Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2021, 11:59 PM

1,663 posts, read 1,469,064 times

Advertisements

Apple dumplings
Just take one round frozen pie crust out. Let the crust warm a little toward room temperature.
Peal & core 1 to 4 apples, stick a pat of butter in each core and shake some cinnamon on them.
Cut the crust into fourths and use two hands to mold each quarter crust around an apple. It's okay if there are some gaps.
Stick them in the air fryer at 350 for about 25 minutes.

We let them cool a few minutes before taking them out.
We put a piece of aluminum foil under them in the airfryer.

We have a small air fryer that only holds 2 which works for the 2 of us. We've been having these every night for weeks now.
We don't add sugar cus I need to control carbs, but I find that the apple is sweet enough. I pour a little milk on mine.

I do brats & hot dogs in the AF often. Occasionally a frozen fish sandwich piece.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2021, 07:17 AM

23,983 posts, read 10,333,050 times
Pecan breaded chicken turned out great yesterday. I will reheat the extra one for SO's lunch in e air fryer with low temp.

Old 03-04-2021, 03:53 PM

6,596 posts, read 5,841,691 times
I posted this earlier, but it bears repeating and updating!

My go-to quick family meal is a pack of 10 drumsticks or thighs, sprinkled with soy sauce or Chick Magnet (a seasoning I found at Whole Foods) plus maybe pepper, garlic powder (I find that crushed garlic tends to burn black and taste bitter, unless you add it in the last 5 mins.).

Just put it in the air fryer, usually 5 pieces fit in my Cosori at a time, push the "drumstick" button and 25 minutes later, perfectly cooked. Then while we are eating, I cook the other 5 pieces for either this meal or for tomorrow's lunch. So inexpensive, and easy to make, and it turns out succulent, juicy and not too dry or overcooked or undercooked either.

I used to always make chicken on the grill, but you have to watch it like a hawk lest it burn. I have to admit, the air fryer is better, though obviously more cleaning is required.

Old 03-06-2021, 10:21 AM

8,876 posts, read 11,664,610 times
Love my air fryers, but I wish the fan has more than one speed. The only high speed blows light stuff around a bit and tends to cook the outer edge faster. Uneven cooking can be remedied by flipping the food, but you can't flip a pizza.

The edge is crisper than the middle. Nonetheless, it's still a delicious mini pizza. At only around 7'' in diameter, there is not enough surface to put many toppings. I do one veggie pizza for one meal and an all meat pizza for another meal.

Old 04-20-2021, 02:50 AM

16,365 posts, read 30,083,242 times
I have been using my air fryer to make ... taco salad shells. I preheat the air fryer to 350F and spray the basket. Then I place the large flour tortilla into the basket forming it to the required shape. Then I spray the inside of the taco bowl with canola spray. Then I placed a small vegetable dish so that the tortilla stays flat on the bottom of the basket.

Old 04-30-2021, 06:51 AM

20,343 posts, read 4,262,632 times
I had I coupon for a free pack of Impossible Burgers, I said why not.

The "burger" paddies are a decent size for the MSRP $4 for two. Before cooking them in my air fryer a checked a few videos to get recommended temp/time. I found a video where the cook used frozen burgers similar sized. So after I watched it, and a couple others I decided on:

Preheat:
400 degrees for 5 minutes.
Cook:
400 degrees for 12 minutes flipping after 6.

The timing and temp. was spot on for my liking. The "burgers" themselves were good. There flavor was mild and light. The texture was similar to White Castle burgers.

I've bought a few more packs to cook.

Old 05-20-2021, 07:11 PM

I used to saute onions and mushrooms on the stove. About a week ago, I started using the air fryer to do that. I like the air fryer way better. Put them in and set the timer and temp. Stir half-way through, and that's it. The air fryer is in the garage, so less heat inside the house.

Old 05-22-2021, 06:56 AM

23,983 posts, read 10,333,050 times
Mini pecan pies. I freeze pans and raw shells, keep non -cook filling in the fridge for a week or so but use extra pecans. Frozen pan and shells, a spoon of filling and a few minutes later the house smells like desert. Six pie minkes (not muffins) last 2-3 days.

Old 05-23-2021, 06:37 AM

4,522 posts, read 3,716,678 times
I made air fried shrimp last night dredging them in flour (with salt /pepper), egg and then panko crumbs. A spray of avocado oil and then into a cold 400 degree oven. 12 minutes total, 10 on one side and two on the other. They were so crispy and tasty with a mayo/sweet chili/sriracha/ garlic dip. They were better than ones I’ve had at restaurants.

Our new induction range with convection oven has a wifi connection and I downloaded a free air fry upgrade shortly after we got it last week. Amazing.

Last edited by jean_ji; 05-23-2021 at 07:04 AM..

Old 07-21-2021, 01:49 PM

I cooked two things for the first time yesterday: beef patty and zoodles. The air fryer is great for cooking these. Two Tbsp of fat dripped down from the 80% lean patty. That's 240cal I don't need to put in my body. The zoodle tasted amazing. I gulped it down in about 1 minute. I was never able to eat a whole zucchini before. The vegetable spiralizer I bought recently is a perfect companion for the air fryer. I am going to do curly fries next.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes