Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2013, 05:10 AM

3,440 posts, read 6,544,526 times

Advertisements

I find these to be a good buy and wondering if anyone has a favorite way to prepare them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2013, 05:49 AM

17,349 posts, read 16,485,995 times
I just sprinkle them with salt, pepper, garlic powder and Pork Barrel BBQ dry seasoning - then bake.

Old 04-15-2013, 06:02 AM

20,928 posts, read 28,397,897 times
I marinate mine in garlic, soy sauce, ginger, lime and honey and I either bake them or grill them outside. Hubby loves them. I don't care for them so I do my chicken breasts in the same type of marinade. I have also egged and breaded them and pan fried them like chicken cutlets.

Old 04-15-2013, 05:00 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,863,170 times
I use boneless chicken thighs to make Chicken Tagine and Chicken Massaman Curry - both very tasty dishes.

Old 04-15-2013, 05:46 PM

5,014 posts, read 6,597,909 times
rub with a mixture of dijon mustard, a dollop of honey, olive oil, sage, thyme, garlic powder, S&P and roast in a casserole that the thighs fill up pretty well just barely touching each other, over thinly-sliced white or sweet potatoes than you've parcooked in the microwave. Use a higher heat, 375-400, so the tops will glaze a bit.

Old 04-15-2013, 11:01 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,415,942 times
Love this recipe for boneless thighs:

Chicken Karaage Recipe (Japanese Fried Chicken)

Old 04-16-2013, 11:28 AM

5,680 posts, read 10,332,100 times
I posted my all-time favorite Chicken-Bacon-Mushroom Pot Pie here last summer: //www.city-data.com/forum/24980110-post10.html

Oh my goodness, is it ever good!

Old 04-17-2013, 08:14 PM

1,924 posts, read 2,373,072 times
Remove skin if present, and in an ample pot, gently boil six good-sized thighs for about 15 minutes. Remove the thighs to a plate and place in freezer to cool. Reserve about half a cup of the broth. Save the rest off for other uses. Add two 12-ounce cans of store-brand chicken gravy and a bit of ground black pepper. Bring to a simmer. Mix one cup of Bisquik with one-third of a cup of whole milk. Let that set and get puffy. Retrieve the chicken and tear into pieces, adding them to the simmering gravy. Bring all that to a boil. Drop teaspoonfuls of the dough mixture on top. Should make about eight dumplings or so. Maintain a gentle boil and cook uncovered for ten minutes. Cover and cook an additional ten minutes. Spoon a couple of the dumplings onto a plate, cover with chicken and gravy, and enjoy! It's cheap, quick, and delicious, and there's only one pot involved.

Old 04-21-2013, 07:21 PM

2,898 posts, read 6,346,845 times
NDaawn... I like to take boneless, skinless chicken thighs or legs & dredge them in a Shake 'n Bake type mix, which I mix up myself in either a paper or plastic bag or just a large bowl. I vary ingredients to taste, as I'd like... some days I want a garlic taste, others not so much. Recently, I've used:

1C whole grain oat flour or buckwheat flour (Bob's Red Mill brand for both, available in smaller pkgs) or you can use other flours you have readily available at home... these 2 add a different flavor & I like to vary flavors so I don't get bored.

And, I don't measure, just use a heaping handful of each of the following:

Paprika, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder (garlic & onion salts are way too salty for me), oregano, basil, poultry seasoning & kosher salt (smaller amt). I like highly seasoned foods... if you don't, just use 1-2 Tlbs of each seasoning.

Coat wet chicken (I just make sure it's rinsed in water so the coating will stick) & cook covered in single layer in heavy cast iron chicken fryer in enough olive oil to more than coat bottom of pot on med-high heat. Make sure pot is very hot before adding oil, then chicken. I like when the outside is more than browned, almost burnt-crisp, which adds a lot of flavor. Turn chicken as needed, but wait for crust to darken on 1st side before turning, if you like it crispy-crunchy.

Oftentimes, when done, I keep pot on high heat, add 1/4C wine (white or red) or brandy or sherry & loosen all browned bits from bottom of pan, cook up 1-min to burn off alcohol & pour over chicken. At that point, you could also remove from heat & after bits are loosened, add a splash of cream to the wine sauce. Also, when more adventurous, I've skipped the wine step & instead, rolled them in a bottled buffalo wings sauce.

Chicken can also be baked in the oven in the same pot & just enough olive oil to coat bottom of pot, but I like a more fried chicken crunch without deep frying (too health conscious to use that method). It also grills nicely.

I vary flours, sometimes using whole wheat or buckwheat or anything I can buy in bulk so I can just test a small portion in a recipe. Also, can add rosemary or cayenne to the coating, if you like... or any other seasoning which may be to your particular taste.

Never tried it with breast meat, as I tend to do this when leg meat is on sale & I have a whole bunch of it to fry up. Hope you enjoy! Post pics!

Old 04-21-2013, 09:57 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,471,880 times
Put washing chicken thighs in a crock pot and cover with a can of Cream of Mushroom soup and one canful of milk (mixed together before you put it on the chicken). Not long before it is ready make up some pice and serve the chiclen with some sauce over the rice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes