Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2020, 12:35 PM

61,659 posts, read 87,023,434 times

Advertisements

For those who still remember all the delicious food they ate when they were kids and want to duplicate:

https://clickamericana.com/category/recipes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2020, 01:17 PM

24,488 posts, read 10,815,620 times
This is simply delightful! Have you found a way of searching this site? Thank you.

Old 10-18-2020, 11:16 PM

61,659 posts, read 87,023,434 times
What would you like to search? There is a search symbol on the top of the page. Or just start browsing and see what you discover.

Old 10-19-2020, 05:26 AM

1,934 posts, read 1,081,313 times
Except for my oma's cooking, the rest is something I don't want to remember!

The link is great!

Old 10-19-2020, 07:01 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,683,221 times
I think the one thing that sticks in my mind or the two things: the standard Tuna casserole and my dad's prime rib.

Old 10-19-2020, 07:35 AM

2,117 posts, read 1,457,268 times
Those are awesome. There are some meatloaf and chicken recipes I would like to try. I like to look up old time recipes. They seem like great recipes rather than the mixes used nowadays. A lot are made with cans of tomato soup. Thank you for posting this!

Old 10-19-2020, 07:39 AM

8,752 posts, read 5,044,272 times
I remember the jello cakes, my mom would make. Everything else, she had her own recipes , mostly the polish way.

Old 10-19-2020, 09:20 AM

5,118 posts, read 3,413,716 times
My mom's sweet pickles! The cukes came from our garden and she would make the pickles and can them. She would do this every year until her late seventies when my dad passed away and the garden went away. Nothing compares to the smell of those pickling spices. We had a special glass dish for the pickles that would appear every holiday meal. I'm happy to have it now.

The only other thing I can think of is the multi-layer pound-of-everything pound cake with every layer a different color, and frosted. My mother would only make it when going to visit relatives. The rest of my childhood food memories are nothing special. The vegetables were all grown in our garden and canned or frozen and then eaten simply. Our meat was whatever could be purchased cheaply, so not the best quality, and most of our meals included mashed potatoes and our home-canned green beans or home-frozen lima beans. After I left home, my mother seemed to think we liked her chicken and dumplings because she would make it whenever we returned. Not so.

Just realized this is a recipe thread. Sorry, no recipe.

Old 10-19-2020, 02:00 PM

14,785 posts, read 24,073,706 times
now my aunt and mom would make pink lady pie and i still make it to this day . do we need to add the recipe ? if so here it is 1and 1/2 c finely crushed vanilla wafers , 1/4 c butter, softened ,1/4 c sugar , 1/4 c orange juice , 12 oz marshmallows , 1 & 1/2 c heavy cream whipped , 1 pkg frozen strawberries .

Blend vanilla wafers , butter, sugar , together and press firmly into 9" pie plate . Bake at 375 for 5 minutes . cool and chill .heat orange juice , add marshmallows and stir until melted . cool mixture and chill in refrigerator until partially set , fold in cream then fruit . Pour filling into crust . top with extra whipped cream if desired .

Old 10-19-2020, 02:02 PM

14,785 posts, read 24,073,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorges View Post
My mom's sweet pickles! The cukes came from our garden and she would make the pickles and can them. She would do this every year until her late seventies when my dad passed away and the garden went away. Nothing compares to the smell of those pickling spices. We had a special glass dish for the pickles that would appear every holiday meal. I'm happy to have it now.

The only other thing I can think of is the multi-layer pound-of-everything pound cake with every layer a different color, and frosted. My mother would only make it when going to visit relatives. The rest of my childhood food memories are nothing special. The vegetables were all grown in our garden and canned or frozen and then eaten simply. Our meat was whatever could be purchased cheaply, so not the best quality, and most of our meals included mashed potatoes and our home-canned green beans or home-frozen lima beans. After I left home, my mother seemed to think we liked her chicken and dumplings because she would make it whenever we returned. Not so.

Just realized this is a recipe thread. Sorry, no recipe.

sounds like my grands refrigerator pickles
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes