Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2009, 11:59 AM

2,178 posts, read 9,555,491 times

Advertisements

Ok, sorry but I had scheduled my colonscopy for when I got off it it didn't go as well as expected and I needed some recovery time and am still a little foggy. Had to get the pic's off my laptop on to this one and dig out the cookbook...

This is a recipe I got off the internet, the guys tore it UP! Meaning, the pan was empty at the end of that meal. Also remember I am giving you the recipe as it was written but due to the giants I feed, and how many, I increase it so what you see in the pic's may not match what the recipe actually make.. I think 1 1/2 it....

(I am going to post the pictures, then the recipe to make copying and pasting easier.)
The ingredients.....

Put together almost ready to bake

And baked....

Chicken Enchiladas

1 to 2 pounds cooked chicken, shredded or 3 cans cooked chicken
16 ounces sour cream, divided
3 cans cream of chicken soup, divided
2- 4 ounce cans green chilies, chopped
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
6 flour tortillas

Preheat oven to 350*. In a large bowl, mix chicken with half of these listed; the chicken, cream of chicken soup, chopped chilies and sour cream.

Spread mixture down the center of each tortilla and sprinkle with cheese..

Roll up each and place in baking dish/pan coated with non sticking cooking spray.

Combine remaining sauce ingredients in a large bowl and pour over enchiladas, top with cheese.

Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until heated throughout and bubbly.

Now, in all hosesty, I was not that impressed with this but the guys LOVED it and ate every bit of it. I just ate a small sample so maybe I didn't eat enough of it to get the full flavor of it. It don't really matter rather I like something or not since I am there to cook for them and they loved it...
Darn it... I just remembered something that I make all the time that the guys loved and I made 3 times last trip It's one that I have made for a long time and just do it from habit... I wish I'd thought to take pictures of it one of those times..It is a simple and easy dish to make, can be used as a side dish or main dish. Maybe while I am off I will make it and take pictures but here is what I do....

Fried Cabbage and Ground Beef

(the amounts you need depend on how many eat it and the ground beef can be changed to ham, smoked sausage, Italian sausage or your choice of meat, I have even made it with ground turkey.)

I use a non stick skillet and spray with Pam.

Cook your meat in the skillet with a onion (< the size depends on how much you like onions), shred cabbage thin and throw in the skillet with the meat and onions and stir fry until cooked to the doness you like with the cabbage. I salt and pepper it about half way trough cooking. If you can brown it some, it is even better!

It is just that simple and always a BIG hit with every crew I make it for.

Maybe as my head clears up, I will come up with more while I am off, if so I will just ad right here in this post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2009, 12:14 PM

2,482 posts, read 6,508,787 times
Hope you feel better Laura! And keep the food coming!!!

Old 07-23-2009, 12:15 PM

4,604 posts, read 5,756,372 times
Glad to see you back Laura. Sorry things didn't go well with your scope. Thanks for the great recipes

Old 07-23-2009, 12:31 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,785,778 times
Laura-so sorry about the scope but wow are you special to think of us and they both look delicious.

The cabbage one-I do a deconstructed stuffed cabbage and I did it out of laziness one night.

I sliced up the cabbage, layered in casserole, layer of raw ground beeg, sayer of uncooked rice, layer of raw beef, layer of cabbage. Mixed lg can tomato sauce w/brown sugar, worstershire, lemon juice and poured over, covered and baked! Yum stuffed cabbage w/o the rolling etc.

Old 07-23-2009, 01:37 PM

LaceyEx- That sounds simple and easy as well as delish!! I will have to give that one a try too!

Old 07-23-2009, 01:48 PM

20,797 posts, read 9,710,694 times
WooHoo Laura's back. Sorry you had trouble but sure glad you have arrived.

Old 07-23-2009, 02:18 PM

12,014 posts, read 11,247,007 times
Yay! Laura's back! Thanks for those recipes - looks wonderful, as all of your recipes do! I am so sorry about your colonoscopy! Is everything ok now?

Old 07-23-2009, 03:12 PM

Yes, I am ok now, my daughter thinks they over sedated me, my BP dropped way low and so did my oxygen levels... I had to stay there a lot longer than they had planned on because if it and had to get a IV push (I am told, I don't remember any of it). She said it was like I was so OUT of it that I would forget to breathe and it scared the daylights out of her. She has hovered over me like a mother hen making sure I am alright... soooo sweet of her! She stayed with me most of the rest of the day after we got home and I wondered why.. I was so out that although I was walking and talking when we left the place, I don't remember even the ride home... so I think I was over sedated.. I forgot to warn them how sensitive I have become to drugs in the last 3 years. I could have probably done well with only 1/2 of what they gave me. I have to call them Monday to get the results of my labs and I plan to ask a bunch of questions about what happened. My brain is still a little fuzzy..

Old 07-23-2009, 04:08 PM

12,014 posts, read 11,247,007 times
Wow! That could have been a disaster! So glad you are ok now - and yes, I would be asking many questions! Glad you are back!

Old 07-24-2009, 04:13 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,785,778 times
OMG that is frightening and no wonder she hovered over you-thank heavens she was there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes