Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 01:26 PM

3,849 posts, read 9,423,400 times

Advertisements

I'm making wings for the first time tonight!

Screw looking up recipes, what are your favorites? Baked or deep fried?

Help me out here...dinner is in 6 hours!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2009, 01:37 PM

3,169 posts, read 5,163,942 times
I cut up fresh chicken wings. I melt butter and stir in a good amount of hot sauce (sorry, I eyeball it depending on the amount of wings I am cooking) and a couple dashes of cayenne. I marinate in this mixture but I don't think you have this kind of time.

Next I fry, bake, boil, or even broil the wings. It depends on my mood for that day, lol. Next, I use a fresh batch the same hot sauce mixture I mentioned above minus the cayenne pepper and toss the wings in it. I then put them on a cooking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes at 350.

Old 11-09-2009, 01:58 PM

3,928 posts, read 11,600,605 times
At home if we don't grill them, I'll bake them at 375 degrees for 30 minutes; flip them over and bake another 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and slather with hot sauce. Turn the temp to 400 degrees (or you can broil) and return to the oven for another 5-8 minutes to crisp the outside.

Old 11-09-2009, 03:42 PM

2,178 posts, read 9,577,641 times
At work I deep fry. Made some last trip, here they are...

The crew tore them up! I had the sauce on the side made with Franks Hot sauce and butter.

My daughter breads but bakes hers and cook blackeyed peas to go with them.

GOOD LUCK with this, it isn't hard to cook them.

Old 11-09-2009, 04:34 PM

3,849 posts, read 9,423,400 times
Are all the kinds of wings you get in restaurants deep fried? I'd like to bake mine, but I love restaurant wings...

Thank you all for your suggestions! Laura707, those wings look DELICIOUS!!!

Old 11-09-2009, 04:48 PM

1,053 posts, read 3,368,188 times
Here is the ultimate wing sauce, rumour has it that this is the Anchor Bar's Original sauce from way back. Either way, I've been using this recipe for at least 15 years, the card its on is stained from hot sauce lol.

I'm not going to get into the "how to" part on frying wings, just be Sure to use peanut oil and let them drain or it'll be a soppy mess.

The Sauce:

3-6 oz's of Franks Hot Sauce (might be called Durkee's in some parts still, I don't know).

1/2 stick of Margarine (not butter!)

1 tablespoon of white vinegar

1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper powder

1/4 teaspoon of red pepper powder

1/8 teaspoon of garlic salt

1/8 teaspoon of black pepper

1/4 teaspoon worchestshire sauce

1 to 2 teaspoons of tabasco sauce

Mix all the ingredients in a small sauce pan over low heat (Low!) until the margarine is completely melted, then stir until everything is blended into the sauce. Get the sauce off of the heat at this point or you may begin sacrificing some of the flavour.

Fry the wings in peanut oil, drain, then (those cheap lemonade pitchers with the top that turns open or closed work great) place in pitcher with sauce, however much you like, shut top, shake until coated.

I like really chunky bleu cheese dressing and celery sticks.

Give this one a try, you will not be disappointed. You can make the sauce in advance and use it within a few days too.

Old 11-09-2009, 04:54 PM

6,489 posts, read 8,813,341 times
GAH!!!!! Now I want chicken wings soooooo bad.

Old 11-09-2009, 05:18 PM

3,928 posts, read 11,600,605 times
Me, too maggie and I just ate dinner! Thanks T&C for the recipe. It sounds delicious and I can't wait to try it. I tried repping you, but it wouldn't let me...need to spread it around some more. BTW, is this wing sauce nuclear or fire engine hot? I'm guessing it's not too bad since there are no hot peppers.

Old 11-09-2009, 06:43 PM

1,053 posts, read 3,368,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TampaKaren View Post
Me, too maggie and I just ate dinner! Thanks T&C for the recipe. It sounds delicious and I can't wait to try it. I tried repping you, but it wouldn't let me...need to spread it around some more. BTW, is this wing sauce nuclear or fire engine hot? I'm guessing it's not too bad since there are no hot peppers.
Karen... it is more in the medium level, not crazy hot, but has great taste. I don't like hot wings, but medium wings are my cup of meat. Franks is a mild but great tasting sauce, goes great on eggs, potato's, really anything. Just make sure that the wings are crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside... that is the key. No one likes soggy wings. I tong them out so they aren't sitting in sauce. I hope you and everyone gives this one a go and enjoy's it!!

Old 11-09-2009, 08:10 PM

21,353 posts, read 8,450,251 times
I broil mine in the oven. 10-20 minutes per side depending on the size of the wing pieces. I just buy the frozen bag of wings, so there's less work. NO breading.

After broiling, I toss in a bowl and douse with Frank's Hot Sauce. NO butter or other additives. Just Frank's.

I like to serve them with homemade bleu cheese dressing, celery and carrot sticks.

Delicious!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes