Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 05:26 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,328,000 times

Advertisements

Definitely, my mood affects how I am on CD: if I am happy and I have had enough coffee I can see all good, no post is stupid and everybody is my friend. When I am tired my replies can get a bit strange and I am less tolerant of repetitive threads and lengthy posts. And if I am too stressed then I tend to complain more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2010, 05:29 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robee70 View Post
Does your mood offline affect your postings on C-D?

Does C-D ever change your mood offline for better or worse?

Can you tell if a particular poster is having a bad day or not?

Silly me, but I've noticed that sometimes a particular thread or post will tick me off so much, I feel that I need to get away from C-D. Other times, I feel like a particular post or thread will make me laugh so hard, it's a virtual quick pick me up. I do think that sometimes I can pick up a certain poster's mood, based on how they're posting.

What about you?
Um yeah...jimmy crickets...many post nice....then wham bam....evil post. Or most posters that aren't funny become funny. And a poster suddenly becomes sexual Montannaguy! Holy moly!

Old 06-09-2010, 06:32 PM

751 posts, read 1,673,889 times
Quote:

Silly me, but I've noticed that sometimes a particular thread or post will tick me off so much, I feel that I need to get away from C-D. Other times, I feel like a particular post or thread will make me laugh so hard, it's a virtual quick pick me up. I do think that sometimes I can pick up a certain poster's mood, based on how they're posting.

What about you?
How people act on a message site doesn't affect my moods nor I care how someone else acts on a forum.It's not my job to watch over them or control how they may act.

I don't sweat over the small stuff especially what may occur on message boards.I've got enough in the real world to worry about.It's just the internet.

Old 06-09-2010, 06:47 PM

12,115 posts, read 33,686,080 times
Default yes sometimes

i need a break from the relationships forum because of the recurring nice guys vs bad guys and how the women want to mate more with the bad guys, it's very depressing to read and i need a break from it

Old 06-09-2010, 06:50 PM

660 posts, read 1,397,638 times
I think I'm more outgoing by posting when I'm in a good mood. When I'm not feelin' it, I just read others' posts.

If it does get to be too much or I am bothered by a certain remark or discussion, I do leave the Internet and go do something else.

Old 06-09-2010, 07:40 PM

4,053 posts, read 8,255,752 times
Oh yeah. If I have had a hard day I want to think and post. Some times I don't see any posts to add to and it's a bummer and I feel like a real geek. Other times, like tonight, I can even start a thread. Some posters (nameless of course) **** me off to no end and I think if I had to interact with them in real life, I'd shoot myself. Others, I'd love to meet for a drink!

So here's to all of you who relate and make life better! Cheers!!

Old 06-09-2010, 07:52 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
Well I now stay away from the forums where idiots can trigger a response from me that will get me in trouble.
Yes, thats why I stay out of the forum that is associated with my line of work.
For the most part, those people do not want a professionals opinion, they just want someone to agree with them.
Although, I must say, I have gotten to know desertsun41 from that forum, and am glad of it!

Old 06-09-2010, 07:53 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,107,360 times
Robee, you kind a hit the nail on the head again. I'm not usually what I would call 'moody', but sometimes when I'm really happy I tend to overlook some of the BS. Sometimes I read a post and just click the red X in the top right corner, rather than post what I think, I just go off line. The people on my friends list are special, I try to read all their posts, and would love the opportunity to meet them.

Old 06-09-2010, 07:58 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times
I must admit, I come here to the relationship forum just to get a grip on how much worse my life could suck, sometimes to get a giggle, or troll the trollers.
The only thing that has gotten me really riled lately is what is happening in the Gulf, because it affects me and mine directly.
It just boggles my mind to read some of the idiot responses on the various threads, ya know?

Old 06-09-2010, 08:00 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,269,059 times
Quote:

What about you?
Different subforums affect me different ways, and I don't know that they affect my mood as much as how I feel about certain things and people.

This subforum is generally a good time. I like a lot of the folks here. It reminds me that there are all kinds of fun, interesting, warm, kind people in the world. It also makes me appreciate what I have in my guy, what with some of the dating horror stories and some of the expressions of sexism and bitterness toward women I've seen here.

I also like the Atheism and Agnosticism forum, just because there aren't a lot of people where I live who like to talk about such things.

My local subforum has a different effect entirely. (FrmlyBklyn, please bear with. ) There are people there whose ideas I might be inclined to listen to (if not necessarily agree with), if only they could refrain from getting personal. Long story short, bashing civil servants and their unions is a sport over there, and my guy is a civil servant and belongs to a union. I actually sat the fence on unions in the civil service up until a few months ago--and my guy knew it because, hey, we talk, and I can be a little journalista when it comes to asking questions. Once I joined C-D, I even asked questions and presented ideas based on some of what I read on the subforum, and showed my guy some of the more articulate posts.

Now? The way certain people express themselves is such that when there's news of a property tax increase or a victory for a civil service union that will result in one, I couldn't care less. I live in an apartment. Not my problem, and I've lost sympathy. That's a big change for me, owing directly to my experience on C-D.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships