Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2009, 06:43 PM

1,153 posts, read 3,601,728 times

Advertisements

Looking for good and easy fudge recipes......thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2009, 05:57 AM

507 posts, read 2,295,989 times
Default try this 2-ingredient fudge variations

The recipe for the easy fudge is 1- 12 oz bag chips, melt 90 seconds in microwave, take out & stir, add 1 can white frosting, (not whipped) stir, microwave another 90 seconds, take out, stir well, pour into a greased pan (8x8 is size I used) chill till set, about 1/2 hour. Perfect every time.

In our testing we used both Betty Crocker® and Pillsbury® brands of frosting. We preferred Betty Crocker frosting since it made a firmer fudge.

Easiest Peanut Butter Fudge
Put one bag of Reese's peanut butter chips (I believe it was 12 ounces) in a glass bowl, and spread them so that they are not all in the middle of the bowl and they will melt easier.
Cook in microwave for 1 minute and a half.

Get out and stir, then stir in one can of vanilla cake frosting, stir real good and put in microwave and cook for 1 minute and a half, get out and
stir, then put in 9 x 9 grease plate or pan, let cool, cut and eat.

Just a note about the frosting fudge. I have made several different flavors in the last few years. I add 1/2 to 1 teasp. vanilla and a pinch of salt to the melted mixture. It gives it a fresher, more homemade taste.

white chocolate chip and cream cheese frosting. Chop up red cherries and green ones for Christmas. You will need to drain the cherries very well and put them on a couple of paper towels to get the last drop of liquid out of them. This fudge will be called Christmas Fudge.

Experiment a bit and have fun, use chocolate chips with chocolate frosting, butterscotch chips with vanilla frosting...peanut butter chips with chocolate frosting, chocolate chips with cream cheese frosting...peanut butter chips with white frosting..etc .It's not as complicated as everyone is making it! Use your imagination a bit!

Try layering two different flavors for two different colors: make a batch with chocolate chips/vanilla frosting and let it harden; make another batch of any other combination and spread on top of the first one.

I bought some of the coconut-pecan frosting today, and some butterscotch chips and some toffee/chocolate chips. I will use one or the other of the chips to make this fudge.

I have tried the white frosting with white chips and added coconut and slivered almonds. OH MY GOSH!! .

AnneE from PA asked about suggestions making Coconut-pecan icing candy. I just made a batch adding dark chocolate chips and pecans. It was great. I made 5 different kinds to take to a party and people couldn't believe how simple it was to make or how good it turned out. Now I'm going to make some and freeze it for Christmas gifts.

I made the easy fudge last night with my mother. She is 74 ( I am 56) and she just had to see if it would be good. I used milk chocolate chips and vanilla frosting and added 1 teaspoon vanilla. After it set in the fridge about 15 minutes, my mom and I tried it. I was surprised myself at how good it is. My husband loves it, so it will be a keeper.

Yesterday I made a batch of that two ingredient fudge. I used milk chocolate frosting and semisweet chocolate chips since our family loves chocolate. I was a bit skeptical about how it would turn out, but my goodness, it was fantastic! It was so creamy, dreamy, and chocolaty that you would never have known it wasn't made from scratch! I finally found a fudge recipe I couldn't flunk, LOL. Our whole family loved it. Thanks so much! I will definitely be making more.

Fudge
Milk choc frosting & mint chips
Coconut pecan frosting & special dark chips-taste like mounds
Chocolate fudge frosting & semi sweet chips & nuts
Vanilla frosting & peanut butter chips

Lemon Fudge:
1 can lemon frosting
1 pkg white or vanilla chips
crushed lemon drops

Melt the chips in the microwave for 90 seconds, stirring after 60 seconds. Add the lemon frosting and microwave again for 90 seconds stirring after 60 seconds. Place in an 8 or 9 inch greased pan and cool. When set, form into small balls and roll in crushed lemon drops

QUICK FROSTING FUDGE
1 (12oz) pkg (2 cups) semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 can Chocolate Fudge Creamy Supreme Frosting
1-1/2 cup miniature marshmellows
3/4 cup chopped mixed nuts

Line an 8" square pan with pil, extending foil over edges, and lightly butter the foil. Melt chips in large saucepan over very low heat, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat and stir in frosting. Add
marshmallows and nuts, mix until well coated. Spread in buttered pan, and chill until firm (about 1 hour). Remove from pan by pulling up foil, cut into squares.

Pina Colada Fudge
1(12-ounce) package (2 cups) white vanilla chips
1 (3.25-ounce) jar macadamia nuts, chopped, toasted
1 (16-ounce) can Creamy Supreme Vanilla Frosting
1/2 cup chopped dried pineapple
1/2 cup coconut, toasted
1 teaspoon rum extract
1 teaspoon coconut extract

Line 8- or 9-inch square pan with foil, extending foil over edges. Place chips in medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 1 to 2 minutes or until melted, stirring every 15 seconds until smooth.
Reserve ¼ cup nuts for garnish. Add remaining nuts and all remaining ingredients to melted chip mixture; mix well. Spread in foil-lined pan. Sprinkle with reserved nuts. Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm. Remove fudge from pan by lifting foil. Remove foil; cut into squares.
Makes 36 squares.

NOTE: To toast macadamia nuts and coconut, spread on separate small cookie sheets; bake at 350 degrees for 5 to 8 minutes, or until light golden brown, stirring occasionally.

Candy Bar Fudge
1 can Chocolate Frosting
2 Snickers bars(3.7 oz.) ,chopped
1 (12 oz) pkg. semisweet chips

Line an 8 inch square pan with foil, extending over sides. Spray with non stick spray, and set aside.
Melt chips in a microwave and stir in frosting. Pour half of this mixture in pan. Place all candy except a few pieces to garnish over this. Pour remaining chocolate over and garnish with remaining
candy. Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.

Toffee Butterscotch Fudge
1 12 oz. pkg. butterscotch chips
1 can Pillsbury Creamy Supreme Caramel Pecan Frosting
1/2 cup chopped peanuts
1/2 cup almond brickle bits

Line an 8 inch square pan with foil, extending over sides. Melt butterscotch pan in a saucepan over very low heat, stirring until smooth. Add peanuts. Remove from heat; stir in frosting. Add brickle chips and
stir well. Pour in pan and refrigerate 1 hour.

Favorite Cookies and Cream Fudge
1 (12 oz.) pkg. vanilla chips
1 can cookies and cream frosting
10 oreos, cut in quarters
3 oreos, crushed

Line an 8 inch square pan with foil. Melt chips over low heat. Remove from heat. Add frosting. Stir in quartered oreos, and mix until well coated. Quickly spread into pan. Sprinkle with crushed cookies.
Refrigerate 1 hour until firm.

Funfetti Fudge
1 (12 oz.) pkg. vanilla chips
1 can Funfetti Frosting
1-1/2 cups miniature marshmallows

Line an 8 inch square pan with foil, spray with nonstick spray. Melt chips over low heat. Add frosting and marshmallows. Stir until blended. Pour in pan. Sprinkle with funfetti sprinkles. Refrigerate 1 hour. Cut
into squares.

Hope this is a help to all requesting the Easy Fudge Recipes.

Old 11-21-2009, 06:16 AM

here's even more.....possibilities are endless!
*Line an 8 or 9″ square pan with aluminum foil. Butter foil generously - otherwise it is difficult to get the fudge off the foil. It is next to impossible to get fudge out of an unlined pan

Goober Frosting Fudge:
Using vanilla, cream cheese, or sour cream frosting, add 1/2 cup or more chocolate-covered peanuts.

Grasshopper Frosting Fudge:
To plain, dark Dutch, milk chocolate or chocolate chip frosting, add 1/2 teaspoon peppermint flavoring or 1 teaspoon cr me de menthe.

Kahlua Frosting Fudge:
To plain, dark Dutch, milk chocolate or chocolate chip frosting add 1 to 2 teaspoons extra-strong coffee or add 1 ounce Kahlua, or to taste.

Lemon Frosting Fudge:
Using vanilla, cream cheese or sour cream frosting, add 1 teaspoon lemon extract and 3 to 4 drops yellow food coloring. Add 1/2 to 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest, if desired.

Orange Frosting Fudge:
Using vanilla, cream cheese, or sour cream frosting, add 1 teaspoon orange extract.

Peppermint Twist Frosting Fudge:
Add peppermint extract to taste to vanilla, cream cheese or sour cream frosting. Streak with 4 to 5 drops red food color or crush some peppermint candy (perhaps using candy canes left over after Christmas).

Strawberry-Banana Frosting Fudge:
to strawberry frosting, add 1/4 tsp banana extract

Last edited by Tnhoneypot; 11-21-2009 at 06:26 AM..

Old 11-21-2009, 06:35 AM

4,721 posts, read 15,609,683 times
Sounds really easy, but I HATE canned frosting, ugh just the thought of it. I wonder if you can at all tell you are eating it when you have some fudge. Lots of great ideas in flavors though.

For the easy stuff,I like the old tried and true:
I can of Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk
I bag chocolate chips, melt on stove, pour in lightly buttered pan.Fridge till set. thats is.

Old 11-21-2009, 06:45 AM

8,091 posts, read 15,427,067 times
Last year I was googling for a new fudge recipe - and found recipes that actually included Velveeta.

::: shudder :::

Old 11-21-2009, 06:48 AM

Quote:
I HATE canned frosting, ugh just the thought of it. I wonder if you can at all tell you are eating it
try it and see, but I really think you will love it!

here's another good one...
Easy White Fudge
Makes 64 servings.

Ingredients:
* See note below.
2 3-oz pkg cream cheese softened
1 6-oz pkg white baking chocolate melted
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Dash salt
5 c powdered sugar unsifted
1 c pecans chopped

Directions:
*A yummy white fudge that you can vary by using nuts such as macadamia nuts, filberts or black walnuts...so easy to make, too. Generously butter an 8 x 8 x 2-inch baking pan.

In a large mixer bowl at medium speed, beat cream cheese, white chocolate, vanilla and salt until well blended. At low speed, gradually add powdered sugar and beat until well blended and thick. Increase speed to medium and beat for 1 to 2 minutes or until fluffy. At low speed, beat in nuts. Spread evenly in prepared pan. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until set.

Cut into 1-inch pieces. Cover and store in the refrigerator up to 10 days.

Old 11-21-2009, 10:49 AM

5,064 posts, read 15,894,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanannie View Post

For the easy stuff,I like the old tried and true:
I can of Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk
I bag chocolate chips, melt on stove, pour in lightly buttered pan.Fridge till set. thats is.
That's pretty much what I make, although I think my recipe also has butter.

I wouldn't eat canned frosting, either. Well, I can't because of my food allergies anymore anyway, but the ingredients in those frostings are just nasty, with names I can't even pronounce. I like to keep my recipes simple, but a little more natural. I guess if someone isn't concerned about health or taste though, the canned frosting is quick and easy.

I'll skip the Velveeta, too.

Old 11-21-2009, 11:17 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,548,583 times
I have the BEST fudge recipe! I'm serious try it, it's fool proof, I've been making it since I was a teenager. My mom used to make it, but the exact same one, except that I use all milk chocolate chips, is on Allrecipes.

Aunt Teen's Creamy Chocolate Fudge - All Recipes

Old 11-21-2009, 11:19 AM

5,064 posts, read 15,894,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
I have the BEST fudge recipe! I'm serious try it, it's fool proof, I've been making it since I was a teenager. My mom used to make it, but the exact same one, except that I use all milk chocolate chips, is on Allrecipes.

Aunt Teen's Creamy Chocolate Fudge - All Recipes
Yes, I have made that one as well. It really is good!

Old 11-21-2009, 11:25 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,548,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andthentherewere3 View Post
Yes, I have made that one as well. It really is good!
That's the only one I ever make, I think it was originally on the back of a jar of marshmallow creme? I've made it w/ the raspberry or strawberry flavored marshmallow creme too. Sometimes mix peanut butter chips in, all kinds of variations. It's so easy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes