Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2019, 10:01 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,914,057 times

Advertisements

Oh my gosh, this is good. And you can eat it with salad, with pita bread, or pita chips, or crackers, or with any sort of meat - it's very versatile. And it tastes so fresh! I often make my own yogurt, so I'm sure that would be good too, but this time I used store bought Greek yogurt. I used mint leaves from our garden which I had dried, but fresh mint would be good too. I didn't have fresh dill, so I used dried dill.

I'm going to eat this with some rotisserie chicken, some lettuce, and some home grown tomatoes!
https://www.baconismagic.ca/turkey/cacik-recipe/
Attached Thumbnails
Turkish Tzatziki/Cacik!  SUPER easy to make, delicious, and good for us!-tatziki-recipe.jpg   Turkish Tzatziki/Cacik!  SUPER easy to make, delicious, and good for us!-tatziki-ingredients.jpg   Turkish Tzatziki/Cacik!  SUPER easy to make, delicious, and good for us!-tatziki-completed-.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2019, 05:53 AM

19,437 posts, read 27,832,770 times
When I first saw the title, I thought it read "Turkey Tzatziki"!!!! Ugh.

I'm anxious to try tzatziki with mint as you (and others) suggested in prior posts. But I'm confused about how this recipe is different from 'regular ' tzatziki. Is it just that it used thicker yogurt and cubes of cucumber (instead of shredded) so that it stays thick?

Old 07-12-2019, 06:53 AM

4,692 posts, read 3,472,283 times
I like the addition of the sumac. I will be adding that next time I make any version of this!

Old 07-16-2019, 04:35 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,914,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
When I first saw the title, I thought it read "Turkey Tzatziki"!!!! Ugh.

I'm anxious to try tzatziki with mint as you (and others) suggested in prior posts. But I'm confused about how this recipe is different from 'regular ' tzatziki. Is it just that it used thicker yogurt and cubes of cucumber (instead of shredded) so that it stays thick?
I think so. Yes, this one is finely diced cucumber instead of shredded and it's definitely thick.

I just want to say that I had this for lunch with pieces of rotisserie chicken and some fresh sliced tomatoes and it was absolutely fabulous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes