Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2013, 10:52 AM

3,399 posts, read 3,090,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookmen View Post
I made this for dinner last night and it was delicious. I was really worried though as I was putting it together that it was going to be a disaster. With all the liquids, it's very watery looking and I thought that the recipe could not possibly be correct. It turned out great, however, and I'm glad I made it.

Mine did not brown after the recommended time, even after 50 minutes, so I put it under the broiler briefly to brown the top. Not sure why I had that issue.

There was plenty of meat in it for us, but some people might want to add more.

Glad it turned out for you. Many ovens vary and sometimes I have cooked it a bit longer than stated. It is a really good casserole.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2013, 09:15 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rural chick View Post
I posted a picture of my dinner casserole over on Other Topics in the Community Chat forum (you should all come and see us every once in a while). People wanted the recipe for this very easy casserole. So here it is.....it tastes like chicken and dumplings but is simple!! It's made with Bisquick which I know some of you don't like Bisquick so I guess this would not suit your tastes nor needs for this good casserole.

Chicken and Dumpling Casserole

Your dumplings will be on the top.....whatever you do when you put this together DO NOT STIR this.

2 Large Chicken Breasts, cooked and shredded. (I use chicken on the bone and then take it off bone)
2 cups chicken broth
1/2 stick butter or margarine
2 cups Bisquick
2 cups milk - recipe actually calls for whole milk but I use lower fat content
1 can cream of chicken soup (there is a herbed chicken soup which is good) - I use lower sodium soup
3 teaspoons granular chicken bouillon or poultry seasoning - I use less due to salt content
1 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon dried sage
salt if needed

Oven 350 degrees F
In 9 x 13 pan melt 1/2 stick butter or margarine. Put shredded chicken over the butter/margarine. Sprinkle black pepper and sage over this layer. DO NOT STIR

In a medium bowl, mix Bisquick and milk. Slowly pour this mixture over the chicken/sage/pepper layer. DO NOT STIR

In medium bowl, mix chicken soup, chicken broth and chicken granulated bouillon. Pour slowly over the Bisquick layer. DO NOT STIR.

Do not be tempted to stir this. The different layers make the dumplings. Bake the casserole for 30 to 40 minutes in a pre-heated oven, or until the top is golden brown.

sounds pretty yummy to me. Our daughter has one, but it isn't really a casserole. She cooks the chicken in the slow cooker and toward the end adds Pillsbury biscuits. I don't have a clue what else, but it is really tasty as well. BTW, I always use chicken on the bone, except when I want to grill breasts. The bone in, has so much more flavor and the bones are great for chicken stock.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes