Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2013, 06:37 PM

16,066 posts, read 21,119,732 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiroptera View Post
If you click the link to the actual recipe it doesn't look horrible. Quite good, actually!

The photo in the OP makes it look like raw oozing eggs spilling out of the meatloaf and not very appetizing. I think we have a marketing problem here.
My first thought was raw eggs too, but raw eggs from a baked meatloaf? Impossible!
It did make me curious enough to check out the recipe though and I'd give it a try. Lot's of tasty things don't always look as good as they taste, lol.
My ex makes a spoonable, soft meat loaf made with minced kidney beans, sounds nasty, taste great, so you just never know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2013, 07:00 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,763,721 times
My mom used to make meatloaf cordon bleu so I'm used to seeing cheese oozing out of a slab o'beef. I used to be used to eating it too, but I'm old now and Mister Digestive System says I gotta eat my veggies or else I'll get a whoopin

Old 04-15-2013, 07:20 PM

2,430 posts, read 5,577,065 times
Looks like it would be disgustingly good! My mouth's watering. Yummm!

Old 04-20-2013, 08:47 AM

6,966 posts, read 4,807,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiroptera View Post
If you click the link to the actual recipe it doesn't look horrible. Quite good, actually!

The photo in the OP makes it look like raw oozing eggs spilling out of the meatloaf and not very appetizing. I think we have a marketing problem here.
I agree. The actual recipe sounds really good! I don't think I'd put the pepperoni in there, just my preference. And I think you could do it without putting it on the grill, I would just do it in the oven.

Mmmm. Might be supper tonight!

Old 04-25-2013, 03:52 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,815,338 times
I make Chef John's Buttermilk Brown Sugar Meatloaf: Food Wishes Video Recipes: Buttermilk Brown Sugar Meatloaf - This Working Title is Not Working for Me

It's really, really good. Normally I make it in just one big log that I put on a cookie sheet (with foil around it to keep any of the fat from dripping off), but I think tonight I'll make it in my mini bread pan (that has room for four). That way, I can freeze three of them for other nights.

Old 08-03-2013, 05:33 PM

20,926 posts, read 28,393,733 times
I love making meatloaf and experimenting with different ingredients, I made one tonight that was different than my usual meatloaf.
2 1/2 lbs. of 80/20 ground beef
2 tbsp. of dry minced onion
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
1/4 cup of Peter Luger's steak sauce, sold here in NY at grocery stores.
1/4 cup ketchup
2/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
2 beaten eggs
2 Tbsp. of tastefully simple merlot sauce which I bought online on the tastefully simple website.
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1 packet salt free beef bullion.
Mix all together and free form into a loaf on a baking sheet or you can use a loaf pan. spread your favorite BBQ sauce on top before baking.
Bake on 350 for 1 hour and 15 minutes. I baked it for 1 hour but it was still undercooked in the middle so I baked it 15 more minutes.
Sounds sweet but it really wasn't.

Old 08-04-2013, 07:51 AM

7,672 posts, read 12,810,057 times
I use crumbled/grated biscuits for a binder instead of breadcrumbs/saltines etc. Makes a huge diff, so tender and tasty.

Old 08-04-2013, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtothree View Post
I use crumbled/grated biscuits for a binder instead of breadcrumbs/saltines etc. Makes a huge diff, so tender and tasty.
Hmmm, very interesting, I never have biscuits in the house that's why I use bread crumbs. My neighbor sometimes puts crushed cheez-its in hers.

Old 08-04-2013, 12:39 PM

7,672 posts, read 12,810,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
Hmmm, very interesting, I never have biscuits in the house that's why I use bread crumbs. My neighbor sometimes puts crushed cheez-its in hers.
I found it in a copy cat recipe of the Cracker Barrel meatloaf. I modified the rest to my taste but kept the biscuits. I make a batch, pulverized it in the processor and froze it in one cup baggies. I too don't have biscuits unless I make them. And often biscuits go with meatloaf too.

Old 08-04-2013, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtothree View Post
I found it in a copy cat recipe of the Cracker Barrel meatloaf. I modified the rest to my taste but kept the biscuits. I make a batch, pulverized it in the processor and froze it in one cup baggies. I too don't have biscuits unless I make them. And often biscuits go with meatloaf too.
Maybe I'll buy store bought ones and try them. I don't usually make scratch biscuits. Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes