U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2010, 07:29 PM

479 posts, read 1,210,579 times

Advertisements

As many of you did I'm sure, I heard this quote in "Finding Forrester." Ladies, how true is this statement? And why is it true?
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2010, 07:32 PM

11,868 posts, read 15,382,757 times
That is such a wonderful movie. I think an unexpected gift is great, but it's certainly not the key to my heart. It is nice to know he's thinking about me though.

Old 06-16-2010, 07:47 PM

1,237 posts, read 3,159,991 times
I don't think it's a gift so much as a gesture? I'm a sucker for a long hug for no reason, if he takes my hand to hold it randomly, or catching him looking at me with a smile on his face. Makes my heart melt.

Old 06-16-2010, 08:08 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,506 posts, read 18,521,222 times
Not for me. A poem written by him specifically for me, a phone call telling me he heard a song today that reminded him of me and he quotes it-they always go on our special playlist of songs between us, telling me things he wants to do with me and watch as he puts the (usually elaborate) plans into motion, it always gets me, things like that are the key to my heart.

Old 06-16-2010, 08:09 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,506 posts, read 18,521,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swmrbird View Post
I don't think it's a gift so much as a gesture? I'm a sucker for a long hug for no reason, if he takes my hand to hold it randomly, or catching him looking at me with a smile on his face. Makes my heart melt.
Yes. Great ones!

Old 06-16-2010, 09:13 PM

3,989 posts, read 7,352,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidburn View Post
As many of you did I'm sure, I heard this quote in "Finding Forrester." Ladies, how true is this statement? And why is it true?
Haven't seen this movie but I guess the sentiment is true. My sweetie is a pilot and has been all around. Usually he brings me a gift, some big, mostly small. There for awhile it was local choclate from his travels, yummy to share together! It screams, "I think about you while I'm away and this is an "us thing"! I've had chocolate from Germany, Norway, California, Colorado etc. He's also brought me French perfume, a signed print from a New Mexico artist, and a silver picture frame.

Old 06-16-2010, 09:18 PM

38,833 posts, read 24,489,566 times
It melts my heart. I'm not much for the emotional blackmail holidays like Mother's Day, Valentine's Day and birthdays.

My DH had the day off for all of those events. To me, if you need a forced, store dictated, cliche day to SHOW your love - then what the heck were all the other 363 days for?

But my DH would call me just to tell me he loved me and was thinking about me, a few times sent flowers randomly because he said he was thinking how lucky he was to be married to me... lots of little things out of the blue. Those things meant the WORLD because they were obviously heart felt and intense.

Aw heck. I still miss him so much.

So, um.. yeah. Totally pro on the whole random acts of love.

Old 06-16-2010, 09:20 PM

4,941 posts, read 7,664,389 times
Nah, I don't need a physical gifts to get to my heart. The way to my heart is to love me for me and accept me for me. That means taking as I am, fault, flaws, insecurities, qualities, things you love about me....all of it. Don't judge me, just love me. Give me all of you, your faults, flaws, insecurites but best of all, the most precious gift...your heart, and I'm all yours!

Old 06-16-2010, 09:22 PM

42,835 posts, read 82,087,058 times
It's always nice, but my reaction would depend more on the gift itself. It would be endearing if it's something showing he listened to what I said/want or knows me enough to figure what I'd like.

Old 06-16-2010, 09:39 PM

4,898 posts, read 17,236,123 times
i dont need a tangible gift as a key to my heart. just some attention, kind words and a show of affection
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships