Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 05:38 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,380,896 times

Advertisements

I just found this recipe on nother forum. It looks so easy. I am going to try it this week. This is what he wrote:

"It really is about as simple as a box of brownies. It takes 2 minutes in the morning, and 2 mins in the evening, then baking time. I've let this sit for 10hrs, or 5hrs...didn't seem to matter.

Recipe makes one focaccia loaf about 14" round, or 2 pizzas of same size.

Take 1 cup water, 1tsp yeast, 1 tsp sugar, 1tsp coarse salt, 2Tbl olive oil and mix thouroughly.
Mix this with 2 cups of flour in a bowl creating a big gooey mess. Cover with plastic wrap, and let sit on the counter for the rest of the day

When it's dinner/munchy time, grab the bowl and 1/4cup of flour. Sprinkle the flour around the edge of the gooey mess and using a spoon or spatula, pull the mess away from the edge of the bowl letting the flour drop down the sides...do this all the way around the bowl. You're making a ball of gooey mess covered with flour

Grab a pizza pan, drizzle some olive oil on it and spread it around. Dump the gooey mess out onto the pan and push it around with your fingers. Make sure you leave "dimples" in the surface. Drizzle with some more oil, and sprinkle about 2Tblsp of coarse salt on top, and bake in a 400deg oven for about 20mins.

For variations, push some roasted garlic or your favorite herb into the gooey mess when you spread it out on the pan to bake."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2009, 10:28 PM

6,259 posts, read 14,670,675 times
I was just talking to the hubby about how I need to start making my own pizza dough, this looks simple, I will let you know, thanks!

Old 04-07-2009, 06:58 AM

359 posts, read 1,143,827 times
Sweet! I will try this today to go with my beercheesepotato soup..yummee!

Old 04-07-2009, 07:35 AM

1,364 posts, read 4,278,971 times
This sounds like my type of recipe. Thanks for posting.

Old 04-07-2009, 07:51 AM

Thanks everyone. Please let us know how they turn out. I can't try it yet so I'm counting on you for feedback, lol.

Old 04-07-2009, 05:20 PM

6,259 posts, read 14,670,675 times
I followed your directions minus the garlic pressed in (defer to the hubby) I did sprinkle a little garlic powder over the dough after. It sat on top of the fridge while I was at work today. I pressed it on the cookie sheet. Then I just topped it with a little marinara sauce, yes canned! Hey I live in Montana. Impulsive cooking means getting by with what is in the pantry. Followed up with black olives and a good load of mozzarella cheese. 400 for about 15 mins. It baked up so nice and brown on the bottom. I did spray some nonstick on the pan. I may invest in some round pans for the real effect. Thanks for the recipe, I will make it again.

Old 04-07-2009, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seven of nine View Post
I followed your directions minus the garlic pressed in (defer to the hubby) I did sprinkle a little garlic powder over the dough after. It sat on top of the fridge while I was at work today. I pressed it on the cookie sheet. Then I just topped it with a little marinara sauce, yes canned! Hey I live in Montana. Impulsive cooking means getting by with what is in the pantry. Followed up with black olives and a good load of mozzarella cheese. 400 for about 15 mins. It baked up so nice and brown on the bottom. I did spray some nonstick on the pan. I may invest in some round pans for the real effect. Thanks for the recipe, I will make it again.
Thanks for the feedback. I'm glad it worked out well.

Old 04-07-2009, 06:30 PM

5,019 posts, read 14,110,691 times
Hmmmm, sounds pretty much like any basic pizza dough recipe I've ever used.

I find chilling the dough in the fridge overnight helps with the gluten development and rising. Even better for those of us who are pressed for time or just plain lazy.

When I make dough I double the batch and freeze some for later. Dough is amazingly resilient.

I'm spoiled now...I just discovered that the local mom-n-pop pizza place sells their handmade dough balls for $1 each. I think that is cheaper than my made at home version.

Now on to the fun part: topppppings. Right?

Old 04-08-2009, 05:35 AM

1,364 posts, read 4,278,971 times
plaidmom, glad you mentioned that you can buy pizza dough from the pizza place. I used to do that when I lived in NY, but down here in TN, they can't figure out why I want to purchase dough because people buy the pizzas already made. No one will sell me dough down here.

Old 04-08-2009, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46Barb View Post
plaidmom, glad you mentioned that you can buy pizza dough from the pizza place. I used to do that when I lived in NY, but down here in TN, they can't figure out why I want to purchase dough because people buy the pizzas already made. No one will sell me dough down here.

Ha, ha. I don't even want the dough from my local pizza places let alone their pizza, lol. It's kind of like cardboard here. That's one thing I really miss about NY.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes