Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2018, 09:21 AM

5,097 posts, read 6,345,505 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have a good recipe for this? Thanks for any suggestions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2018, 10:10 AM

130,047 posts, read 12,072,794 times
I used to make a spinach salad, & stir fry the ramen noodles till they were crisp, & use them as a topping. You can add bean sprouts & water chestnuts too.
The dressing was a mix of soy sauce, rice vinegar, sugar or honey & some sesame oil. I would say almost equal amounts, except more soy & less sesame oil, I tend to mix this & taste it, sorry I cannot be more precise.
I also use this dressing over regular small noodles, it is nice & refreshing as a side dish. Next time I will also add some protein to the noodles & make it a meal.
I am not sure if this is what you are looking for, but I hope it helps.

Old 08-03-2018, 10:58 AM

6,138 posts, read 4,500,962 times
What kind of noodles and what kind of Asian? Narrow it down a little because I can think of a Thai, a Vietnamese, and a Chinese one off the top of my head.

Old 08-03-2018, 11:05 AM

15,142 posts, read 27,760,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brava4 View Post
Does anyone have a good recipe for this? Thanks for any suggestions.
I love this one (in fact, I am overdue in making it again)

Chinese Chicken and Noodles (serves 4-6)

1 lb. uncooked linguine
2 TB peanut oil
4 garlic cloves, minced
½ cup sesame seeds
½ vegetable oil
¼ cup sugar
1/3 cup white vinegar
3 TB soy sauce
1 TB crushed red pepper
2 cups cooked chicken chunks
4 scallions, chopped

Prepare linguine according to package directions. Drain noodles, rinse, and drain again.

Heat peanut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and sesame seeds and sauté for 3-5 minutes or until the seeds are golden brown. Reduce heat to medium-low, add the vegetable oil, sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, crushed red pepper, and chicken chunks and heat for about 2 minutes. Add to the linguine and toss until well combined. Sprinkle w/the chopped scallions and serve immediate or cover and chill until ready to serve. Serve cold or warm.

Old 08-03-2018, 12:18 PM

5,097 posts, read 6,345,505 times
I buy it in the store, pre-made and I wanted to make it myself. I believe it would be basic noodle, wheat pasta, scallions, carrots sticks etc. As far as where it would be from, country I have no idea.

Thanks for the suggestions and recipes. I will give it a try.

Old 08-03-2018, 12:42 PM

130,047 posts, read 12,072,794 times
This dressing recipe is like the one I mentioned in my previous post. I think if you make it, you can pour it over your own noodle & vegetables of choice.

Asian Vinaigrette Salad Dressing Recipe - Genius Kitchen

NYCr if you could post a Thai one, I'd love to try it.

Old 08-03-2018, 02:20 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,492,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brava4 View Post
I buy it in the store, pre-made and I wanted to make it myself. I believe it would be basic noodle, wheat pasta, scallions, carrots sticks etc. As far as where it would be from, country I have no idea.

Thanks for the suggestions and recipes. I will give it a try.
Still not clear enough, what does the dressing taste like?

I often make an "Asian" noodle salad with a peanut butter based dressing, like this: https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/...recipe-2124853

Since you don't mention a peanut flavor, I'm guessing that your salad has a light vinaigrette type dressing?

I would use some fresh ginger, lime juice or rice vinegar, a neutral oil as the base for the vinaigrette, and a few drops of toasted sesame oil for flavor. The dressing might also have soy sauce in it.

Old 08-03-2018, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evening sun View Post
This dressing recipe is like the one I mentioned in my previous post. I think if you make it, you can pour it over your own noodle & vegetables of choice.

Asian Vinaigrette Salad Dressing Recipe - Genius Kitchen

NYCr if you could post a Thai one, I'd love to try it.
Yum Woonsen (glass noodle salad)

40 gram package of bean thread noodles (also called glass, cellophane, green bean, mung bean)
1/4 lb. ground pork
1/4 lb. minced shrimp or six whole shrimp
3 Tbsp. hot water
5 chopped bird's eye chilis
4 Tbsp. fish sauce
5 Tbsp. lime juice
1 Tbsp. sugar (palm or coconut is traditional, but white will do)
1 thinly sliced shallot
2 Tbsp. cilantro leaves

In large bowl, mix chilis, fish sauce, lime juice, and sugar until sugar is dissolved. Taste for balance between salty, sweet, sour, and hot and adjust to taste.

Hydrate noodles according to package directions, drain and hold aside.

In small pan or pot, cook pork in 3 Tbsps hot water and break up as it browns, add shrimp and stir until cooked.

Add pork and shrimp to bowl, add noodles, shallot, and cilantro leaves and toss to mix. Garnish with carrot or cucumber slices and tomato wedges.

Old 08-04-2018, 04:33 AM

1,934 posts, read 1,080,849 times
We love glass noodles and make a great pork meatball soup with them. I've never tried to make a cold noodle salad with them. Thanks for the recipe.

Old 08-04-2018, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogboa View Post
We love glass noodles and make a great pork meatball soup with them. I've never tried to make a cold noodle salad with them. Thanks for the recipe.
It's sort of lukewarm, like room temperature, since you put the meat in, but if you want it cold, you can chill everything before you mix it.

Anyone who hasn't worked with the glass noodles should beware that they can turn to mush in a second, so be careful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes