Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 09:13 PM

1,394 posts, read 4,172,119 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobagirl View Post
"If I have to support the two of us, then I will have to try to find something a little less costly, until I can get the state of Colorado to step in and help me."

What is the state of Colorado going to do? I don't understand.
If the question is directed to me the answer is child support.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2007, 06:36 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,512,386 times
Yorkie, I am still praying that you can make your break safely. I pray that you will be able to find a job to help you survive. Doesn't look like hubby will even pay child support From your posts, you are wiser and more sure of yourself than some give you credit for Best of luck!!Prayers and hugs, too

Old 06-28-2007, 09:13 PM

Thanks, I am still packing, my move date is July 14th so I don't have to long to go. I have had to pack all by myself so it is taking some time. I am hell bent on this move, so if you are all with me, I can do anything, and even if you weren't I will do it any ways.
I know it will be great once I get out there but the packing is killing me, with my fibromyalgia and RA, it has been a major problem, I keep going even though it takes me until 3 or 4 in the afternoon to be able to move, I keep going as long as my body will let me. So thanks for the support, I needed that!!! Take care, Yorkie

Old 06-28-2007, 09:20 PM

2,267 posts, read 3,298,887 times
YM, my thoughts will be with you.

I lived in a controlling and VERY unhappy situation...I picked up and moved to Florida from Texas...I didn't realize how unhappy I was until I learned to live without all the problems...I finally have peace and quiet most of the time...as much peace and quiet one can have with a 10year old that is...

Old 06-28-2007, 09:45 PM

2,896 posts, read 6,635,464 times
Hi Yorkie! My first post in this forum And why would I do this? Well....

I grew up in foster and group homes as a youngster. At 17 I finally won emancipation from the state of CA. I will never forget the afternoon I walked out of the last group home I would ever live in. Ettie Lee Home for Boys in Redlands CA January 12, 1976 I walked out the front door with a cardboard box full of my record albums and a paper bag full of all my clothes. No handshake, hugs, money, good luck wishes, game plan, backup, friends or family. Literally open the door and walked out into the world. Was it rough? Yep it sure was. I went many days without eating and slept in the small closets of friends I made as I plugged along in my young life. I kept my head up, found work, took some college classes at night and things started falling into place. The important thing is I always stayed positive and was grateful for the fact I made it yet one more day in this wonder called life. Fast forward some 32 years and all I can say is I have had one heckuva great time with my life, friends, and especially my three kids, two that are very successful adults and I'm ready for my baby (my 14 yo stepdaughter who's papa passed when she was 2) to start high school in a few months. Your LIFE truly is a blink of an eye in the scheme of time on this planet and I would encourage you to not waste that blink by allowing anyone or anything hold you back. Go get em kid...and just Git-R-Done

Old 07-01-2007, 06:16 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,539,708 times
Default You go, girl!

A belated hello to Yorkie-Super-Mom! OR is it super-Yorkie-Mom

That's a yorkie joke. She knows what I mean. I am so happy to read of your recent success in nest-searching. I am surprised your not-so-DH put the house up for sale. Interesting development there. Hope he doesn't think he will be putting his shoes under your bed in CO.

I know you can accomplish this new life you are embarking on and I know you will be successful. My prayers are with you and your daughter and your yorkies. MolLeigh Dianne *(my yorkie) sends her love and tough love to your yorkie.

Old 07-01-2007, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird4848 View Post
A belated hello to Yorkie-Super-Mom! OR is it super-Yorkie-Mom

That's a yorkie joke. She knows what I mean. I am so happy to read of your recent success in nest-searching. I am surprised your not-so-DH put the house up for sale. Interesting development there. Hope he doesn't think he will be putting his shoes under your bed in CO.

I know you can accomplish this new life you are embarking on and I know you will be successful. My prayers are with you and your daughter and your yorkies. MolLeigh Dianne *(my yorkie) sends her love and tough love to your yorkie.
Thanks Redbird, sorry I didn't pick OK, I love Colorado and I know my daughter and I will be very happy there. My little Yorkies sends their love, they will be going to the beauty shop on Friday to get ready for the big move.
The house is up for sale but we have only had one person take a look at it so far since we came back home, I guess he couldn't get a loan for it, but he wanted it pretty badly.
My DH can stay in Minnesota, because once I get out on my own, there is no going back, and I think that I am going to love the peace and quiet, with no bickering to much to ever want to go back to the way it was.
Thanks again for your support, we will be pulling out of here in the early morning hours on the 15th of July, I can't wait!!!! Talk to you again soon, take care. Yorkie

Old 07-02-2007, 06:43 AM

3,413 posts, read 8,838,527 times
Good Luck Yorkie Mom............. and remember something VERY important. Your soon to be ex-hubby does not have the right to decide whether he "feels like" paying child support. He is REQUIRED to pay it.

Here is a link to a MN child support calculator- enter your personal financial info and see what he needs to pay. Then show him that information and see if he'll agree without going to court. If not, file before you leave and he will have to pay retroactive to the date you filed.

Calculator

Last edited by pirate girl; 07-02-2007 at 06:43 AM.. Reason: added link

Old 08-07-2007, 12:59 AM

Hi everyone, just wanted to post that I am here in Colorado ad love every minute of it. My daughter also loves it and has made a couple of new friends, her new school is awesome with views of the mountains, it is just breath taking.
I have a view of the mountains when I look out my windows, this is heaven, we are doing great, and I will be back full time as soon as my daughter starts school, in the mean time I promised her I would spend some quality time with her before school starts. Her first day is the 20th of this month, so it won't be long. Tonight she is staying with one of her new friends and I wanted everyone to know we were ok and doing great!!!!
I have been busy with getting are apartment set up and also doing a lot of picture taking, everyone here is very friendly and down to earth, so we found our piece of heaven. Take care until I can get back full time, and I will be happy to be able to talk to my friends that I made here on City-Data.
I thought this would be the best place on here to post to all my friends who have stuck with me through this ordeal. I have let Hoosier and Whistera know that we are ok so they may post in other areas. I will be looking forward to talking to you all again. Take care, Yorkie

Old 08-07-2007, 01:14 AM
HDL

3,216 posts, read 6,788,057 times
Great News Yorkie Mom!!! I'm glad to hear that you and your daughter are okay and doing fine :-) We will be expecting some pics and additional information on the area when you have more time and DD is back in school.

Welcome Back!

Hugs,

~HDL~
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships