Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 01:53 PM

17,330 posts, read 32,928,393 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
I saw that you posted this recipe last week, so I vought the stuff to make it.
They didnt have the pepper boursin, so I am subbing the shallot and chive, and will add in more pepper, will report back on how it goes!
When I made it last week, they didn't have the pepper one either -- so I also got the shallot and chive. (I looooove chives.)

I'm not sure if it was because it sat on the stove too long and dried out a bit (my husband was late getting home) or because it needed more pepper than I added (I also added in more pepper! ), but it just didn't have the same oomph that it usually does. So, my advice: be really heavy-handed with the pepper!

Enjoy! It's a great and easy recipe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2011, 01:58 PM

23,410 posts, read 36,898,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post
When I made it last week, they didn't have the pepper one either -- so I also got the shallot and chive. (I looooove chives.)

I'm not sure if it was because it sat on the stove too long and dried out a bit (my husband was late getting home) or because it needed more pepper than I added (I also added in more pepper! ), but it just didn't have the same oomph that it usually does. So, my advice: be really heavy-handed with the pepper!

Enjoy! It's a great and easy recipe.
Glad you told me that, I was a little worried.....gonna serve the pasta with panko pork chops and homemade yeast rolls, cant wait to make it!

Old 09-13-2011, 05:39 PM

OMG, this was astoundingly yummy!!!!!!!!
I have to admit, I didnt do some things quite the way the recipe said to.
I steamed the asparagus, we like it very crisp, I also sprinkled a 1/4 of flour over the mushrooms when they were almost done sauteing, I could tell from the recipe it was going to be a kind of loose sauce, I just wanted it a little tighter.
Very good reviews from everyone so far, DH wont be home til 1 in the morning, I am sure he will tell me what he thinks tomorrow, I'm sure of that, lol!

Old 09-14-2011, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
OMG, this was astoundingly yummy!!!!!!!!
I have to admit, I didnt do some things quite the way the recipe said to.
I steamed the asparagus, we like it very crisp, I also sprinkled a 1/4 of flour over the mushrooms when they were almost done sauteing, I could tell from the recipe it was going to be a kind of loose sauce, I just wanted it a little tighter.
Very good reviews from everyone so far, DH wont be home til 1 in the morning, I am sure he will tell me what he thinks tomorrow, I'm sure of that, lol!
YAY!!!! I'm so happy that you enjoyed it!!!

You're right -- the asparagus gets a bit soggy if done according to the recipe.

As for the sauce, I always throw in the whole pound of pasta (the recipe only calls for 3/4 of a pound), so I guess my sauce isn't quite as loose. I'd never have thought of the flour -- you're such a chef, kshe!

Old 09-14-2011, 09:16 AM

Quote:
YAY!!!! I'm so happy that you enjoyed it!!!

You're right -- the asparagus gets a bit soggy if done according to the recipe.

As for the sauce, I always throw in the whole pound of pasta (the recipe only calls for 3/4 of a pound), so I guess my sauce isn't quite as loose. I'd never have thought of the flour -- you're such a chef, kshe!
Awwwww, thank you for the compliment....just many years of cooking!
DH loved it, too!

Old 09-14-2011, 04:40 PM

50,133 posts, read 63,553,972 times
OK, here's how I made it.
My jerkwater grocery store had only 1, outdated package of Boursin, and it was not the right flavor. I opted to use Philadelphia Creme Sauce Original instead, with a healthy teaspoon of pepper.
I also used one whole can of chicken broth with it (more than 1 1/4 c.), and 1/2 box of Bowtie pasta. I also only cooked the asparagus to blanche it. It was not at all soupy, but just right.
I don't know whether or not the Boursin would be better, but the Boursin was $6.99 and the Philly sauce was $2.99. I will for sure make this again the way I made it.
Also, I think I'll add a bit of chopped sundried tomato next time, for color.

Last edited by gentlearts; 09-14-2011 at 05:05 PM..

Old 09-14-2011, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
OK, here's how I made it.
My jerkwater grocery store had only 1, outdated package of Boursin, and it was not the right flavor. I opted to use Philadelphia Creme Sauce Original instead, with a healthy teaspoon of pepper.
I also used one whole can of chicken broth with it (more than 1 1/4 c.), and 1/2 box of Bowtie pasta. I also only cooked the asparagus to blanche it. It was not at all soupy, but just right.
I don't know whether or not the Boursin would be better, but the Boursin was $6.99 and the Philly sauce was $2.99. I will for sure make this again the way I made it.
I tried it once with cream cheese -- it never got creamy enough. But I may try this creme sauce that you speak of -- it sounds saucy!

Old 09-16-2011, 06:56 AM

5,284 posts, read 20,011,184 times
Here is a similar one that I make - it is amazing and so easy.

Subject: Sausage and Spinach Pasta Bake
Date:

This recipe makes 4 to 6 servings....would need to be doubled to feed a
crowd.

8 oz. uncooked rigatoni
1 tbls. Olive oil
1 cup finely chopped onion
1 (10oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed (I use a pkg of fresh baby
spinach)If you use frozen spinach, thaw,drain and press between layers
of
paper towel.
3 cups cooked, crumbled hot Italian sausage
1 (14.5oz.) can Italian-style diced tomatoes
1 (8oz.) container chive and onion cream cheese
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 1/2 to 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese.

Prepare rigatoni according to package directions.
Saute onion in evoo.
Stir rigatoni, spinach, sausage, and onion and next 4 ingredients together in a bowl.
Spoon mixture into baking dish and sprinkle evenly with mozzarella cheese.
Bake, covered, at 375 degrees for 30 minutes; uncover and bake 15 more
minutes or until bubbly.

Old 09-16-2011, 03:13 PM

Just saved this recipe, too......I am sooooooo gonna make that!
Thanks for posting it!

Old 09-24-2011, 11:24 AM

5,064 posts, read 15,859,400 times
Quote:
I just made this for the first time tonight. It will NOT be the last. It was outstandingly good and ridiculously easy.

Grill Interrupted » Pasta Shells with Baby Bella Mushrooms, Asparagus, and Boursin Sauce
We're not usually big fans of pasta, but that looks REALLY good! I'll have to try that soon with some grilled meat of some sort on the side, dh always has to have meat of some kind with dinner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes