U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2008, 02:11 PM

79 posts, read 302,443 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
You are putting it in whole not cut up right?

I put very little water in the crockpot, just enough to cover the bottom about 1/4" and when I take it out I use a big spoon so I can get it out almost whole. Not sure what kind of crockpot you have but in mine I have to stand/lean it with the breast side down.

Hope this helps

You can also take aluminum foil and mash the foil into small balls and place into the bottom of your slow cooker DO NOT ADD WATER! Just the foil balls and then place your chicken breast side down onto the foil balls season your chicken however you would like just no liquid seasonings and then low in the crockpot 8-10 hours. You whole chicken will end up just like a rottisserree chicken you would buy at the grocery store in the deli. I have put lemon pepper seasoning, adobo seasoning, Lawry's seasoning salt & garlic powder with black pepper before. It all turns out great!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2008, 07:28 PM

873 posts, read 1,507,648 times
Just roll some pork chops in flour, brown them with some onions in butter, then throw it all in the crock pot with a bottle of beer and some seasonings. It's yummy.

Old 09-28-2008, 01:09 PM

Here is a good crockpot recipe. It is pretty easy to.

Slow Cooker Pork Chops with Apple Cherry Stuffing

1 package (6 ounces) herb stuffing mix
2 medium celery stalks, chopped (1 cup)
1 medium tart cooking apple, peeled & chopped (1 cup)
1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
1 cup dried cherries
1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
1 cup chicken broth
6 boneless pork chops about 1/2 thick

1. Spray inside of crockpot/slowcooker with cooking spray
2. Mix all ingredients except pork. Place half of the stuffing mixture in slowcooker, top with pork, spoon remaining stuffing mixture over pork.
3. Cover and cook on low heat setting 6 to 8 hours or until pork is tender.

Old 09-28-2008, 01:12 PM

755 posts, read 1,625,573 times
Does anyone have a pulled pork crock pot recipe?

Old 09-29-2008, 07:00 AM

142 posts, read 535,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnalyzeThis View Post
My crockpot bbq ribs/porkchop recipe that I posted can be used for pulled pork sandwiches! (there's a note at the end of the recipe stating that I've made pulled pork sandwiches from that recipe. ). I'm sure it'll work for pulled pork whether you put it on sandwiches or not. HOpe this helps.

Old 09-29-2008, 10:47 AM

Quote:

If you don't have your favorite BBQ sauce to use in the crockpot what I do is use ketchup and coke mixed together and pour into the crockpot over the meat then let it cook in the crockpot. If you like more sauce then get a saucepan and mix ketchup and coke together heat it up on medium and dip or put more sauce on your sandwich or meat. It is kinda tangy but we really like it and I always got ketchup and coke on hand.

Old 09-30-2008, 08:48 PM

6,258 posts, read 13,704,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
You are putting it in whole not cut up right?

I put very little water in the crockpot, just enough to cover the bottom about 1/4" and when I take it out I use a big spoon so I can get it out almost whole. Not sure what kind of crockpot you have but in mine I have to stand/lean it with the breast side down.

Hope this helps
Yes I have an oldie but goodie pot, but I do cover the entire bird as much as possible with liquid, thanks for the tip, I will try it with alot less h2o

Old 09-30-2008, 08:51 PM

6,258 posts, read 13,704,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLGAL76 View Post
You can also take aluminum foil and mash the foil into small balls and place into the bottom of your slow cooker DO NOT ADD WATER! Just the foil balls and then place your chicken breast side down onto the foil balls season your chicken however you would like just no liquid seasonings and then low in the crockpot 8-10 hours. You whole chicken will end up just like a rottisserree chicken you would buy at the grocery store in the deli. I have put lemon pepper seasoning, adobo seasoning, Lawry's seasoning salt & garlic powder with black pepper before. It all turns out great!
and thank you for your tip, I can not wait to try this one also. I often work 12 hour shifts and my cp is my "wife" waiting for me and my husband with dinner ready

Old 10-01-2008, 08:56 AM

2,970 posts, read 6,543,228 times
For pulled pork in the crock pot, we usually sear the butt first, after seasoning it liberally with salt and pepper, then just stick it in the crock pot on low and let it cook all day, even the night before. Cook until you can pull it apart with forks. Take it out, shred it, put it back in and mix with your favorite bbq sauce

Old 10-03-2008, 04:00 PM

3,928 posts, read 10,877,119 times
Quote:
The best one I've ever found (my DH is from Memphis) is by Publix. Here's a link --> Memphis-Style Pulled Pork With Old-Fashioned Cole Slaw. Let me know if the link doesn't work for you...I typed it out on another thread and I can link to it. Several C-D'ers have tried it and liked it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes