Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2010, 08:06 AM

20,549 posts, read 30,300,257 times

Advertisements

Holy cow. Have you all seen this dessert? Talk about sugar overload

ORIGINAL GLAZED DOUGHNUT BREAD PUDDING
3 eggs
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup melted butter
2 cups whole milk
1 cup raisins (optional)
1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
10 assorted Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, cut into pieces
------------------------------------------------
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, beat the eggs with an electric mixer on high for 3 minutes. Then add sugar, vanilla, nutmeg, cinnamon, and butter and beat on high for 1 minute. Add milk and beat on low for 1 minute. Then stir in raisins and pecans.
Put leftover doughnuts pieces into a greased ramekin or baking mold. Slowly pour some of the egg mixture over the doughnut pieces until they are partially covered. Then toss the pieces until they are completely soaked. Let the mixture sit for 45 minutes. While the mixture is setting up, slowly add more egg mixture. Occasionally pat the doughnut pieces down into the liquid. Continue this process until the egg mixture is used up.
Pour a half-inch of hot water into a large roasting pan – large enough to hold either the loaf or 10-inch cake pan – and then put it into the heated oven. Place the pan with the doughnut mixture into the water bath. Immediately lower the oven temperature to 300 degrees and bake mixture for 40 minutes. Then increase the oven temperature to 425 degrees and continue baking the pudding until it is nicely browned and puffy (about 15 to 20 minutes). Remove doughnut pudding pan from water bath and place it onto a rack to cool for 1 hour.
The mixture may be served either from the ramekin or removed. To remove, run a butter knife around the edge. Place a large plate on top of the Ramiken surface and flip it over. Then give a sound "TAP" on the edges of the pan. The pudding should fall gently onto the plate. Place another plate on top of the pudding and flip it back over so that the brown surface is facing up. Serve warm with lemon sauce.
LEMON SAUCE
3 lemons, halved
1 cup water
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
4 level teaspoons cornstarch dissolved into 1 cup cold water
----------------------------------------------------
Squeeze four tablespoons of juice from fresh lemon halves and place juice into a small saucepan. Add lemon halves, water, and sugar. Bring the mixture to a boil, then stir in dissolved cornstarch and vanilla. Cook for 1 minute over high heat, stirring the sauce constantly. Strain the sauce and serve warm.
Some prefer a little rosette of whipped cream on top, or try a scoop of vanilla ice cream – a la mode!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2010, 10:04 AM

1,142 posts, read 2,807,370 times
And I don't have a Krispy Kreme around me anymore

Well, at least it has nuts, milk and raisins in it. That is healthy, right?!

Old 02-25-2010, 12:21 PM

1,123 posts, read 5,318,295 times
I have heard this dish is awesome. Although the recipe I have says to used a can of fruit cocktail instead of the raisins. You can also substitute other glazed donuts to make the recipe more affordable.

Sadly, I doubt I will ever make this due to my new low fat diet requirements. I should have made it when I had the chance .

Old 02-25-2010, 07:29 PM

4,103 posts, read 7,004,529 times
All that sugar would seriously make me sick.

Old 02-26-2010, 07:25 AM

2,969 posts, read 6,923,789 times
You are so naughty for posting this younglisa!!

Old 02-26-2010, 10:39 AM

1,249 posts, read 2,454,747 times
A few years ago I saw Paula Deen make Krispy Kreme bread pudding. I made it and it was so good! Hers has fruit cocktail in it and rum sauce on top.

Here is the recipe:

2 dozen Krispy Kreme donuts
1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk(not evaporated)
2 (4.5-ounce) cans fruit cocktail (undrained)
2 eggs, beaten
1 (9-ounce) box raisins
1 pinch salt
1 or 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

Butter Rum Sauce, recipe follows
Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Cube donuts into a large bowl. Pour other ingredients on top of donuts and let soak for a few minutes. Mix all ingredients together until donuts have soaked up the liquid as much as possible.

Bake for about 1 hour until center has jelled. Top with Butter Rum Sauce.

Butter Rum Sauce:

1 stick butter

1 pound box confectioners' sugar

Rum, to taste

Melt butter and slowly stir in confectioners' sugar. Add rum and heat until bubbly. Pour over each serving of Krispy Kreme Bread Pudding.

Old 03-04-2010, 07:17 AM

2,857 posts, read 6,706,364 times
That just sounds so nasty!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes