U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2008, 07:39 AM

3,872 posts, read 8,307,674 times

Advertisements

Didn't want to hijack the other thread. I made these for xmas last year and folks loved them. I don't remember where I got these (it's been YEARS), but I can't take credit for them. They're cheap and easy to make for gifts.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffles

1 package (6oz.) semi-sweet chocolate morsels
1/2 cup peanut butter (creamy or crunchy)
1/2 cup evaporated milk

Optional coatings:
cocoa powder
chopped nuts
confectioner's sugar
flaked coconut

Makes About 3 Dozen Truffles

1. Place chocolate morsels in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH for 45 seconds. (The bits won't look as if they are melting, but they are.) Stir the bits around with a spoon, leaving a space in the middle. Microwave on HIGH another 30 seconds and stir again until smooth and creamy. If lumps persist, microwave another 15-20 seconds on HIGH, then stir again.

2. Add peanut butter to melted morsels and stir to blend. Add evaporated milk and blend well. Chill mixture one hour in the refrigerator.

3. Using a tablespoon, scoop mixture and form into balls. Roll in desired coatings. Refrigerate until serving.

Cookie Dough Truffles

chocolate chip cookie dough in candy form and wrapped in a chocolate shell.

1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup thawed egg substitute
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate morsels
3/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
1 (12-ounce) package semisweet chocolate morsels
1 1/2 tablespoons shortening

Beat butter at medium speed of an electric mixer until creamy;
gradually add sugars, beating well. Add egg substitute and vanilla;
beat well. Add flour to butter mixture; beat well. Stir in miniature
chocolate morsels and chopped pecans. Cover and chill 30 minutes.
Shape mixture into 1" balls. Cover and freeze balls until very firm.

Place (12-ounce) package morsels and shortening in a 1-quart glass
bowl; melt in microwave according to package directions. Using two forks, quickly dip frozen truffles into melted chocolate, coating completely. Place on wax paper to harden. Store truffles in refrigerator 2 to 3 days.

Yield: 4 1/2 dozen
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2008, 08:15 AM

1,123 posts, read 5,096,577 times
WOW - those cookie dough truffles sound delish!!!
WE LOVE cookie dough - gotta try these!
Thanks

Old 11-25-2008, 09:20 AM

3,872 posts, read 8,307,674 times
my kids love them. I wish I could find a way to keep cake batter in the fridge. cake batter ice cream doesn't cut it. I LOVE the stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes