Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2014, 12:19 PM

9 posts, read 8,978 times

Advertisements

Hi I have some whole wheat noodles for chicken noodle soup and need to use them does anyone have a simple chicken noodle soup recipe that does not have veggies or celery in it? Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2014, 12:28 PM

5,118 posts, read 16,591,164 times
Couldn't you just combine cooked chicken, chicken broth & some chicken bullion in a pot, heat it up, then add the noodles & your desired spices? Without veges, I don't see a need for a recipe. (Not trying to be rude here)

Old 09-22-2014, 08:53 AM

7,672 posts, read 12,810,057 times
As the poster said above or are you opposed to onions, garlic for flavoring so you can omit the stock if you are worried about intake.

Basically take chicken, cover with water or stock with a good 2 inches above chicken. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer till chicken cooks through. Minimum 30 minutes for boneless/skinless chicken, about 45 minutes for skin on bone in chicken pieces, 1 hour for whole chicken (but check by gently remove drumstick and checking for doneness) Remove chicken with slotted spoon leaving liquid in sauce pan. Turn up heat to boiling meanwhile cut up your chicken. (or skin it and debone etc depending on what chicken type you use) Once liquid is boiling, add noodle and cook to package directions. Add back in chicken once noodles are cooked. Serve.

If you don't mind onions/garlic, place a bit of butter/oil in pan just to cover bottom. Saute chopped onions and garlic for 5 minutes and then do above.

TIP: If you do use skin on chicken which renders a lot of fat into the soup, chill soup when you remove chicken. Once thoroughly chilled, skim off fat and bring to a boil to continue the rest of the recipe above with adding the noodles.

Old 09-22-2014, 10:17 AM

1,322 posts, read 3,472,060 times
I always add allspice and bayleaf in a spice ball for chicken soup, along with fresh parsley. What is the objection to vegetables? IMO carrots and celery add a lot to the flavor of the broth. I understand if you don't have any but if you simply do not want to eat the vegetables, you can always strain them out before eating.

Old 09-28-2014, 12:57 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,646,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by talloolla View Post
I always add allspice and bayleaf in a spice ball for chicken soup, along with fresh parsley. What is the objection to vegetables? IMO carrots and celery add a lot to the flavor of the broth. I understand if you don't have any but if you simply do not want to eat the vegetables, you can always strain them out before eating.
Yes I add carrots,celery and onion and then strain the out before serving. Also I cook my noodles separately because I find they "suck" up so much of my chicken broth...

Old 10-03-2014, 12:29 PM

7,672 posts, read 12,810,057 times
I am making some chicken stock now. I added a knob of ginger since the person it's for is sick with a cold. OP, if you like ginger, that's an option to flavor your stock with too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes