Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 07:10 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,266,221 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
And a couple of the guys, who where there with their SO's, made comments about how jealous they were, how "George" was their hero and other similar comments. One woman was so upset she got up and walked off. Her guy called her a drama queen. Those of us who heard it were in agreement that it was rude.
Who would say something like that in public, in mixed company, in front of his own SO?

Someone who probably slept on the couch that night, that's who.

Ye gods, talk about inept!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2010, 07:38 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,426,871 times
I guess that if someone did that to me, I might be pissed. Then I would go down that vengeance route and turn the subject around to something he feels uncomfortable with, instead of walking out.

Old 06-13-2010, 08:03 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,144,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
I was out for a bit with a few friends for a birthday gathering at a local watering hole this weekend. There was a group at the tables next to us having an interesting discussion while the band was on a break, so we could hear a lot of what they were saying.

It sounded like they were talking about a particular couple who are into the threesome thing (the woman is bi). And a couple of the guys, who where there with their SO's, made comments about how jealous they were, how "George" was their hero and other similar comments. One woman was so upset she got up and walked off. Her guy called her a drama queen. Those of us who heard it were in agreement that it was rude.

It really made me appreciate my guy. I told him about it during our phone call afterwards. We've already covered that topic and it's not so much a problem in wanting it; we all have our fantasies, as bland or wild as they may be. But going out of your way to verbalize such a desire to be with another woman is just so incredibly disrespectful, especially in front of other people.

Thoughts?
Well, I remember a party a long time ago where the subject of threesomes came up. This one guy there told everyone that he'd love to have one with his wife and another woman. His wife laughed and said, "Oh, honey, you have a hard time keeping one woman satisfied. What are you going to do with two?"

It was about the coldest thing I've ever seen. But it was pretty hysterical. And I bet he never brought that up again.

Old 06-13-2010, 09:19 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,707,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Well, I remember a party a long time ago where the subject of threesomes came up. This one guy there told everyone that he'd love to have one with his wife and another woman. His wife laughed and said, "Oh, honey, you have a hard time keeping one woman satisfied. What are you going to do with two?"

It was about the coldest thing I've ever seen. But it was pretty hysterical. And I bet he never brought that up again.
What a way to teach him a lesson

Old 06-14-2010, 09:04 AM

9,230 posts, read 16,542,767 times
Quote:

Wow! Good one. LOL!

Old 06-14-2010, 09:08 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,002,157 times
Quote:

LOL Right on! I heard this said in a movie. Great line.

Old 06-14-2010, 09:10 AM

9,230 posts, read 16,542,767 times
"I am not sharing our two minutes of quality time with anyone!" comes to mind.

Old 06-14-2010, 02:48 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,550,952 times
LOL..definitely a couch nite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post
Who would say something like that in public, in mixed company, in front of his own SO?

Someone who probably slept on the couch that night, that's who.

Ye gods, talk about inept!

Old 06-14-2010, 04:47 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,927,974 times
I wonder how much money I would lose betting that all the women who have posted saying that it would be the end of their relationship if their guy expressed desire for a threesome out loud are American. Women feeling uncherished, disrespected or angry about the threesome thing is uniquely American. Other parts of the world, its not that big a deal. Not saying they all go in for it but its not the deal breaker that it seems to be here in the U.S. European women can disagree with a guy (and vice versa) about group sex and not have it bring the entire relationship to a crashing halt. I have an ex with whom threesomes were planned. We even got as far as looking at and placing ads. It never happened because, really some things truly are best just fantasized about. The health issues alone are pretty sobering. My point: the threesomes were mostly her idea and they weren't the reason we broke up. Its been years since we broke up and she still has not found anyone to be serious about. Hmmmm. Are decent guys really all that plentiful that they can be kicked to the curb just for stupid things that they might do or say with respect to sex? My limited personal experience says no. YMMV.

H

Old 06-14-2010, 05:07 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,696,404 times
Love the group thing, but, everybody is very different. You need to be very secure and many men and woman simply cannot handle it. Jealousy rears the head far to often for my liking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships