Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2014, 05:39 AM

859 posts, read 2,144,767 times

Advertisements

Yikes, missed a lot here Glad it just keeps going !!

Made Taco Soup and Chilli both turned out great !

Made a New caramel Apple Butter that is the new Favorite now hahaha......... had a mishap with some HOT stuff but wasn't too bad ,,,,unless I touched it or tried washing Dishes lol

Kitchen still not all together but its looking soooooooooo good !!! Lots more Room and my Stove is bigger too.

Never did try the Apples everyone said they would be mushy and I don't care for mushy Apples...

Will try the Apple Onion Ale ........ what Ale are you using ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2014, 06:15 AM

41,878 posts, read 74,938,731 times
I used a bottle of porter, only because it was all I had. The recipe suggests a dark ale. Probably any beer with a little body eould work.

Old 10-27-2014, 08:29 AM

Cool, I am a Beer person lol....

Old 10-27-2014, 09:40 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,151,319 times
Congrats on almost getting your kitchen done Jasmin I love a big ole kitchen to work in. I wished when I had the farm I would have put in a 6 burner gas stove. It would have been like heaven during canning & holiday seasons.

Old 10-27-2014, 11:04 AM

77,772 posts, read 104,433,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Congrats on almost getting your kitchen done Jasmin I love a big ole kitchen to work in. I wished when I had the farm I would have put in a 6 burner gas stove. It would have been like heaven during canning & holiday seasons.
My kitchen is small but we did have it remodeled about a year ago and I do love it. Even though I would like a few feet more, it is laid out well with lots of cupboards and enough counter space. When I do some of the canning I go to daughters, hers is much larger. The one think I love about mine now, I went with the old fashion deep single sink.

Old 10-27-2014, 01:04 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,151,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
My kitchen is small but we did have it remodeled about a year ago and I do love it. Even though I would like a few feet more, it is laid out well with lots of cupboards and enough counter space. When I do some of the canning I go to daughters, hers is much larger. The one think I love about mine now, I went with the old fashion deep single sink.
It makes being in the kitchen doing tasks much more enjoyable when we like our kitchens for sure.

Old 10-28-2014, 05:22 AM

I have white Cabinets' now ( not the dark Modular kind) which brightens up my Kitchen and opens it up, lots more space added 2 more drawers ( not sure what I put in there yet ! but one will hold all the Caning Stuff !! I am so exited I have a Cabinet just for my Canning Supply's no more searching for it.

My house has been in remodel Mode for a LONG time ,I know someday I will sit down and say " whew I am glad its done after all the years lol"

Old 10-28-2014, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmin71 View Post
I have white Cabinets' now ( not the dark Modular kind) which brightens up my Kitchen and opens it up, lots more space added 2 more drawers ( not sure what I put in there yet ! but one will hold all the Caning Stuff !! I am so exited I have a Cabinet just for my Canning Supply's no more searching for it.

My house has been in remodel Mode for a LONG time ,I know someday I will sit down and say " whew I am glad its done after all the years lol"
every time we walk into our house we say: wow, was the money we spent worth it and to think, 56 years of marriage and we had never done anything like this before. We had done basic maintenance, updated appliances a few times, new carpets, etc, but never a complete make over. We didn't replace our cabinets, but had we, it would have been white for us as well.

Old 10-28-2014, 08:26 AM

A friend just gave us a jar of home made bar b cue sauce, it has a little bite and is more the consistency of a salsa, boy is it good. We used some on our game hens last night. Not only was it not very sweet which suits us, it helped clear up my sinus infection. Well probably not, but it seems that way. She included the recipe: can't wait to try it either later this year or in the next years canning season.

Old 10-28-2014, 09:51 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,136,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
every time we walk into our house we say: wow, was the money we spent worth it and to think, 56 years of marriage and we had never done anything like this before. We had done basic maintenance, updated appliances a few times, new carpets, etc, but never a complete make over. We didn't replace our cabinets, but had we, it would have been white for us as well.
56 years!!?? Wow! My hats off to you. That's an achievement! My in-laws were married 52. I hope my wife and I make 50 years someday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes