Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 02:14 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,013,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by clairegoad View Post
okay, I made it... with limeade... Dang it's good..

and I'm having some for breakfast... (there are advantages to living alone).
I'm making it with limeade next time!!!! (In a couple of weeks.)

It's so versatile, you could have it for EVERY meal, right?

I'm glad that you enjoyed it as much as I did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2010, 01:22 PM

4,030 posts, read 10,759,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post
Thanks to Tulips4You, I made lemonade pie today for a dinner party I'm throwing tomorrow.

Deleted

Because the Cool Whip (say it like Stewie on Family Guy; it's more fun that way) only came in 8 oz or 16 oz tubs, and the recipe called for 12 oz, I bought the bigger one. I still used the whole 16 oz, figuring that it would cut a bit of the tartness of the lemonade concentrate.

I filled the pie crust and had some left over, emphasis on the *had*. I ate the leftovers right off the spatula. I can only imagine that in a graham cracker pie crust, frozen until tomorrow night, it will be even better.

I highly recommend it!
This pie is to die for!
I made this pie and had the same experience. All that extra filling! What to do but eat it

Old 06-15-2010, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by debzkidz View Post
This pie is to die for!
I made this pie and had the same experience. All that extra filling! What to do but eat it
I guess you grabbed the recipe before the link got deleted. (My bad...)

It's heavenly... I can't wait to make it again, which I'll be doing next week. I'm SAYING that it's for my in-laws' visit, but my husband knows me better than that!

Old 06-15-2010, 02:53 PM

Ooops. I didn't know that I wasn't supposed to link to a blog.

Here's the recipe for those who missed it. It's the same recipe that's on about 7,735 websites out there. How I never saw this until Tulips4You told me about, I'll never know. (But my hips are thankful! )

Ingredients:
  • 1 large-size store bought graham cracker pie crust
  • 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk, chilled
  • 1 (12 ounce) container Cool Whip, thawed (Note: I only saw 8 oz and 16 oz tubs at the store I went to. I bought the 16 oz one and made the pie as described. It came out perfectly -- not too sweet; not too tart -- and I had leftover filling. )
  • 1 (6 fluid ounce) can frozen lemonade concentrate, keep frozen

Directions:
  • In a medium bowl, add chilled sweetened condensed milk and Cool Whip. Fold gently.
  • Add frozen lemonade and continue to gently fold. Do not let the mixture become soupy.
  • Pour mixture into the pie crust and freeze for several hours or overnight. (I froze it overnight ... well, except for the extra filling that I ate off the spatula.)

Old 06-21-2010, 02:19 PM

I cannot believe my family. They must have no taste buds! DH didn't really like it, although he ate part of small piece just to be nice. DS couldn't stand it! He said the whole idea of anything with citrus mixed with anything dairy or creamy grossed him out. He took one tiny bite and threw it away.

Oh well, more for me!

Old 06-21-2010, 03:40 PM

Quote:
I cannot believe my family. They must have no taste buds! DH didn't really like it, although he ate part of small piece just to be nice. DS couldn't stand it! He said the whole idea of anything with citrus mixed with anything dairy or creamy grossed him out. He took one tiny bite and threw it away.

Oh well, more for me!
Whoa!!! That's crazy talk!!!

But you got the moral of the story right: More for you! And that's a VERY good thing!

Old 06-21-2010, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post
Whoa!!! That's crazy talk!!!

But you got the moral of the story right: More for you! And that's a VERY good thing!
I know it's crazy! I almost grabbed my son's plate out of his hand as he was tipping it into the trash!

Old 06-21-2010, 04:00 PM

Quote:
I know it's crazy! I almost grabbed my son's plate out of his hand as he was tipping it into the trash!
Y'know, just like the Seinfeld episode with the eclair that George takes OFF the top of the trash bag, I *may* have even scooped it out!

Old 06-21-2010, 04:17 PM

OMG that is exactly what it was like.

Old 06-21-2010, 05:13 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,468,352 times
My Aunt has been making that for us since we were kids! I love it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes