Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2014, 09:32 AM

7,672 posts, read 12,818,359 times

Advertisements

Made this simple recipe last night for burritos tonight. I sampled the meat before putting it away and WOW, delish.

A couple of tbsp of apple cider vinegar
1 chopped onion
3 chopped garlic cloves
2 bay leaves
1 sirloin pork roast, try to get the darkest pink roast
Salt/Pepper to taste
Shake of cumin and oregano
1 can of chipotle in adobe sauce, remove peppers reserving sauce.
Handful of cilantro (I KNOW I KNOW, but this is completely optional. Sub parsley if you wish)

Juice of one lime for overnight.

Place vinegar, onion, garlic and bay leaves in cooker. Add 1/4 cup of water or just enough to cover the bottom of cooker IF your cooker tend to dry out as mine does if you don't give it a bit of moisture. Salt and pepper, cumin and oregano roast on all sides, place in cooker. Pour sauce from can over pork roast and place a handful of cilantro (stems and all) on top of roast. Set it to cook on low for 6-8 hours or till fork tender. Remove and drain. Place into tupperware and a squeeze of lime juice over it. Chill overnight. Freezing overnight is best but chilling in fridge will do just as well. Something magical happens to this roast when you do this. I usually do this with a beef roast to make barbecoa but wanted to try it with pork. I didn't place any peppers from the can into this, but it's up to you if you wanted to.

Reheat for serving. I am making Emerald rice, cilantro crema and avocado/tomato slices to go with the pork into a burrito. Will serve refried black beans alongside and veggies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2015, 11:18 PM

10,048 posts, read 18,066,509 times
This recipe sounds delicious, but I have a question on sizes:

- How big was your roast, i.e. how many lbs.?
- What size can of chipotle in adobo sauce? My local grocery only has 7-oz. cans.

I want to try it soon!

Old 01-14-2015, 08:08 AM

7,672 posts, read 12,818,359 times
That's the can I used too. I just used the sauce to cover the pork roast. And this recipe would work with a large or small roast since it's braised in a slow cooker. My roast was probably 3 pounds ish as it's for the 4 of us.

Old 01-17-2015, 09:05 AM

37,608 posts, read 45,978,731 times
This sounds wonderful! I might have to try it!

Old 01-17-2015, 01:28 PM

7,357 posts, read 11,758,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momtothree View Post
Place into tupperware and a squeeze of lime juice over it. Chill overnight. Freezing overnight is best but chilling in fridge will do just as well. Something magical happens to this roast when you do this.

Well of course it does! Lime juice is the universal recipe improver!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes