Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2013, 08:07 PM

1,107 posts, read 1,451,207 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone! A few years ago I went to a get together and someone had made this amazing buffalo chicken dip. She emailed the recipe, and I made it a few times but I lost it

I'm not sure if it is something she did herself, w/ finding out what works best... I found other recipes but nothing like the one I made, which I know was good, and I had plenty of compliments.

What I remember was:

Cream cheese
Marie's bleu cheese dressing (a full jar)
then it was canned chicken
buffalo sauce to taste
Marie's bleu cheese dressing
mozzerella cheese
and add more buffalo sauce to taste

Also - deciding if I should serve it with tortilla chips or small pieces of french bread.

I believe that was the order that was in the pan, but I'm not 100% sure. I'm not sure on the temperature or how long to put it in for. Anyone know? Anyone have any other recommendations? I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2013, 08:13 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,383,288 times
I love that dip. I have made it with real chicken and canned chicken. It is much better with the real chicken

My recipe was a little different but very good also:

3-4 boneless chicken breasts
1 small bottle bleu cheese dressing
1 bar cream cheese
1 bag shredded cheddar
1/2 bottle Frank's Red Hot sauce
Boil chicken till done and shred and put in baking dish. Pour the 1/2 bottle of Franks Red Hot sauce over the chicken. In a small saucepan mix cream cheese, bleu cheese dressing and pour over the chicken. Add bag of shredded cheddar cheese. Put in 350* oven and bake until bubbling...about 30 minutes. Dip tortilla chips in it and enjoy!

Old 11-24-2013, 08:15 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,347,105 times
Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe - Allrecipes.com

Seems to have a lot of raves. Not something that sounds too good to me, maybe better with shredded rotisserie chicken would be better.

Old 11-24-2013, 08:23 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,383,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
maybe better with shredded rotisserie chicken would be better.

I would also skip the ranch and use the bleu cheese.

I made it once with canned chicken and it was horrible.

Old 12-09-2013, 09:20 AM

1,039 posts, read 2,653,302 times
It's right on the Frank's Red Hot website.

FRANK'S® REDHOT® BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP Recipe | Frank's® RedHot®

I use blue cheese dressing and blue cheese crumbles for both options.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes