Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2017, 09:48 AM

1,192 posts, read 2,486,310 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringrainN View Post
Hi, does anyone know of any peanut butter desserts? I am a big peanut butter fan.
Try the no bake peanut butter pie on Allrecipes. My f-i-l used to make that all the time, and I love it. I also love peanut butter blossoms. I make them in a mini muffin pan. It's just a peanut butter cookie with a Hershey's Kiss stuck into it when it's still warm. They're cute too .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2017, 12:21 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,851,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyLane2 View Post
Try the no bake peanut butter pie on Allrecipes. My f-i-l used to make that all the time, and I love it. I also love peanut butter blossoms. I make them in a mini muffin pan. It's just a peanut butter cookie with a Hershey's Kiss stuck into it when it's still warm. They're cute too .

Yum!

Old 06-27-2017, 08:31 PM

831 posts, read 1,584,421 times
My mom used to make these when I was little
Peanut Butter Logs Recipe | Taste of Home

Old 06-28-2017, 04:22 PM

5,654 posts, read 6,230,982 times
My husband LOVES these......

Peanut Butter Temptations
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
36 miniature chocolate covered peanut butter cups, [frozen and] unwrapped

1.Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2.In a medium bowl, cream together the brown sugar, white sugar and butter. Stir in the peanut butter, then the egg and vanilla. Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt, stir into the peanut butter mixture until the dough comes together. Shape into 1 inch balls and place them into the cups of unprepared mini muffin pans.
3.Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. As soon as the cookies come out of the oven, press a mini chocolate covered peanut butter cup down into the center of each cookie until only the top is showing. Allow the cookies to cool completely before removing from their pans.

Old 07-02-2017, 10:25 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,897,837 times
Peanut butter pie I made a couple years ago..... lost the recipe.

Old 07-04-2017, 06:02 PM

686 posts, read 723,902 times
We love peanut butter desserts. Here are 2 peanut butter dessert that I make a lot. The second one is not pure peanut butter...it has brownies...but its still awesome. I sometimes change it up the first recipe by adding some reeses peanut butter cups on top for garnish or syrup. Both recipes are rich.

Nutter Butter Frozen Peanut Butter Pie

• Crust
    • 24 Nutter Butter sandwich cookies
    • 5 tablespoons butter, melted
    Filling
    • 1 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
    • 1 cup creamy peanut butter
    • 3/4 cup sugar
    • 1 tablespoon vanilla
    • 1 (8 ounce) containers Cool Whip, thawed, divided
Directions
  1. To make crust*, crush the cookies in a zipper style plastic bag with a rolling pin, or in a food processor.
  2. Mix cookie crumbs with butter.
  3. Press into bottom and sides of a 9 inch pie plate.
  4. Mix cream cheese, peanut butter, sugar and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
  5. Gently stir in 1 1/2 cups whipped topping.
  6. Spoon into crust.
  7. Freeze 4 hours or overnight until firm.
  8. Let stand 1/2 hour or until pie can be cut.
  9. Garnish with remaining whipped topping and additional cookies if desired.
  10. Special extra: Just before serving, drizzle chocolate flavored syrup on plates.
  11. *Ifdesired, omit Nutter Butter cookie crust and use an oreo crust instead
************************************************** *******************************

Peanut Butter Brownie Trifle Recipe

1 fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)

• 1 package (10 ounces) peanut butter chips
  • 2 packages (13 ounces each) miniature peanut butter cups
  • 4 cups cold 2% milk
  • 2 packages (5.1 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
  • 1 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 3 cartons (8 ounces each) frozen whipped topping, thawed
Directions
  • 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare brownie batter according to package directions; stir in peanut butter chips. Bake in a greased 13x9-in. baking pan 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out with moist crumbs (do not overbake). Cool on a wire rack; cut into 3/4-in. pieces.
  • 2. Cut peanut butter cups in half; set aside 1/3 cup for garnish. In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes (mixture will be thick). Add peanut butter and vanilla; mix well. Fold in 1-1/2 cartons whipped topping.
  • 3. Place a third of the brownies in a 5-qt. glass bowl; top with a third of the remaining peanut butter cups. Spoon a third of the pudding mixture over the top. Repeat layers twice. Cover with remaining whipped topping; garnish with reserved peanut butter cups. Refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 20 servings (1 cup each).

Last edited by beckerd2; 07-04-2017 at 06:11 PM..

Old 07-04-2017, 06:05 PM

686 posts, read 723,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SATX56 View Post
I have been trying to find the peanut butter bars (or strips) the cafeterias made when I was in school. San Antonio schools maybe other Texas schools. I tried a recipe not long ago. Didn't really seem the same. I recall cake-like strips slightly chewy with a powdered sugar topping. Very simple but very good. Any ideas?

Check out this recipe....it might be what you're looking for...also look at the reviews...they give great tips.

Frosted Peanut Butter Bars Recipe - Food.com

Old 07-04-2017, 06:41 PM

20,951 posts, read 28,472,843 times
peanut butter cookies are easy to make.

Old 07-04-2017, 08:04 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,897,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckerd2 View Post
Check out this recipe....it might be what you're looking for...also look at the reviews...they give great tips.

Frosted Peanut Butter Bars Recipe - Food.com
Thanks! But, there were no oats in them and they were slightly more cake-like than chewy or 50/50 maybe. No icing, except a dusting of powdered sugar. School probably used a pretty simple recipe.

Old 07-04-2017, 10:35 PM

622 posts, read 396,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SATX56 View Post
I have been trying to find the peanut butter bars (or strips) the cafeterias made when I was in school. San Antonio schools maybe other Texas schools. I tried a recipe not long ago. Didn't really seem the same. I recall cake-like strips slightly chewy with a powdered sugar topping. Very simple but very good. Any ideas?
This recipe sounds similar to what you are looking for:
Peanut Butter Candy
Creamy Peanut Butter No-Bake Candy | ButteryBooks.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes