U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 07:06 AM

18,693 posts, read 23,240,972 times

Advertisements

You do not have to cut the chicken into chunks, if you prefer you can use thin cutlets and cook them whole too. I coat my chicken in a llittle corn starch before I saute it, it makes the chicken really moist or you can use flour.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2013, 07:11 PM

459 posts, read 687,810 times
Sounds great. Thanks for sharing it.

Old 02-03-2013, 06:32 AM

5 posts, read 4,788 times
I made it half an hour ago.
It's delicious as for me. Chicken was wery gentle, and a marinade in a skillet ... No comments. Rice is really the best to that chicken.
Thanks, Lubby)))
Is it a ordinary American dish?
Sorry for mistakes...

Old 02-03-2013, 08:26 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,194,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
You do not have to cut the chicken into chunks, if you prefer you can use thin cutlets and cook them whole too. I coat my chicken in a llittle corn starch before I saute it, it makes the chicken really moist or you can use flour.
I was thinking this as I read the other posts...and another poster a few post down said they added the marinade to the pan.

I would have done both...and not cook in olive oil. to me Lemon and olive oil are bitter, Honey balances out the flavor but I would think you lose the taste of the chicken.

I made some shrimp one time; I lightly dusted the shrimp with flour and sauted in a pan with little oil, when the shrimp were close to done I added juice of 1/2 a lemon to the pan. The flour and lemon juice made a light sauce.

I would season the chicken strips or pieces, lightly brown, then add a mix of lemon juice, abit of water, and honey to the pan...as soon as the juice heated, thickend slightly, and coated the chicken... I would then pour over cooked white rice or mix in some cooked bowtie pasta.

Old 02-03-2013, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoomBamBar View Post
I made it half an hour ago.
It's delicious as for me. Chicken was wery gentle, and a marinade in a skillet ... No comments. Rice is really the best to that chicken.
Thanks, Lubby)))
Is it a ordinary American dish?
Sorry for mistakes...
Nope, Just something that I made up and threw together.

Old 02-03-2013, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
I was thinking this as I read the other posts...and another poster a few post down said they added the marinade to the pan.

I would have done both...and not cook in olive oil. to me Lemon and olive oil are bitter, Honey balances out the flavor but I would think you lose the taste of the chicken.

I made some shrimp one time; I lightly dusted the shrimp with flour and sauted in a pan with little oil, when the shrimp were close to done I added juice of 1/2 a lemon to the pan. The flour and lemon juice made a light sauce.

I would season the chicken strips or pieces, lightly brown, then add a mix of lemon juice, abit of water, and honey to the pan...as soon as the juice heated, thickend slightly, and coated the chicken... I would then pour over cooked white rice or mix in some cooked bowtie pasta.
You could omitt the honey if you like but it was only a little bit of honey for 1 lb of chicken. I make chicken picatta that way. I dredge the chicken in flour, then I melt 2 tbsp butter and 1 tbsp olive oil cooke the the chicken through then add capers and squeeze lemon on top.

Old 02-05-2013, 03:41 PM

3,406 posts, read 4,170,045 times
This reminds me of a marinade recipe my sister gave me. My husband's not a big lemon fan, so I used lime juice instead. I don't have it in front of me right now, but there is olive oil, lime juice, and garlic. I'll have to check and see if there's honey in it, i can't remember.

Old 02-10-2013, 04:17 PM

77,813 posts, read 91,481,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts or boneless skinless thighs cut into bite sized chuncks
2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice or bottled if you don't have fresh
2 tbsp honey
2 cloves garlic minced
1 tsp kosher salt

Marinate the chicken in the above ingredients for at least 1 hour or more if you like. Heat a large skillet with 2 Tbsp olive oil.Saute chicken and marinade in pan until no longer pink but do not overcook. Serve over rice.
Libby, I made it last night with just a few adjustments, I added a 1/2 cup of brandy and I grilled it on my 5 in one griddle/grill. I took the marinade, heated it and poured it over the chicken. Except I over cooked the chick a minute or two but it was wonderful. Thanks for a really good recipe.

Old 02-10-2013, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Libby, I made it last night with just a few adjustments, I added a 1/2 cup of brandy and I grilled it on my 5 in one griddle/grill. I took the marinade, heated it and poured it over the chicken. Except I over cooked the chick a minute or two but it was wonderful. Thanks for a really good recipe.
glad you enjoyed it

Old 02-27-2019, 07:19 AM

I am bumping this thread because someone asked for the recipe I have varied it slightly since I first posted it.

1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts or cut into bite sized chuncks

2 Tbsp Flour
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice or bottled if you don't have fresh (I added more because I like the taste of lemon)
2 tbsp honey
3 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp kosher salt
1 cup chicken broth
Place the chicken pieces in a bowl and coat with flour, set aside. Heat a large skillet with olive oil, add 2 tsp chopped garlic and cook until fragrant. add chicken, sprinkle with salt and sauté until opaque. In another bowl mix lemon juice, chicken broth,honey and remaining teaspoon of garlic. Add sauce to pan and cook until slightly thickened. Server over noodles, rice, or pasta. I also coat my chicken in flour it makes the chicken soft and velvety. Sauce will thicken on it's own because the chicken was coated with flour. if you are gluten free then use corn starch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes