Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 09:30 PM

2,541 posts, read 11,332,493 times

Advertisements

what is a good batter recipe to coat thin pork chops with

also does anyone know the KFC chicken batter recipe?

and what is the recipe for the breading or batter used for the famous polish stable: Kotlet Schabowy or pork loin cutlet
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2009, 06:23 AM

1,032 posts, read 3,917,461 times
Coat with seasoned flower, tap off all excess, you're going for a light coat. Dredge in egg and then panko crumbs.

No clue on the other 2; though I hear paprika is a big part of the KFC mixture.

Old 01-19-2009, 10:53 AM

3,724 posts, read 9,320,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Chutzpah View Post
I dip in beaten egg, then cracker crumbs. Works for me.

Old 01-19-2009, 10:27 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,180,053 times
Here is a copycat recipe I was given years ago. Sorry I don't know the origin to give the credit but it does taste similar to KFC & I don't use the MSG.

KFC Extra Tasty Crispy Chicken

1 whole frying chicken, cut up
6 to 8 cups vegetable shortening
Marinade
4 cups water
1 tablespoon salt
1/2 teaspoon MSG Coating
1 egg, beaten
1 cup milk
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 1/2 teaspoons salt
3/4 teaspoon pepper
3/4 teaspoon MSG

1. Trim any excess skin and fat from the chicken pieces. Preheat the shortening in a deep fryer to 350 degrees.
2. Combine the water, salt, and 1/2 teaspoon MSG for the marinade in a large bowl. Add the chicken to the bowl and let it sit for 20 minutes. Turn the chicken a couple times as it marinates.
3. Combine the beaten egg and milk in a medium bowl. In another medium bowl, combine the remaining coating ingredients (flour, salt, pepper, and 3/4 teaspoon MSG).
4. When the chicken has marinated, transfer each piece to paper towels so that excess liquid can drain off. Working with one piece at a time, first coat the chicken with the dry flour mixture, then the egg and milk mixture, and then back into the flour. Be sure that each piece is coated very generously. Stack the chicken on a plate or cookie sheet until each piece has been coated.
5. Drop the chicken, one piece at a time, into the hot shortening. Fry half of the chicken at a time (4 pieces) for 12 to 15 minutes, or until it is golden brown. You should be sure to stir the chicken around halfway through the cooking time so that each piece cooks evenly.
6. Remove the chicken to a rack or towels to drain for about 5 minutes before eating.

Old 01-20-2009, 06:38 PM

1,938 posts, read 6,260,315 times
I use a Ranch dressing to dip the chops in instead of eggs..Then I coat them in Panko mixed with an italian blend seasoning with salt and pepper..

This works really well with Chicken too

Old 01-20-2009, 06:52 PM

5,073 posts, read 4,734,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsbadmojo View Post
Coat with flour, tap off all excess, you're going for a light coat. Dredge in egg and then seasoned bread crumbs.
This is how I do it, and it turns out beautifully each and every time!

One tip: season with salt & pepper before coating with flour, and any other seasonings you prefer. Cook in a saute pan in a good amount of very hot olive oil (as RR would say, "screaming hot!"), nicely browning each side until nice and crispy.

Remember, thin cuts of pork don't have to go for too long. Enjoy!

Old 01-20-2009, 07:14 PM

should i saute, broil or bake, and for how long

Old 01-21-2009, 01:07 AM

3,368 posts, read 11,667,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Chutzpah View Post

also does anyone know the KFC chicken batter recipe?

and what is the recipe for the breading or batter used for the famous polish stable: Kotlet Schabowy or pork loin cutlet
To answer your first question: Get boneless pork cutlets. If they are thick, butterfly them and if they are fairly thin just pound them out to make them even more thin. Coat them with flour, then with egg, and then with seasoned breadcrumbs (I buy them already seasoned but add even more garlic powder and pepper). Fry in olive oil until both sides are golden brown; remove to a platter and squeeze lemon juice over them. Serve with greens tossed in olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Delicious!

Old 01-21-2009, 07:49 PM

^^^

is that a cuban specialty?

Old 01-21-2009, 07:51 PM

3,368 posts, read 11,667,463 times
It's from Mediterranean Europe (eaten in Spain/Italy/France) and you can find it throughout Latin America. It's not Cuban per se, but you will certainly find it at many Cuban restaurants. Try it; it's good!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes