Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 11:57 AM

88,515 posts, read 84,688,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
Doesn't the Judeo-Christian view hold that the Devil is evil incarnate? The Devil doesn't DO evil things, the Devil TEMPTS people to do evil things. Thus, women who would tempt married men to violate their (assumed) sacred vows, are equivalent to evil incarnate. It's every bit as wrong for these women as it is for the men who are breaking their vows.

Even if you don't believe in religion-based morality, it is still unethical to act in ways that will damage or entice someone to damage their existing relationships. Without interference from a third party, they may have been able to keep their vows and avoid the pain and disruption their infidelity could cause.
The Christian view is that the devil is evil incarnate, not the Jewish view, in which the devil (Satan) works for God as a sort of tester.

Old 06-14-2010, 11:57 AM

7,364 posts, read 14,670,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
Yes, so why is she having sex with a married guy?
The way I see it, if I just came to get down, I really don't care if you are married or not. I know I don't ask about martial status if I'm just looking for sex.

Old 06-14-2010, 11:58 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 19,999,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Probably different reasons for different women.

I've known women over the years who only seem to go after other women's men. It's old mommy issues or daddy issues or a combination, but they are only "triumphant" when they take away somebody's else's man. I can think of two women I know who stick to that pattern, and to those of us who know their backgrounds, it's obvious what they are doing--repeating the past, over and over, hoping for a different result this time. Almost always, if the man does actually leave his wife, he leaves these woman a short time later for a new replacement.

In other cases, there are women who can't find a man for a relationship or marriage of their own, so they settle for a "part-time" relationship with a married man thinking that half a loaf is better than none. Others can sit and point fingers about morals and whatnot, but they aren't the ones who find themselves so alone and unloved that they get to a point where their own morals become compromised. A lot of times these women fool themselves into thinking that the man will someday leave his wife for them. Usually that doesn't happen. This latter situation is the same reason some women marry losers when it's obvious to everyone else that they are marrying a loser. They want someone, but no one wants them, so they lower their standards.
Ihear that a lot but divorce attornies are making a killing from someone.

Old 06-14-2010, 12:01 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,134,340 times
Well, as the old saying goes, when a man marries his mistress, he's just creating a job opening.

Old 06-14-2010, 12:03 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 19,999,259 times
Who knows how many 2nd marriages started out that way. I can't count how many times I've heard a man say he should've married his second wife first--or the first one was a trial run. I was a first wife, btw.

Old 06-14-2010, 12:19 PM

3,052 posts, read 4,303,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Aren't the cheating married men lacking in morals as well? While the women are not guiltless, they're not the ones who took vows to forsake all others.
Exactly.

Old 06-14-2010, 12:44 PM

4,379 posts, read 5,381,251 times
double post

Old 06-14-2010, 12:48 PM

4,379 posts, read 5,381,251 times
Quote:
Do you think marriage will die it given what a joke it seems to be these days?

What other arrangement would people enter that has over a 50% failure rate and a much higher rate of being totally miserable in?
My own view is this:

- Some persons, if not a good portion of persons, can be manipulative and not morally wholesome. this is why some steal, cheat, even kill. This is an integral aspect of the human condition, which will not change soon, no matter how unfortunate. it's no different, in truth, to saying that humans walk on two legs, or human beings can abstract. It's just our nature in the end.

- Cheating/infidelity is as old as the hills. Some women, even men, purposefully cheat on married/attached men (as I see it) for the following reasons:

- They want to spite the current spouse, either out of animosity, envy, or just plain hostility
- They naturally are manipulative or unwholesome people
- They simply want a thrill, no matter the cost
- For the hell of it

I think most persons in the world recognise that not all human actions are nice, and not all persons are nice. Whilst only a few are evil to Hitler or Stalin-esque proportions, a lot of people will (and do) bend the established rules to suit their own ends. Human goodness/badness is a spectrum. A few are saints at one end, a few are totally evil at another, whilst most are in between.

As I've got older, I've realised it's best to let things be, especially what you cannot change. The fact that some people will do bad things is something we cannot change.

Old 06-14-2010, 12:54 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,773,094 times
Quote:
Yes, so why is she having sex with a married guy?
You want all the reasons or just the top ten?

Old 06-14-2010, 01:36 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,237,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samston View Post
My own view is this:

- Some persons, if not a good portion of persons, can be manipulative and not morally wholesome. this is why some steal, cheat, even kill. This is an integral aspect of the human condition, which will not change soon, no matter how unfortunate. it's no different, in truth, to saying that humans walk on two legs, or human beings can abstract. It's just our nature in the end.

- Cheating/infidelity is as old as the hills. Some women, even men, purposefully cheat on married/attached men (as I see it) for the following reasons:

- They want to spite the current spouse, either out of animosity, envy, or just plain hostility
- They naturally are manipulative or unwholesome people
- They simply want a thrill, no matter the cost
- For the hell of it

I think most persons in the world recognise that not all human actions are nice, and not all persons are nice. Whilst only a few are evil to Hitler or Stalin-esque proportions, a lot of people will (and do) bend the established rules to suit their own ends. Human goodness/badness is a spectrum. A few are saints at one end, a few are totally evil at another, whilst most are in between.

As I've got older, I've realised it's best to let things be, especially what you cannot change. The fact that some people will do bad things is something we cannot change.

But I"m not at the point where most of the women I know have done this, whereas I don't know any guy who has slept with married women while he has been single..

Given that so many women are doing this, apparently, is this something they can outgrow, or s the immaturity behind this permanent? Should this be a dealbreaker?

I know there are some women who basically claim they didn't know he was married, and maybe they are just aren't bright, but if you're having sex with your boss and you've never been to his house and you're doing it in hotel rooms, despite living in town, he's married, and you're an idiot for not realizing it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships