U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2013, 09:29 AM

3,401 posts, read 2,659,982 times

Advertisements

I know that recipe title sounds iffy, but these are really good.

Quite a while ago a friend gave this recipe for potatoes with mustard. I tried them and wow they were great. I made them last night again and loved them just as much, so thought I would share the recipe.

Roasted Potatoes with Mustard.

7 or 8 medium potatoes cut in wedges (I partly peel some of the potatoes and sometimes use more potatoes)
3.5 tablespoons olive oil
2.5 tablespoons horseradish mustard (or probably could use stone ground or Dijon)
1 medium onion - sliced
1 teaspoon dried parsley
1 teaspoon dried chopped chives
salt and pepper to taste (takes at least 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon salt - you be the judge)

Preheat oven to 450. Spray oblong baking pan with cooking spray (or mist with olive oil if you prefer).

Wash and peel (or leave it on if you prefer) potatoes and cut halves lengthwise and then into wedges.

Mix the mustard, olive oil, dried parsley, and dried chives in a large bowl and mix completely. Put potatoes and onion slices in and salt and pepper before stirring....then stir the potatoes and mustard mixture together. Pour into sprayed pan and bake for about 40 minutes (test with a fork as different ovens take different times). I stir mine just a bit to bring the bottom potatoes to the top.... around half way through time so the edges of the bottom potatoes get brown and crisp. Enjoy!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2013, 09:32 AM

35,106 posts, read 43,434,741 times
Sounds interesting I may have to try it but make a smaller batch and present it along with other potato options just in case it is not well received. Thank you for the recipe.

Old 06-10-2013, 11:18 AM

17,336 posts, read 28,713,768 times
I loooooove mustard and potatoes. This is totally up my alley. Thanks!

Old 06-10-2013, 01:18 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,659,982 times
I think you'll like them .... I have picky grandkids who don't like mustard but they love these potatoes when I make them. I usually try to make them with horseradish mustard but also like them when I make them with whole grain mustard.

Old 06-11-2013, 03:53 PM

18,243 posts, read 22,642,362 times
This sounds like something I would make and I would use Dijon because hubby does not like spicy mustard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes