U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2012, 03:21 PM

18,241 posts, read 22,642,362 times

Advertisements

1 lb of easter or yukon gold potatoes peeled and cubed
1 bulb of garlic
2 tbsp grated cheese
1 bay leaf
2 1/2 cups chicken broth
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp black pepper
2 tbsp butter
1 small onion chopped
2/3 cup heavy cream

Take one head of garlic and cut the top off, place in aluminum foil and drizzle with olive oil, wrap the bulb and roast in the oven on 400 for 20 minute,set aside for a minute. Place cut poatoes in a large pot, add chicken broth and 1 bay leaf, boil until potatoes get soft. In a small fry pan saute onins in butter until onions become translucent.Take the bulb of garlic and squeeze out all of the cloves into the pot of potatoes, add Italian seasoning, heavy cream, grated cheese, salt ,pepper.Transfer soup to a blender or food processor and bend until smooth. Soup will be sightly thick, if you want it thinner adm more broth. Remember to discard bay leaf before pureeing soup.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2012, 04:35 PM

12,971 posts, read 24,937,920 times
Recipe sounds delish!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
Transfer soup to a blender or food processor and bend until smooth.
Something I discovered a long time ago, and that I like so much I almost always do it now, is to set aside a portion of the soup before I puree the rest, and then recombine them before serving. This creates that yummy thick puree texture overall, but with enough of the chunky stuff to give it a more interesting texture.

Once in a while I do a variation, where I keep the parts separate, then ladle up a bowl of the puree, and then spoon some of the more "rustic" soup into the center, with a garnish.

I've even done a ying-yang presentation, ladling both kinds into a bowl at the same time so that one side is smooth, one is chunky. Playing with soup textures is fun!

Oh, and I suggest sprinkling some fresh chopped chives on the top as a garnish, or maybe even a little green onion. Yum!

Last edited by OpenD; 09-24-2012 at 04:46 PM..

Old 09-24-2012, 04:42 PM

2,046 posts, read 1,302,676 times
There is a ham bone in my freezer waiting for potato soup, but I have never had a good recipe for it. Lovin' this, and the garlic and bay leaf might just be the thing to liven it up!!

Old 09-24-2012, 05:17 PM

18,241 posts, read 22,642,362 times
Thanks, I tasted it and it's so good. Having it for dinner one night this week. BTW I made this recipe up in 5 minutes today LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes