U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 02:30 PM

17,336 posts, read 28,744,624 times

Advertisements

Thanks to Tulips4You, I made lemonade pie today for a dinner party I'm throwing tomorrow.

Deleted

Because the Cool Whip (say it like Stewie on Family Guy; it's more fun that way) only came in 8 oz or 16 oz tubs, and the recipe called for 12 oz, I bought the bigger one. I still used the whole 16 oz, figuring that it would cut a bit of the tartness of the lemonade concentrate.

I filled the pie crust and had some left over, emphasis on the *had*. I ate the leftovers right off the spatula. I can only imagine that in a graham cracker pie crust, frozen until tomorrow night, it will be even better.

I highly recommend it!

Last edited by Beretta; 06-06-2010 at 09:57 AM.. Reason: sorry, linking to outside blogs is not allowed
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2010, 03:41 PM

11,834 posts, read 15,198,814 times
I love this stuff. My mom has made it since I was a kid. There was a thread about it in here somewhere, but the OP called it something different. My family has always called it lemonade pie, too. Try it with pink leomande...mmmmmmm. I can eat the whole thing by myself.

Old 06-03-2010, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
I love this stuff. My mom has made it since I was a kid. There was a thread about it in here somewhere, but the OP called it something different. My family has always called it lemonade pie, too. Try it with pink leomande...mmmmmmm. I can eat the whole thing by myself.
Pink lemonade, you say???? I just fainted! (But I'll revive myself and make it when my in-laws are here!)

I don't doubt that this can be eaten by one person in one sitting. I just wanted to drop my face in the pie, like a pig at the trough. I imagine it will be even better when it's been frozen overnight. I just hope that I can hold off until my guests arrive. Otherwise, I'll just throw a gallon of ice cream on the table and tell them there was an earlier "dessert incident" and leave it at that.

Old 06-03-2010, 04:01 PM

768 posts, read 2,771,981 times
And even vegetarians can eat it. Oh my!

Old 06-03-2010, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaroleF View Post
And even vegetarians can eat it. Oh my!
Make it tomorrow, Carole. I swear, you'll love me forever.

Old 06-03-2010, 04:15 PM

8,039 posts, read 4,119,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post
Pink lemonade, you say???? I just fainted! (But I'll revive myself and make it when my in-laws are here!)

I don't doubt that this can be eaten by one person in one sitting. I just wanted to drop my face in the pie, like a pig at the trough. I imagine it will be even better when it's been frozen overnight. I just hope that I can hold off until my guests arrive. Otherwise, I'll just throw a gallon of ice cream on the table and tell them there was an earlier "dessert incident" and leave it at that.
I laughed at the "pig in the trough" simply because I felt the same wayI have made two of these already and made a complete hog of myself. You can always say someone broke in and stole the pie or the "dog ate it".

Old 06-03-2010, 04:44 PM

6,778 posts, read 12,308,909 times
I bet if you made that w/ Limeade you'd have a mean Mock Key Lime Pie.

Old 06-03-2010, 04:55 PM

22,984 posts, read 24,646,758 times
MMMMM....looks very similar to a recipe we've used in my family for years....

1 Box of Vanilla Wafers - crushed into fine crumbs
1 can of sweetened condensed milk
Juice of 3 lemons (good sized, not tiny ones)
1/2 pt freshly whipped cream

In a 9X9 pan (buttered) press about 1/2 -3/4 of the cookie crumbs to form a crust.
Mix together the lemon juice and evaporated milk together and pour into the pan.
Gently cover with dollops of the whipped cream and smooth over forming it's own layer
Sprinkle the remaining cookie crumbs over the top.
Refrigerate until ready to serve.

Yum...

Old 06-03-2010, 08:46 PM

11,834 posts, read 15,198,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post

Yes, the pink is soooo good. I feel your pain on trying to hold off. I purposely do not make this pie unless I know I won't be alone with it's ready - cause I really will eat the whole thing.

Old 06-03-2010, 09:34 PM

206,867 posts, read 80,023,504 times
Just what I need another pie vice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes