Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2020, 02:15 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,161,541 times

Advertisements

DH visited Costco a few weeks ago and came home with a giant pack of chicken breasts. I don’t especially care for these, but I’ve got them in my freezer and I need ideas.

I can use them in stir fries, and I can roast them. I can use them in white chili. Anyone know a way to oven fry them?

Anyone have a good method to grill them without drying them out? Any other methods?

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2020, 02:45 PM

1,371 posts, read 668,455 times
Brine them before grilling.

Old 04-21-2020, 02:48 PM

4,344 posts, read 2,232,807 times
Chicken pot pie!

Old 04-21-2020, 02:57 PM

16,072 posts, read 21,148,356 times
My daughter likes to stick them in a crockpot with a variety of herbs and spices and then shred the meat to use in tacos, casseroles, bbq sandwiches, etc.

Old 04-21-2020, 03:01 PM

1,948 posts, read 1,517,459 times
Cut'em into strips, bread'em and fry'em. At the end, toss'em in a bowl of Hooter's sauce that's been microwaved.

I like to stuff'em with pepper cheese and put cream of chicken soup on top--with more cheese. Then bake at 350 degrees.

We often grill chicken after soaking in a lime-garlic marinade. Then finish them off with a good barbeque dry rub and a high quality barbeque sauce like Sticky Fingers.

Old 04-21-2020, 03:12 PM

15,143 posts, read 27,785,743 times
Just do a search here - there are TONS of chicken recipes!

Old 04-21-2020, 03:20 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Pound them thin and you can make a number of dishes; chicken parmesan, chicken piccata, chicken fried chicken, chicken cordon bleu. Cook and shred for tortilla soup, chicken tacos, quesadillas and burritos.

Old 04-21-2020, 03:25 PM

1,751 posts, read 1,350,549 times
"cold cuts"...I hate store bought chicken cold cuts for sandwiches, but I like homemade: when I need to use up chicken breasts, I'll coat each with different herbs/spices/olive oil (1 with garlic powder, onion powder; another with thyme, sage, etc) and roast them. Then let them sit for just a bit, before slicing as thin as you can. Let cool completely, then into sandwich baggies and then either the fridge and/or some in the freezer (in freezer bag...consistency changes when you freeze it, but I still like it, then thaw as needed). Psst...individually into cheap sandwich baggies and then each into a freezer bag means you can reuse the freezer bag) Or google diy chicken cold cuts.

I've also made chicken soup with a breast, but it seems a waste to me (I prefer to make soup from the bones left from a roast). https://www.budgetbytes.com/chicken-noodle-soup/

Chicken parm is great too....search here...my recipe is somewhere...and easy.

Old 04-21-2020, 03:31 PM

8,590 posts, read 12,347,410 times
Last month I was shopping for my parents and buying whatever meat and poultry I could find. I bought a bag of frozen chicken breasts at Walmart because I didn't know if I'd find them elsewhere. I planned to keep some and give them some. The aesthetic quality isn't great. Lots of oddly shaped pieces and more fat still attached than I'm used to.

Yesterday I tossed the rest of them into the crockpot with some chile powder, garlic and cumin. I later shredded them for chicken enchiladas. I found a quick enchilada sauce recipe online. I froze half of them for a quick meal later. We're also fans of chicken tacos.

I've also successfully oven fried chicken breasts. I use panko for the coating. I just make them as if I was going to fry them on the cooktop, and then lightly spray them with cooking spray.

Old 04-21-2020, 05:33 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,161,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Pound them thin and you can make a number of dishes; chicken parmesan, chicken piccata, chicken fried chicken, chicken cordon bleu. Cook and shred for tortilla soup, chicken tacos, quesadillas and burritos.
These are too thick to pound thin. I’ve tried. I can cut them crosswise to make cutlets fir chicken parm. I could do that, if I felt like going to that much trouble. And if I had Parmesan cheese.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes