U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2014, 12:37 PM
bg7

7,696 posts, read 9,478,734 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
I think that the Real Men Don't Eat Quiche book came about because quiche is a funny word.

Of course men will eat quiche. Men will eat omelets and all men like pie. Why would they not eat quiche?
I agree - eggs, bacon/ham, cream and a pastry crust. Of course guys eat it!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2014, 12:39 PM
bg7

7,696 posts, read 9,478,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momtothree View Post
Mine wouldn't touch one for the longest time. I made him try one and he does like the seafood. But he much prefers the omelets. He thinks it's too creamy and the pie crust is too rich. In his words, "It's too frou frou for me."

Now if I make it really meaty/veggies like the OP does, he is okay with it and leaves off the crust. If I make it with a hashbrown crust, he likes it better.

Plus he's Cuban like me and grew up on Tortillas so I can see why he doesn't like quiche. (a cuban egg dish, similar to frittata)

Thats funny - round here tortillas are considered more girly - basically "Wraps" - as with "healthy" sandwiches.

Old 02-07-2014, 12:46 PM

7,672 posts, read 11,523,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bg7 View Post
Thats funny - round here tortillas are considered more girly - basically "Wraps" - as with "healthy" sandwiches.
Uh it's a baked egg dish....no tortillas were harmed or used in the process.

Old 02-07-2014, 12:47 PM

43,011 posts, read 101,251,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momtothree View Post
Mine wouldn't touch one for the longest time. I made him try one and he does like the seafood. But he much prefers the omelets. He thinks it's too creamy and the pie crust is too rich. In his words, "It's too frou frou for me."

Now if I make it really meaty/veggies like the OP does, he is okay with it and leaves off the crust. If I make it with a hashbrown crust, he likes it better.
I don't like a super moist quiche. After having the awesome quiche in Oregon, someone in Pittsburgh took me to the place that has "the best quiche" the way "good quiche should be." I hated it. It was slimy compared to what I had in Oregon. That's why I concluded I need to make my own quiche.

Old 02-07-2014, 01:39 PM

7,672 posts, read 11,523,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
I don't like a super moist quiche. After having the awesome quiche in Oregon, someone in Pittsburgh took me to the place that has "the best quiche" the way "good quiche should be." I hated it. It was slimy compared to what I had in Oregon. That's why I concluded I need to make my own quiche.
His French teacher made it that way and that's how he had it for the first time. He said it was greasy, slimy and tasted off. (she used a french brie) Then he just refused it till I made him try a seafood one I baked. He was okay with it but still prefers other baked egg dishes.

Old 12-07-2014, 01:03 PM

5,193 posts, read 5,144,152 times
For dinner tonight and leftovers for lunch this week, I am going to make a "Monster" quiche taking a little of this and that from what is in the freezer/refrigerator: vegetables, cheeses and Thanksgiving leftover ham. Hopefully, it will turn out great. The key will be able to combine all of the ingredients to fit in a 9-inch pie pan. Here it is:

Spinach
Broccoli
Zucchini
Mushroom
Carrot
Bell pepper
Swiss cheese
Cheddar cheese
Provolone cheese
Honey-baked ham
Onion (yellow and green)
A pinch of nutmeg
A small amount of Vanilla extract (as suggested by another poster)
Dried oregano

Old 12-07-2014, 04:55 PM

19,502 posts, read 24,624,703 times
I just made a quiche today:
1 ready pie crust
4 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1 cup shredded Monterey/cheddar or Swiss
2 cups frozen chopped spinach drained and thawed

Mix all the above together and pour into pie crust, bake on 350 for 30-35 minutes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes