Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2007, 07:45 AM

6,712 posts, read 13,456,158 times

Advertisements

Woah, so I was on Allrecipes.com last night after a previous thread was talking about it. I ran across the recipe "Chicken Cordon Bleu II" and realized how simple it was to make. I did change it up ever so slightly and it came out absolutely PERFECT! You guys have got to try this.

6 Chicken Breasts
6 Slices of Ham
6 Slices Swiss Cheese
2 eggs
1/2 cup milk
Italian Bread Crumbs
3/4 cup white wine
1 tsp Chicken Buillon
1 cup heavy cream
1 tbsp corn starch
3 Tbsp Butter
3 Tbsp Olive Oil

First, pound the chicken breasts down to about 1/4-1/2 inch thick.

Next, whisk together the 2 eggs and the 1/2 cup milk. Take the pounded chicken breasts and dip them in the egg/milk mixture. Then coat the breasts with the Italian bread crumbs.

Place your ham and swiss slices on the face of the chicken breast. Roll them up (try to keep as much of the swiss and ham on the "inside" of the roll) and insert toothpicks to keep them together.

Next, on a skillet with medium-high heat, melt the 3 tbsp butter and mix the 3tbsp of olive oil in with it. Place the chicken in the skillet and cook it until golden brown on all sides.

After chicken is browned, reduce heat to low, mix together the chicken bouillon and wine and evenly pour it onto the skillet (try to avoid pouring directly on the chicken, but a little splash isn't going to kill it). Cover, and let simmer for 15 minutes (15 is good if your breasts are pounded thin).

After 15 minutes (or when chicken is cooked thoroughly), remove chicken from skillet and let the grease drain off for about 5 min. In the meanwhile, mix the cornstarch and heavy cream in a bowl. With the skillet still on low heat, slowly pour the cream mixture into the skillet (which should still have a white wine, chickeny fluid-this is good) and stir constantly until sauce is thick. Move the cordon bleu to a serving dish, pour the sauce over it and you're good to go.

I promise, this is so easy to make, you can't really screw it up. Try it, you'll love it.

Oh, and if you don't have white wine, you can use salt water (but i'd only recommend 1/2 cup) or even chicken stock.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2007, 08:12 AM

204 posts, read 774,076 times
I've also made it and added sliced mushrooms to he sauce. Yum

Old 11-11-2007, 09:49 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,301,760 times
Yummm..sounds good. I will give it a try! Thanks.

Old 11-12-2007, 05:23 AM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,431,945 times
Sounds delishes, and that's pretty much how I make mine.
But, I do have a suggestion, because I do believe if you start with good ingredients, it will also turn into a good tasting dish.
I usually use a slightly smoked cooked ham, and imported Swiss cheese (like Emmentaler).
You will find those items by your deli counter, or even have it sliced in the deli itself.
YUMMY!!!!!

Old 11-12-2007, 03:24 PM

6,712 posts, read 13,456,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingBack2PA View Post
But, I do have a suggestion, because I do believe if you start with good ingredients, it will also turn into a good tasting dish.
I usually use a slightly smoked cooked ham, and imported Swiss cheese (like Emmentaler).
You will find those items by your deli counter, or even have it sliced in the deli itself.
YUMMY!!!!!
Yes you are correct, that is exactly what I did. Not to mention, the good chicken breasts (the ones behind the glass case) were on sale and they were very high quality.

Old 11-28-2007, 10:46 AM

1,250 posts, read 3,500,716 times
I just made this last night and it was so yummy! Thanks for the recipe! The whole family loved it.

Old 11-29-2007, 06:30 AM

859 posts, read 2,148,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingBack2PA View Post
YUMMY!!!!!
Are you from Germany,,? Not many People know Emmentaler Kaese

Old 11-29-2007, 11:15 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,418,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmin71 View Post
I'm not German (or Swiss for that matter) but I know my Emmentaler!! I would further recommend a good Black Forest (Schwartzwalder) ham, sliced fresh at the deli counter - doesn't get any better than that unless you order it from Brandorff Schinkenhaus.

Old 11-29-2007, 07:20 PM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,431,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmin71 View Post
Yes....how did you guess....lol.
I swear by my Emmentaler Kaese.....lol.....taste so nutty mild, and melts so beautifully!
Dream combination with a robust tasting, smoked ham.......huh....*drool* *drool*

Old 11-30-2007, 07:54 AM

859 posts, read 2,148,138 times
@ donth8tme

I am impressed most Americans dont know this cheese. I asked at the Deli counters, and the Girls back there always have the *blank stare* lol

Schwarzwaelder schinken ,,, is oh soooooooooo good!! I could eat thats stuff 24/7 and its actuelly good for you , being its SOOOOOO lean!

---------

Movingback2PA...
I am from Germany,, I was born and raised there. Came over in 91 with my first Husband. Grew up right arround Karlsruhe/ Ettlingen ...

if you are intersted I have a wunderful site I can give you the Link for Germans here in the USA,

You ever order from german.deli ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes