Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2024, 02:11 PM

5,317 posts, read 3,204,475 times

Advertisements

Somewhat random and basic request, I suppose. In the past I would always grill or smoke my meats, but we're in a condo with no grill. I got a hankerin for some chicken and stuffing and just didn't feel like stuffing a whole bird.

I'd like to bake, or air-fry, some bone in, skin on chicken breasts. I don't have any recent experience cooking chicken breasts in the oven other than when I was younger, and I know that breast can get dry - quick!

So I'm looking for your tried and true recipes for some flavorful and juicy chicken breasts. Serving with stuffing, gravy, and broccolini, so I'm just trying to go for a well seasoned chicken.

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2024, 03:56 PM

19,743 posts, read 22,635,943 times
My wife bakes a good honey/orange bone in breast in the oven. Pretty simple glaze sauce. I like it with hot sauce blended in too.

Edit n/m- you are doing gravy. That wouldn't go well. I did a chicken and wine & mushrooms, baked (made it twice I think). It was really good, but we don't eat a ton of chicken so I don't think I'm qualified to say that is a 'home run' recipe. It was as good as the orange chicken though.

We eat a lot of wild fowl so our recipes are a little more geared that way.

Old 02-27-2024, 07:02 AM

19,429 posts, read 27,808,716 times
If you like you're chicken breasts incredibly juicy and tender, there's NOTHING better than this. https://www.seriouseats.com/the-food...chicken-breast

Seasoning, gravy, sauce, sides - whatever you like.

Old 02-27-2024, 08:44 AM

50,335 posts, read 63,906,560 times
For a couple of bone-in chicken breasts, I make a package of Stovetop. Place two big plops of stuffing in a greased casserole and place the chicken on top. Coat the skin with butter or olive oil, salt and pepper. Bake at 375 for about 45-60 minutes, depending on how large the breasts are.

They won’t be dry unless you over cook them.

Incidentally, I use the same method for stuffed pork chops….either two thin chops with stuffing in between, or two thicker ones on top of the stuffing.

Last edited by gentlearts; 02-27-2024 at 09:32 AM..

Old 02-27-2024, 09:27 AM

23,587 posts, read 70,358,767 times
Aluminum foil is your friend. Just try to keep salt and acids away from the foil when cooking. If you can't, use parchment paper.

Old 02-27-2024, 03:25 PM

4,384 posts, read 4,381,108 times
a little more labor intensive but it seems to work out well --

rub the breast(s) all over with olive oil then sprinkle either Emeril's original essence or chicken seasoning (or go really basic and just use salt and pepper).
roll the breast(s) in crushed ritz crackers and place on a baking rack over a baking pan.
Bake at 425 for 20 minutes then wrap loosely in aluminum foil and let sit 10 minutes.

Old 02-27-2024, 05:06 PM

5,317 posts, read 3,204,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
If you like you're chicken breasts incredibly juicy and tender, there's NOTHING better than this. https://www.seriouseats.com/the-food...chicken-breast

Ironically I just got a sous vide machine as a door prize for a festival I went to last weekend! Going to try this out!

Last edited by BoSox 15; 02-27-2024 at 05:24 PM..

Old 02-27-2024, 10:06 PM

19,429 posts, read 27,808,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSox 15 View Post
Ironically I just got a sous vide machine as a door prize for a festival I went to last weekend! Going to try this out!
Good prize! You'll need a cast iron pan as well (more for cosmetic appearance of the finished meat than for taste).

Pork tenderloin is another thing upon which sous vide performs miracles. Most people LOVE it for steaks. I haven't perfected that yet.

Old 02-28-2024, 08:18 AM

1,250 posts, read 1,377,814 times
I will be the contrarian here -- I just made bone in chicken breast last night and tried a new method which was HIGHLY successful. I rinsed and throughly DRIED the chicken breast. I use an old tea towel and then throw it into the hot water washing machine. I sliced some lemons and set the chicken breasts on top -- HEAVILY seasoned with a garlic citrus seasoning I love from Trader Joe's and baked in a 425 degree oven for 30 minutes. They were quite large breasts and that is a hot oven but the skin came out crunchy crisp and the meat was very moist and tender. I do not like a flabby chicken skin and when I cook at a lower temp (350) and coat the skin I feel like the meat steams and gets tough.

This will be my method going forward.

Old 02-28-2024, 10:10 AM

37,590 posts, read 45,950,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post

Good grief. Way too much work. And a special cooker? Yet another appliance? No thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes