutes, remove chicken from pan and add onion. Saute for 6 minutes. add chicken back to pan and add the hot water, thyme and gravy master. stir and cook covered 10 minutes. add cornstarch mixture and cook until mixture is thick. Serve over buttered noodles.

Chicken and cheese quesadilla's

8 fajita sized whole wheat tortilla- I use La banderita Brand
4 boneless skinless chicken breast cut into bite sized peices ( I use natures promise chicken in the individually wrapped package) I think it tastes better.
1 Tbsp taco seasoning- ortega or or old Elpaso brand
2 tbsp lime juce
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp each of onion and garlic powder
Mix together in a large zip loc bag and marinate 1 hour or more
1 medium onion sliced thin
1 cup reduced fat or regular shredded cheddar or any shredded cheese you prefer, It's good with pepper jack cheese too.
Low-fat sour cream for dipping quesadilla's

Heat a medium fry pan on medium high heat and saute onions until soft, remove from pan and set aside in a bowl, add chicken and cook until opague about 6 minutes. Add chicken to the onions. sprinkle 1/2 tsp salt and mix well. place one tortilla into fry pan and sprinkle about 2 Tbsp cheese, add 1/4 cup of chicken mixture, top with 2 more Tbsp cheese and put another tortilla on top. Grill for 3-4 minutes on one side, then flip over and grill another 3 minutes. Repeat with remaining tortilla's and chicken. You may have left over chicken but that's ok, save it for your lunch. Add sour cream at the end. cut each quesadilla into 4 wedges. Serves 4 people, each person gets 4 wedges. I have done this with just veggies, cheese and black beans, chicken and red beans, it's very versatile. If you like a little added heat you could chop some jalapeno's or add hot suce. Salsa is good too.

Old 08-08-2012, 08:29 AM

633 posts, read 1,728,993 times
I like Chicken Breast Satay ( Indonesian Style). I go to Asia Market and grab some Satay Marinade, cut chicken breast in slices, add the satay mariande for some hours, grill chicken and serve with penut sauce. Yummy!

Old 08-08-2012, 10:09 AM

41,731 posts, read 74,684,043 times
Peel and crush about 12-15 cloves of garlic, and put them in a Dutch oven with a few tablespoonos of oil (if you use olive oil, watch it carefully to make sure it doesn't burn). Add four chicken breasts, and saute chicken and garlic together until the chicken is brown on all sides (but not cooked through), turning the chicken occasionally.

Quarter 4-6 red skinned potatoes, and toss them in with the chicken, stirring to coat them with oil. Add about 1/4 cup of fresh rosemary leaves, 1/2 C of white wine, reduce the heat to a simmer, and cook for 15 minutes. Turn the chicken and stir the potatoes, and cook another 15 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.

If you like, add four servings of broccoli to the pot, on top of the chicken and potatoes, and steam them for the last 6-8 minutes of cooking (longer if you like the broccoli more tender). Salt and pepper to taste.

Old 08-08-2012, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Peel and crush about 12-15 cloves of garlic, and put them in a Dutch oven with a few tablespoonos of oil (if you use olive oil, watch it carefully to make sure it doesn't burn). Add four chicken breasts, and saute chicken and garlic together until the chicken is brown on all sides (but not cooked through), turning the chicken occasionally.

Quarter 4-6 red skinned potatoes, and toss them in with the chicken, stirring to coat them with oil. Add about 1/4 cup of fresh rosemary leaves, 1/2 C of white wine, reduce the heat to a simmer, and cook for 15 minutes. Turn the chicken and stir the potatoes, and cook another 15 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.

If you like, add four servings of broccoli to the pot, on top of the chicken and potatoes, and steam them for the last 6-8 minutes of cooking (longer if you like the broccoli more tender). Salt and pepper to taste.
This sounds really good. I may make this dish next week.

Old 08-08-2012, 11:36 AM

17,330 posts, read 32,869,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
This sounds really good. I may make this dish next week.
I agree. I found myself salivating while reading it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes