Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2018, 02:16 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,884,919 times

Advertisements

Rum cake for me too. I use dark rum though. And a half a cup, what's with that 2 oz.????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2018, 03:01 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,812,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs.cool View Post
Rum cake for me too. I use dark rum though. And a half a cup, what's with that 2 oz.????

lol.

Old 06-03-2018, 09:44 AM

9,717 posts, read 14,252,784 times
Pineapple Lover's Delight
Ingredients:
1 Duncan Hines Yellow Cake Mix
1-8 oz. pkg. cream cheese
1 Lg. pkg. instant vanilla pudding
3 cups milk
1 large can crushed pineapple (drained)
1 large container cool whip
1 package coconut flakes

13' x 9' Pan -
Bake 1 Duncan Hines Yellow Cake Mix, per directions
Turn out on oblong plate
In a bowl mix a little of the milk with the cream cheese. Add remaining milk and box of dry instant pudding. Mix Well-let it set up for about 5 minutes. Spread top of cooled cake with pudding mixture, spread drained pineapple on top of pudding mixture. Cover top and sides with cool whip, cover top and pat sides with coconut flakes.

Never fails, Stupendous Display, and Tastes Even Better!

I'm baking one this week, but substituting the pineapple with fresh, sliced, strawberries, and instead of topping with coconut, I'm topping with fresh, thinly sliced strawberries.

About the 'No Box Mix Comment"..... Our local bakery asked me for this recipe.

Old 06-06-2018, 06:10 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,413,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
Pineapple Lover's Delight
Ingredients:
1 Duncan Hines Yellow Cake Mix
1-8 oz. pkg. cream cheese
1 Lg. pkg. instant vanilla pudding
3 cups milk
1 large can crushed pineapple (drained)
1 large container cool whip
1 package coconut flakes

13' x 9' Pan -
Bake 1 Duncan Hines Yellow Cake Mix, per directions
Turn out on oblong plate
In a bowl mix a little of the milk with the cream cheese. Add remaining milk and box of dry instant pudding. Mix Well-let it set up for about 5 minutes. Spread top of cooled cake with pudding mixture, spread drained pineapple on top of pudding mixture. Cover top and sides with cool whip, cover top and pat sides with coconut flakes.

Never fails, Stupendous Display, and Tastes Even Better!

I'm baking one this week, but substituting the pineapple with fresh, sliced, strawberries, and instead of topping with coconut, I'm topping with fresh, thinly sliced strawberries.

About the 'No Box Mix Comment"..... Our local bakery asked me for this recipe.
This sounds really good - have you tried this with toasted coconut?

Old 06-07-2018, 02:43 PM

1,371 posts, read 666,323 times
Fruit cocktail cake made like this, except mom used a yellow cake mix. I LOVED the frosting/glaze.

https://www.southernplate.com/old-fa...cocktail-cake/

Nothing like gooey butter cake either.

Old 06-08-2018, 09:39 AM

1,326 posts, read 1,137,528 times
Any boxed flavor, mixed with diet sprite or any other soda. I usually do a single serving in the microwave but have done a whole one in the oven.

Or boxed chocolate mixed with chobani greek yogurt. I nuke that in a mug!

My BF likes it when I make him peach cobbler with box white cake, peaches and butter. Takes 5 minutes to prep and not too long to cook. I usually just make a quarter pan size serving. Same size as Chinese take out trays.

Old 06-08-2018, 10:05 AM

4,196 posts, read 6,420,037 times
Cranberry orange cake

1 box yellow cake mix

1 box (4-serving size) vanilla instant pudding and pie filling mix

1 cup water-- I've done 1/2 OJ 1/2 water..

1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened

1 to 2 teaspoons grated orange peel

4 eggs

1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, chopped (do not thaw frozen cranberries)
I've always used fresh and cut a bunch in half and leave some whole..
Powdered sugar, if desired..
---------------------------------------------
Orange Sauce, if desired

1 cup granulated sugar

1 tablespoon all-purpose flour

1/2 cup orange juice

1/2 cup butter or margarine

Steps
Heat oven to 325°F. Grease and flour 12-cup fluted tube cake pan, or spray with baking spray with flour.

In large bowl, beat cake mix, pudding mix, water, softened butter, orange peel and eggs with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, scraping bowl constantly, then on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Fold in cranberries. Spread in pan.

Bake 57 to 65 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes; remove from pan. Cool completely, about 1 hour. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.

In 1-quart saucepan, cook sauce ingredients over medium heat about 4 minutes, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly. Serve warm or cool sauce with cake. Store cake loosely covered at room temperature and sauce covered in refrigerator.

I love this cake
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes