Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2008, 10:54 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,865,469 times

Advertisements

As some of you already know, Hubby is doing Weight Watchers and I am on a mission to find as many WW friendly recipes as possible.... but they are difficult to find online!!!! I am amazed. Calculating the points is the biggest pain for recipes that are already calcuated... so I was wondering if any of you already have WW recipes out there and could help me out ??? Pretty Please ?????? LOL I really appreciate it!!!!! Thanks in advance.... Here are some that I have found that look really good....
Weight Watcher's Deep-Dish Pizza Casserole

Six Points

Ingredients
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 425°.
  2. Cook meat in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until browned, stirring until it crumbles. Drain, if necessary, and return to skillet. Add tomatoes, and cook until heated through.
  3. While meat cooks, coat a 13 x 9 inch baking dish with cooking spray. Unroll pizza crust dough, and press into bottom and halfway up sides of the baking dish. Top the pizza crust with meat mixture.
  4. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 12 minutes. Top with cheese, and bake 5 minutes or until crust is browned and cheese melts. Cool 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings. Each serving is 6 Weight Watcher's points.
  5. Serve with a salad mixed field greens and a fat-free or low-fat vinaigrette.
Weight Watchers Monte Cristo Sandwiches

Six points

Ingredients
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 egg white
  • 1/2 cup nonfat milk (skim)
  • 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
  • 8 slices sturdy whole wheat bread
  • 4 ounces gruyere cheese, thin sliced
  • 4 ounces low fat skinless turkey breast or fat free cooked turkey breast or chicken, sliced
Directions
  1. Beat the egg, egg white, and milk in a pie plate or wide, shallow bowl.
  2. Spread the mustard on 4 slices of bread. Layer with cheese and ham, top with remaining slices of bread, press together tightly.
  3. Spray a large nonstick pan with spray; heat.
  4. One at a time, dip the sandwich in the egg mixture to coat; then place them on hot skillet.
  5. Cook, pressing down with spatula, till lightly brown on both sides, 4 minutes aprox, each side.
  6. Serve at once.
Lean/Low Fat Chicken Fried Steak (Weight Watchers - 4)

Four Points

1. Ingredients
    • 4 lean cube steaks
    • 1/2 cup fat-free buttermilk
    • 1 cup flour (reserve 1 Tablespoon)
    • 1 teaspoon salt
    • 1 teaspoon McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning
    • 2 tablespoons oil
    • 2 cups skim milk
    Directions
    1. Dip steaks in buttermilk. Combine flour, salt, and steak seasoning (remember to keep 1 tablespoon set aside). Dip steaks in flour mixture.
    2. Set steaks on wax paper, let set for 20 minutes.
    3. Heat 1 tablespoons oil in skillet, add steaks, cook until both sides are golden brown. Remove from pan and keep warm.
    4. Combine milk and reserved TBSP of flour in bowl until well mixed. Stirring constantly, add milk mixture to skillet. Once added, bring mixture to a boil.
    5. Lower heat and simmer until gravy thickens.
    6. Serve over steaks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2008, 12:07 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,332,100 times
We've been off-and-on WW members for decades, and I've got lots of recipes that I can dig out to share, but in the short term, did you know that the WW website has a points calculator for recipes? You can go there and input your recipe, and their database will calculate the points per serving for you. It's also a good way to do a compare-and-contrast using different types of ingredients, i.e. ground beef vs. ground turkey, etc. I believe that you have to get an online membership to use it, but at least the last time I was a member, that was a nominal fee for people who were also attending an on-ground meeting.

Old 10-05-2008, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwesternBookWorm View Post
We've been off-and-on WW members for decades, and I've got lots of recipes that I can dig out to share, but in the short term, did you know that the WW website has a points calculator for recipes? You can go there and input your recipe, and their database will calculate the points per serving for you. It's also a good way to do a compare-and-contrast using different types of ingredients, i.e. ground beef vs. ground turkey, etc. I believe that you have to get an online membership to use it, but at least the last time I was a member, that was a nominal fee for people who were also attending an on-ground meeting.
OH I did not know this!!!! Good info... thanks so much! this is what happens when hubby goes to meetings and listens to what HE wants to hear LOL Now it isn't such a pain in the rump to convert.... I have been sitting down converting with that gosh darn slider this whole time! Oh my....LOL

Old 10-05-2008, 04:07 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,383,992 times
I swear by the Weight Watchers 5 ingredient 15 minute recipe magazine cookbooks. I watch eagerly for the next one to come out - they're easy, they're quick, and everything is already figured for you - what's not to like? Many of the recipes are so good that I've used them for my cheffing clients in past, as well as my family. Have the entire collection up to date now.

Old 10-06-2008, 12:43 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,180,053 times
Here is a thread //www.city-data.com/forum/food-...nt-values.html that has a lot of WW info in it. I shared a site in it about dotty's she has a lot of recipes with points. But the main thing I used were the restaurant food items with points. Good luck it was the only thing I ever lost weight on.

Old 10-06-2008, 06:34 AM

It's funny... HE is the one on the diet but since I am the one cooking I am the one doing all the MATH!!!! LOL

Old 10-06-2008, 06:43 AM

5,893 posts, read 12,807,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
It's funny... HE is the one on the diet but since I am the one cooking I am the one doing all the MATH!!!! LOL
I feel your pain. LOL

Old 10-06-2008, 12:34 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,180,053 times
skbs I forgot to tell you also that you can sign up for a weekly email from WW. They send recipes with points and tips on how others have done things. I believe you can go to the WW home page and find it there.

A couple of my close friends joined WW before I did months later but in the meantime I was so turned off with their "it was 3pts. it was 2pts." it drove me NUTS. After I joined I fully realized that was the factor that made it work and how important it was. But I still tried not to turn my conversations into point values. Once you get the points down it becomes easier even if you are just doing the cooking for hubby.

Old 10-06-2008, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
skbs I forgot to tell you also that you can sign up for a weekly email from WW. They send recipes with points and tips on how others have done things. I believe you can go to the WW home page and find it there.

A couple of my close friends joined WW before I did months later but in the meantime I was so turned off with their "it was 3pts. it was 2pts." it drove me NUTS. After I joined I fully realized that was the factor that made it work and how important it was. But I still tried not to turn my conversations into point values. Once you get the points down it becomes easier even if you are just doing the cooking for hubby.
LOL I can see how you could get sick of hearing it.... My daughter (Five Yrs Old) is already asking hubby "How many points is THAT Daddy?" "Do you have enough points to eat THAT Daddy?" LOL It is a really good motivational tool for him...

Old 10-06-2008, 09:19 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,332,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
LOL I can see how you could get sick of hearing it.... My daughter (Five Yrs Old) is already asking hubby "How many points is THAT Daddy?" "Do you have enough points to eat THAT Daddy?" LOL It is a really good motivational tool for him...
Hey, that's a better way of teaching her to count than the technique my spouse used for our son. The spouse thought that teaching our then-5-year-old how to play blackjack would be a great way to help him learn to count to 21. Oh, silly man.... the kid (now 23) skunked his father the second game they played and every one after that! I think counting WW points is a MUCH better teaching tool!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes