U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 05:56 PM

17,367 posts, read 23,122,002 times

Advertisements

Ok not too long ago I went to a Nascar race and someone had brought a nice layered dip made of refried beans, cheese, sour cream, etc..Of course, being intoxicated it was sooo tasty. Anyone else make something similar or any other good dips?? I really like the Liptons Onion Soup Mix with sour cream for my reduced fat ruffles!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2008, 06:41 PM

16,224 posts, read 23,587,238 times
I haven`t tried this yet, but it sounds good.

1 can deviled ham
1 jar pimento cheese
1/2 C miracle whip
1 T chopped onion
1 T parsley chopped

Oopps......nevermind. This one is for veggies.

Well...I`ll just leave that, and add this one.
Black Bean Dip:

2 T butter
2 T chopped onion
one 4- ou. can green chilies, chopped
1 tomato, diced
2 tsp chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
one 15 ou, can black beans w/ jalapenos
1 c shredded cheddar cheese
4 ou block velveeta mexican cheese product, diced
1 3 ou. pckg. cream cheese, diced

Melt butter in skillet. Add the onions and saute until tender, about 5 min.
Add the green chilies, tomato, cilantro, and cook for 5 min. longer.
Add the beans and cheeses, and simmer until hot and bubbling. Serve hot w/ white- corn tortilla chips.

Last edited by yankeegirl313; 07-21-2008 at 06:48 PM.. Reason: veggies, instead of chip dip

Old 07-22-2008, 06:37 PM

4,538 posts, read 8,467,316 times
Something very simple, but always a pleaser...

One 16oz package of Velveeta melted with one 16oz jar of Original Pace Picante Sauce. Serve in a small crock pot and enjoy with corn chips or veggies. Guests always clean the bowl.

Old 07-22-2008, 06:57 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,104,680 times
Buffalo Chicken Dip

8oz cream cheese
1/2 lb (approx) diced chicken breast (cooked)
1/2 Cup Buffalo Wing Sauce (I like Frank Red HOT)
1/4 Cup Blue Cheese Crumbles (I actually use the Chunky Blue Cheese Dressing instead- I like the added moisture and the taste isn't as strong)
1/4 Cup sliced green onions

Spread cream cheese onto micrwavable pie plate
Mix Chicken and Sauce- spread over cream cheese
Sprinkle the cheese- or if you use the dressing drizzle
Sprinkle the onions on top

Microwave on High for 2 minutes or until heated

Serve w/ tortilla chips/celery

Old 07-22-2008, 09:18 PM

4,264 posts, read 8,497,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet walker View Post
Something very simple, but always a pleaser...

One 16oz package of Velveeta melted with one 16oz jar of Original Pace Picante Sauce. Serve in a small crock pot and enjoy with corn chips or veggies. Guests always clean the bowl.
Or you can do the large pkg Velveeta with 2 cans Rotel tomatoes/green chilis. Just melt in pan on top of stove. Very, very addiciting.

Old 07-22-2008, 09:19 PM

4,264 posts, read 8,497,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Ok not too long ago I went to a Nascar race and someone had brought a nice layered dip made of refried beans, cheese, sour cream, etc..Of course, being intoxicated it was sooo tasty. Anyone else make something similar or any other good dips?? I really like the Liptons Onion Soup Mix with sour cream for my reduced fat ruffles!
Are you looking for that dip recipe or just any dip? The dip is called a 7 layer dip

Old 07-22-2008, 09:59 PM

5,683 posts, read 9,537,979 times
Pico de Gallo

6-8 ripe Roma tomatoes, diced
1 small or 1/2 large onion, diced
1 - 2 jalapenos, seeds & pith removed, finely chopped (see note)
1/2 bunch fresh cilantro, washed and coarse-chopped
Salt to taste; if you serve this with salty chips, no need to add more salt, but if you're serving it as a topping on fajita tacos, you may want to add up to 1/2 tsp. of salt

Mix all ingredients. Allow to rest for 30 minutes or so to blend flavors. Serve with chips.

Note on jalapenos: you can get a pretty good idea of how hot a jalapeno pepper will be by looking at the pith. If there are a lot of streaks and beads of dark brown oily-looking stuff on the white pith, it's likely to be a wild one. If there's only a little oil and it's light orange or golden, it's probably more on the mild side. Either way, the pith is where the heat resides, so if your family is not fond of spicy foods, remove the seeds and pith completely before using.

Old 07-22-2008, 10:44 PM

342 posts, read 1,723,075 times
My favorite party dips:

Beef & Cheese Dip:
1 package beef (thin-sliced sandwich meat), cut into strips
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup miracle whip
1 package cream cheese (room temp)
1/4 cup green onions, chopped
1 Tbsp dried parsley
Directions: Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Microwave on low until melty and gooey. Stir every 3-4 minutes. Great with chips, crackers, multigrain/wheat crackers, etc.

Fiesta Party Dip:
1.5-2 Tbsp Fiesta Party Dip Mix by Tastefully Simple (all natural: contains onion, salt, crushed red pepper, paprika, garlic, parsley, sugar, spices)
1/4 cup real mayonnaise
3/4 cup sour cream
Directions: Combine all ingredients. Chill 2 hours to let flavors marry. Makes about 1 cup dip. (Jar yields ~8 cups dip). Goes great with original Sun Chips.

This Fiesta Party Dip Mix is awesome stuff (Tastefully Simple | Fiesta Party Dip Mix). As a variation, you can add 2 Tbsp of it to 1 lb velveeta cheese for a spicy queso dip. You can also use it as a rub for chicken, or use it to give a kick to a lot of other foods. It's so versatile. People always ask how I made the delicious dip as well. I've used it as Xmas stocking stuffers and small gifts to friends & family and they've loved it.

Old 07-23-2008, 12:28 AM

12,643 posts, read 18,952,622 times
cream cheese whipped and Pace what ever one you like we do mild.
Corn chips like Frito's

Put the cream cheese in a bowl in the center and pour the Pace around it leaving the cream cheese high in the middle....

Yummmm

Old 07-23-2008, 06:42 AM

9,482 posts, read 11,312,487 times
Seven-Layer Dip
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes