Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2009, 10:35 PM

31 posts, read 77,169 times

Advertisements

There is a recipe I had a long time ago for gingerbread roll with cinnamon buttercrem frosting. I lost the recipe and cant find it anywhere on the internet not even on the southern living web site. I know it is in the southern living 30 years best recipes cookbook, so I guess if it comes down to it I will go and find the book. I was hoping that maybe someone here may be able to help though. Anyone have that book or the recipe?? I would be really grateful....Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2009, 10:40 PM

43,854 posts, read 50,934,216 times
Would this work without doing the Lighthouse thing? The basic dough should be the same.

Gingerbread Recipe - CoastalLiving.com

Old 06-27-2009, 10:55 PM

31 posts, read 77,169 times
thanks but I should have explained myself better. It is like a pumpkin roll but gingerbread flavor....it isnt actualy a gingerbread house type desert. It is like cake. But thanks anyway.

Old 06-28-2009, 05:40 PM

30 posts, read 92,475 times
I found this Southern Living Pumpkin Roll

Pumpkin Roll

Old 06-29-2009, 10:17 AM

1,176 posts, read 1,740,641 times
If all else fails, here is a site which searches for lost recipes....perhaps they can find yours for you. I've used them before.

Uncle Phaedrus, Finder of Lost Recipes

P.S. If you find the recipe I would really like to have the recipe...:>)

Old 06-29-2009, 10:39 AM

1,176 posts, read 1,740,641 times
Oops I forgot to include my recipe for gingerbread roll with cinnamon icing...although I didn't get it from Southern Living. Is this similar to the one you are looking for??
The whipped cinnamon icing is great but it's not buttercreme...it's made with whipping cream.

Cake
3 large eggs, separated
1 tablespoon butter, melted
1/2 cup molasses
1/4 cup sugar
1 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
2 tablespoons powdered sugar

Spiced Cream Frosting
1 1/2 cups whipping cream
1/3 cup sifted powdered sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions

Line a greased 15 x 10 inch jellyroll pan with waxed paper; grease and flour wax paper. Set pan aside.
Beat egg yolks at high speed with an electric mixer until thick and pale. Gradually add butter and molasses, beating until blended. Beat egg whites at high speed until foamy. Gradually add sugar, 1 tbls. at a time, beating until stiff peaks form and sugar dissolves (2-4 minutes). Fold egg whites into yolk mixture. Combine flour and next 6 ingredients; gradually fold flour mixture into egg mixture. Spread batterevenly into prepared pan. Bake at 350F for 8-10 minutes or just until cake springs back when touched lightly.

Sift powdered sugar in a 15 x 10 inch rectangle on a cloth towel. When cake is done, immediately loosen from sides of pan, and turn out onto sugared towel. Peel off wax paper. Starting at narrow end, roll up cake and towel together; cool completly on a wire rack, seam side down. Unroll cake; spread with half of Spiced Cream Frosting' carefully re-roll. Place on a serving plate, seam side down. Spread remaining Spiced Cream Frosting on all sides. Pull a fork or an icing comb down length of frosting. Cover loosely, and chill until ready to serve.

whip all of the icing ingredients until soft peaks form.

Last edited by doll lady; 06-29-2009 at 10:53 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes