Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2008, 11:41 AM

2,905 posts, read 7,348,960 times

Advertisements

Well, Trader Joe's used to sell this and it was great to have on hand for a quick supper, could just throw some sauted chicken in it, serve with rice and call it a dinner.

So, just went to Trader Joe's and mojito no more.

it was, if i remember correctly, mostly OJ, lime, cilantro, can't remember what else.

Is this really a mexican thing and if so does anyone have a recipe for it? It was really good and would be worth making from scratch.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2008, 09:47 PM

285 posts, read 616,243 times
Try the link below. It's one of our new favs (made it twice this month). And I just love Guy's attitude about seasonings on his show. Hefree measures most things and if you don't like something, leave it out or sub something else. I'm not a big fan of paprika. I used chipotle chili pwd instead and it came out great.

Mojito Chicken Recipe : Guy Fieri : Food Network

Old 11-16-2008, 12:02 AM

4,627 posts, read 10,471,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytotwo View Post
Is this really a mexican thing and if so does anyone have a recipe for it? It was really good and would be worth making from scratch. Thanks.
Their mojito sauce was the best! This site lists TJ's ingredients for Cuban Mojito Sauce, as well as some very easy recipes for the sauce. I loved that stuff!~

Trader Joe's has stopped making cuban mojito sauce. :-( where can i get some? - Yahoo! Answers

Old 11-19-2008, 07:10 PM

2,905 posts, read 7,348,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeBee View Post
Their mojito sauce was the best! This site lists TJ's ingredients for Cuban Mojito Sauce, as well as some very easy recipes for the sauce. I loved that stuff!~

Trader Joe's has stopped making cuban mojito sauce. :-( where can i get some? - Yahoo! Answers
Thanks. Have you tried any of the recipes yet?

I can't believe they are not making it anymore.
Every time I turn around I can't find something in there anymore and get bummed out. Or, I find out something is "seasonal" after they don't have it anymore (Like the freeze dried strawberries and the pumpkin butter---I now have a stockpile of both of those---only wish I knew to do the same wth the mojito sauce!!!)

Old 07-25-2009, 11:56 AM

37,608 posts, read 45,988,534 times
Cooking with Trader Joe's: Don't Panic! Rescue for Mojito Sauce and Chimichurri Sauce Junkies

I just ran across that ^^, and remembered this post. Just in case anyone is still looking for it...

Old 07-09-2018, 08:01 PM

1 posts, read 1,400 times
I, along with many others, liked Trader Joe's Cuban Mojito Sauce.
Most often I cooked fish in it.
I found that half and half, lemon juice and margarita mix worked well for me.
And after cooking the fish, I pour the rest over rice.

Old 07-10-2018, 03:28 AM

1,934 posts, read 1,082,427 times
I believe mojo is more of a Caribbean Latino country product than a Mexican one. The ones I'm most familiar with are from Cuba. My favorite is made with sour oranges (Seville oranges) which are available locally. The sub for them is equal parts orange and lime juice. It is also made with just lime juice. The commercial version of the lime based I prefer is Kirby.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes