Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2013, 10:47 AM

19,436 posts, read 27,827,273 times

Advertisements

I use raw corn frequently as part of a corn salad, along with avocado, tomato (preferably grape tomatoes, cut in half), red onion, a small squish of garlic from a press, lots of fresh lime juice, salt, a little olive oil and cilantro or basil. Trust me, it's incredibly good (we prefer cilantro).

For those who like it hot, add a little chopped fresh jalapeno. Can also add red pepper, if you want.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2013, 12:39 AM

5,035 posts, read 9,222,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukesgrrl View Post
I haven't seen any corn in Tucson yet that looks nice enough even to eat cooked. For me, corn has to be really fresh and really sweet to be worth eating raw. When I cook it for myself, I wrap an ear in a wet paper towel and zap it until I can smell it across the kitchen. Much simpler than boiling but not if you need a lot.
You must have missed it. I've gotten some fabulously sweet, delicious fresh corn this season. I think we live near each other and may shop in the same place. Maybe I took the best ones each time before you got there?

I just trim down any silk that is protruding and put them as is into the microwave. I usually make 2 ears at a time and they take 6-8 minutes to cook.

Old 08-20-2013, 11:33 AM

7,357 posts, read 11,758,516 times
Raw corn makes a great salad ingredient and a wonderful raw soup. Just whizz it in the blender with a spot of black pepper and some water. Don't make my mistake -- strain before you sip, otherwise you'll be chewing your cud all the livelong day.

Old 08-21-2013, 02:41 AM

57 posts, read 112,408 times
Cook it as you normally would. Put it into water, bring to a boil and let boil for 1-3 minutes depending on your prefered level of doneness. I prefer just one because I like it as fresh and crisp as I can get.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes