Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2008, 06:31 PM

318 posts, read 1,317,207 times

Advertisements

Turkey day coming so thought I would post this.

Boil the inners, from turkey, in small sauce pan. About 1 1/2 cups water or can broth liquid. (Can use just canned chicken broth instead.)
Remove parts and add One Stick of real butter.
Set aside.
The following amounts vary because not everyone likes their dressing real moist. It is determined in the mixing and how well the mix is sticking together. Should be moist and still a little bit crunchy when mixing, but it needs to stick together, when you put it in your hand to test it. So liquids vary due to this factor. I offer additional liquid choices at the end in case you need them.

In large bowl pour two large packages, or three small ones (the bag kind) of stuffing with sage season packets.

Add two eggs.
Add one can cream of mushroom soup.
Add one onion chopped.
Add two pounds of cooked, drained, crumbled saugage. I use an apple saugage made locally. Could use jimmy dean sauguage that comes in a oblong package roll.
Add three peeled and chopped apples.

Add the boiled liquid from the turkey inners, that you made earlier, SLOWLY. Test as you mix to see if the dressing is moist and still a little crunchy. Stop adding liquid when desired moistness is obtained.

If dressing is not moist enough for the hand test...you have a choice of adding ONE or more of the following...more cream of mushroom soup, another egg, another cube of butter, or canned chicken broth.

Rinse the inside of the bird with water then drain. Stuff bird tightly both neck cavitiy and legs opening.

Anybody else have stuffing ideas?

Izzy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2008, 03:26 AM

16,224 posts, read 25,666,259 times
I have received several great ideas on my new thread., recipe for dressing. :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes