Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 08:36 AM

4,941 posts, read 8,323,445 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
NOT being snarky, but I think you quit therapy waaaaaaay too soon.

I agree and you are focusing too intensely on dating. Self revelation is a powerful thing and once you become happy and content with yourself and where you are in life, it will all come together for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2010, 08:38 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 19,999,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
It is amazing when you constantly put positive thoughts and vibes out there of what can happen.

Dr. Wayne Dyer is a good start.
Dr. Wayne Dryer, isn't he the founder of that alleged cult thing that John Travolta is into?

Old 06-11-2010, 08:40 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,547,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdubs3201 View Post
Didn't quit. I've gone every week for a month and a half.
Oh, I coulda swore you stopped after one session? Anyways, talk to your therapist about this.

Have you ever been prescribed Celexa or anything? You seem really hyper

Old 06-11-2010, 08:42 AM

41 posts, read 120,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
It's not so bad. You could end up like this fat bastard working 2 jobs so his demon lazy wife can have a McMansion with granite countertops.
Don't forget the stainless steel appliances!

Anyway, my message to the original poster is simply: try something new. Stop with the online dating sites if it's not working for you.

My story to share is that I met my boyfriend online (he was 29, I was 27), and on a gaming server (Counterstrike). We shot each other and it was love at first BAM!! Haha, jk. What it takes is lots of communication and deciding if this is worth your time. You need better filtration! Weed out the crap.

I wish you good luck!

Old 06-11-2010, 08:43 AM

2,618 posts, read 6,161,377 times
Quote:
Oh, I coulda swore you stopped after one session? Anyways, talk to your therapist about this.

Have you ever been prescribed Celexa or anything? You seem really hyper
I'm not hyper. Just because I can write elaborately and quickly on a computer shouldn't give impressions of being hyper, I don't know how you get that.

I don't need drugs. I just see this for what it is. I'm entitled to my view. Not everyone has to have a purpose for a relationship. Many people live fulfilling lives without ever getting married or finding "the one". I can be just as happy without dating. Its just something that isn't fun for me, and it doesn't feel like it's meant for me. Some people just aren't good at dealing with certain things. I don't NEED mental help, my therapist has already told me he doesn't recommend me to keep showing up, but I've hit my deductable for insurance when I had knee surgery, and I like going as I feel better afterwards.

I'm not as screwed up as some of your presume just because I'm deciding to give something up that makes me unhappy. Just because it comes so easy to the rest of you doesn't mean I have a major problem because it's tougher for me to deal with.

Everyone struggles with something. This happens to be one of mine.

Old 06-11-2010, 08:48 AM

2,058 posts, read 3,303,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
you are focusing too intensely on dating. Self revelation is a powerful thing and once you become happy and content with yourself and where you are in life, it will all come together for you.
I agree.

Old 06-11-2010, 08:49 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,547,001 times
Quote:
I'm not hyper. Just because I can write elaborately and quickly on a computer shouldn't give impressions of being hyper, I don't know how you get that.
Yeah it had nothing to do with how eloquently or elaborately you write. Geez!

Maybe I should have said anxious. At any rate it had nothing to do with your superb writing, but how you handle situations that I've witnessed over many of your threads.

Old 06-11-2010, 08:50 AM

2,058 posts, read 3,303,140 times
Quote:
I don't need drugs.
Good for you for not going that route.

Quote:
Everyone struggles with something. This happens to be one of mine.
True.

Old 06-11-2010, 08:51 AM

41 posts, read 120,732 times
Quote:
Just because it comes so easy to the rest of you doesn't mean I have a major problem because it's tougher for me to deal with.
Hell, no. It's never been easy for me, and I don't think it has for anyone else either. Just look at the size of this Relationship subforum.

Old 06-11-2010, 08:55 AM

2,618 posts, read 6,161,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
I agree and you are focusing too intensely on dating. Self revelation is a powerful thing and once you become happy and content with yourself and where you are in life, it will all come together for you.
I completely agree with this statement, and I feel like I'm very happy and confident in myself in almost all other aspects of my life. I have a good job, I'm well educated, I have a lot of friends, I have some very good friends as well, I'm active, I play a lot of sports, I'm outgoing and have no problem meeting new people, I know how to have fun in social settings, I am proactive about improving myself and trying new things.

I'm just trying to keep an open mind to meet people who are interested in a potential relationship, but I just can't deal with this one aspect of it. I find it appauling and disgusting. I'm an honest, straight forward, and respectful guy. It's just so discouraging to learn that most people are like this.

Quote:
Yeah it had nothing to do with how eloquently or elaborately you write. Geez!

Maybe I should have said anxious. At any rate it had nothing to do with your superb writing, but how you handle situations that I've witnessed over many of your threads.
I agree with you as well. I can't handle these situations so I'm taking the steps neccesarily to make sure I'm not in theese situations ever again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships