Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2007, 08:12 AM

2 posts, read 12,674 times

Advertisements

AT Thanksgiving my local Publix offered the most uniquely delicious item which they called Thanksgiving salad. It was dressing, turkey, herbs cranberries and I think celery onions and maybe more......
I planned to use it for several occasions as Christmas is nearing, only to discover that it is not available for the Christmas holiday.. and they have no intentions of offering it again.
I would like to get the recipe for this delicious dressing salad. It was absolutely the best, and it was raved about by all who tasted it.
Doed anyone know where it can be purchased or does anyone have that Publix recipe?
Thanks....
E in Englewood
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2007, 09:26 AM

192 posts, read 1,164,916 times
Sorry I can't be of help on that one Eileen......it sounds like Publix combined most of the leftovers from their Thanksgiving dinners to make a salad. Have you called them to see if they'd be kind enough to pass along the recipe?

By the way, I love Englewood! When I was married with a family we went down there 17 consecutive summers to fish on Lemon Bay and relax on Manasota Key. How is it these days? Is it still building up the way it was five to seven years ago? Is Howard's Restaurant still operating?

We get so few people on here from Ewood that it's a delight to hear from someone who lives there.

Good luck with the recipe!

Tony

Old 12-20-2007, 04:01 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,643,615 times
3 1/2 cups chopped cooked turkey
4 celery ribs -- sliced
4 green onions -- chopped
1/2 cup chopped pecans -- toasted
1/2 cup red bell pepper -- chopped
1/2 cup light mayonnaise
1 tablespoon dill weed
salt and pepper -- to taste
lettuce

In a large bowl, combine turkey, celery, onions, pecans and bell pepper.

Combine mayonnaise, lemon juice, dill weed, salt and pepper in small bowl and stir into turkey mixture. Refrigerate until serving.

Arrange turkey salad on lettuce leaves.

Old 12-22-2007, 06:32 AM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,433,883 times
Most and all of our recipes come from and through our Headquarters in Lakeland/ FL.
They are implemented in all our Publix Stores, to keep "consistency".
They are developed by our "on hand" chefs and culinary team.
I am not sure, if they would hand out the recipe (unless it's an "Apron's Simple Meal" item)...but, I am sure, they can help you locate the store/s which sell the item.
E-mail them, and they will be glad to help.
http://publix.com/contact/SendUsAMessage.do

Old 12-22-2007, 07:13 PM

2 posts, read 12,674 times
Default E-mail to Publix

Thanks.... I will do that!

Old 04-06-2009, 07:29 PM

1 posts, read 5,210 times
Maybe you can share that recipe

Sounds great

Last edited by Beretta; 05-09-2009 at 11:16 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes