Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 03:23 PM

4,481 posts, read 3,636,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
Unfortunately Thanksgiving has beome just another day for us as we no longer celebrate because most of our family are in a different state and too far that we cannot travel no one has the money to spend for travel .. so no celebrations at all this year and Christmas will be the same because we have no money to travel or buy presents either . We have been so sad this whole year because we knew this would happen ..

If there is a church/adult center/homeless center, etc. in your area - you may want to consider serving Thanksgiving dinner to the less fortunate. It can be fun for both sides - you share a meal with some interesting people (depending on where you go) and have fun serving it, and often helping prepare it, and they get to celebrate the holidays with people who will treat them with respect and provide them with a good meal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2012, 07:44 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,345,842 times
Well, my brothers and sister and I as well as our families usually all come together on Thanksgiving but this year it looks like we will be separating due to a few circumstances. I will be going to my bfs parents house. This will be the first holiday I will spend with his family and I am pretty excited.

She has asked me to make mac and cheese and I am making the crock pot mac and cheese I got off this very site!

I have no idea what she will be making. I know SO will have a meatloaf because he doesn't eat turkey or ham. He calls me a weirdo! humpff!

Old 11-10-2012, 10:40 AM

2,546 posts, read 6,873,009 times
This Thanksgiving and Christmas may be the last year of good holidays for a lot of people.

Old 11-10-2012, 07:49 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,415,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn07 View Post
This Thanksgiving and Christmas may be the last year of good holidays for a lot of people.
What makes you say that? Will there be a turkey shortage?

Old 11-11-2012, 02:24 PM

3,399 posts, read 3,089,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn07 View Post
\

And if there will be a turkey shortage, maybe we can switch to chickens.....those critters run around and sure are good in any chicken recipe.

Old 11-11-2012, 02:30 PM

8,091 posts, read 15,427,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rural chick View Post
\

Please feel free to tell us a valid reason connected to food. As a reminder, this is the food and recipe forum section and not politics or similar section. And if there will be a turkey shortage, maybe we can switch to chickens.....those critters run around and sure are good in any chicken recipe.
Or ducks, geese, quail, partridge, emu, ostrich ...

Old 11-14-2012, 01:12 AM

6,848 posts, read 11,797,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SATX56 View Post
It looks like for once in about 40 + years we may stray from our Thanksgiving tradition feast at home. SIL has an ailing Gmother and we may eat out or do a toned down version at home then off to visit her. But, here's some photos from last years feast!
What a beautiful turkey!!! I want a bite of that right now... in fact, a turkey sandwich would be just right!

What did you do to it to get such a beautiful color???

Inquiring minds want to know!

Old 11-14-2012, 11:21 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,798,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BstYet2Be View Post
What a beautiful turkey!!! I want a bite of that right now... in fact, a turkey sandwich would be just right!

What did you do to it to get such a beautiful color???

Inquiring minds want to know!

Thanks Best! I love leftover turkey in sandwiches too! I think my wife just rubs butter on and under the skin. But, she does inject with a Cajun Creole Butter. I'll try to get more info tomorrow.

Old 11-15-2012, 07:20 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,682,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalara View Post
Or ducks, geese, quail, partridge, emu, ostrich ...
Leftover sandwiches for days!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes