Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2016, 10:21 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,492,577 times

Advertisements

Fresh tomato, mozzarella, and basil sauce from the Moosewood cookbook.

Recipe: Pasta Fresca with Basil, Tomatoes and... | Eiei-Oh!

Old 05-17-2016, 07:14 AM

19,429 posts, read 27,808,716 times
I think the OP was talking about dishes that use DRY pasta - like this.

Recipe: Chicken & Tomato No-Boil Pasta Bake

I started a thread on this awhile ago
//www.city-data.com/forum/food-...eir-baked.html

Here's the article :

http://www.ohio.com/lifestyle/food/h...first-1.659214

I've tried it a few times. I usually like my pasta lightly dressed in sauce, and this method doesn't accommodate that well. But the pasta itself definitely got more flavor.

Old 05-17-2016, 08:01 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,814,475 times
Well, I do a lot of one pot pasta cooking.

I always have pasta on hand, and I like to use various jarred pestos--basil pesto is a favorite--or bruschetta toppings (tomato or garlic) which DH likes on sandwiches. Classico and Wegmans make some good ones. Flora is another brand.

All I do is cook the pasta (usually thin spaghetti, linguine, or rigatoni), return to the pot after draining,.then stir in enough olive oil to just coat. Add black pepper to taste, then stir in a couple of spoons of whatever pesto you're using. Serve with parmesan or pecorino-romano, and enjoy.

What you're essentially doing is simply flavoring the olive oil you've already added, and that coating of olive oil makes the small amount of pesto you're adding disperse easily.

Pasta is so versatile. We love it!

Old 05-17-2016, 08:12 AM

3,971 posts, read 4,035,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngID View Post
I could drink this sauce by the cupful! Husband is not a big fan of cream/Parmesan sauces, so I don't make it very often.

SUN DRIED TOMATO CREAM SAUCE

3 Tbsp butter
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, minced (I get the jar packed in oil)
2 cups heavy cream
salt and ground black pepper to taste
1/4 cup dill, chopped (optional)

Freshly grated Parmesan cheese

Cook pasta. Drain, reserving some of the cooking water.

While the pasta is cooking:

Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat. Cook onion until soft and lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and sauté about 1 minute. (This is where I add more butter and whatever vegetable/protein I am using - saute until the protein is nearly done). Stir in sun-dried tomatoes and cream. Simmer until slightly thickened.

Stir pasta into the sauce, add salt and pepper. (I add a cup or so of grated Parmesan here.) Toss. If the sauce is too thick, you can thin it with some of the reserved pasta cooking water or a bit of milk. Top with Parmesan.

Makes 2-3 servings

So far I’ve tried different shapes of pastas with:

Salmon and gently sauteed mushrooms
Shrimp and broccoli
Chicken and asparagus

This sounds delicious. I'm making it this week for sure.

Old 06-12-2016, 11:49 AM

50,340 posts, read 63,906,560 times
Two recipes come to mind.... Both of them are stir up the cooked pasta in the same pot, and both are good. Both involve heavy cream and parmesan. You can Google your favorite version, but I use Pioneer Woman Carbonara and Rachel Ray's Lemon Spaghetti (I put mushrooms and shrimp in it sometimes).

Pasta Carbonara and Lemon Spaghetti.

Last edited by gentlearts; 06-12-2016 at 12:01 PM..

Old 06-13-2016, 11:02 AM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,554,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyLane2 View Post
This one is a calorie bomb, but it's very good.

Creamy Bacon and Asparagus Pasta

5 slices thick cut bacon, chopped
½ yellow onion, chopped
1 lb fresh asparagus, trimmed and chopped
2 T butter
1 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
Linguini, cooked according to package directions
1 Roma tomato, seeded and chopped

Place the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat. When the bacon is partially cooked, add the onion. Cook until the bacon is done and the onion has lightly caramelized. Remove the bacon/onion mixture from the skillet and set to the side.

Pour off most of the bacon fat. Add the chopped asparagus and lightly stir fry. Remove the asparagus from the skillet.

Reduce the heat to low and add the butter. Once the butter is melted, add the cream and stir continuously. When the cream begins to warm, add the shredded parmesan. Continue to stir and cook over low to med/low heat until the cream mixture thickens slightly.

Place the bacon/onion/asparagus mixture over the cooked linguine and pour the sauce evenly over the top. Garnish with the chopped Roma tomato.

Unless you are just putting it bare on the countertop I think you must be using a bowl or plate here. This may disqualify you unless you serve the whole thing in that same bowl.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes